Irvine Welsh on Hibs TV - Hibs cleared by SFA

Ahhh hibs, much like Aberdeen, irrelevant sub standard nobodies, desperate to have some kind of rivalry with us, a heated contest. Alas, both teams of zero genuine footballing ability. Pitiful attendances and below standard stadia. These two teams must be the only teams in the world that always get to four cup finals a year, playing the famous Glasgow rangers

I’ve noticed on Twitter recently its a full on ‘hun’ onslaught. I was going to start a thread about it but ill just leave it here - is it time we started fighting back? I never see the word 19th Century Terrorist being used casually, yet its a-ok to call me a hun? Why is this acceptable? I’ve started calling out bigots in their comments every time i see this word and i suggest you all do the same.

Black Live Matters?

Not at Easter Road.
Funny you should say that. Watching the game tonight, I wondered if Hibs have any black players, unusual to see a team without a black player. If not, they don't know what they are missing, Kamara anyone?

So far he has said

"Morelos should be chopped up with a machete and sent to all corners of the globe"

He referred to us as "The Current Buns"

and he has just said "a great thing about closed doors football is no away fans, not needing to listen to that sectarian nonsense"

Shocking stuff.
A bitter mentally challenged scumbag.

I wouldn’t describe these comments as shocking, I’d expect nothing less. Prick.

Hes one of them who doesnt get cancelled by the professionally offended.

The media and middle classes love him. I dont mind this talk as long as others are allowed to give it back without a witchunt.

Doesnt work that way though. Hes their kind of pet bit of rough, well a kid on bit of rough.

People saying he should face police action :rolleyes:

Morelos would probably find if funny if he could speak English/Leith.
i officially don’t care what Irvine Welsh says about literally anything. I don’t like people who pretend to be offended and i don’t like the idea that words are treated the same as actual violence and actual crime. Someone even brought BLM into it, thereby invoking racism, shouting “Full House” and winning tonights’s bingo

Once there is audio/video of this junkie's comments, there's not much we can do. I'm sure said files will end up on social media shortly...

Just read this. If it’s true, then not only is it indefensible from Welsh, but also from Hibs if they don’t call it out. Let’s be clear. It’s a clear racial slur and hate crime and must be dealt with. Rangers as a club should publicise it if it’s on an official channel of another SPFL club and we as a support should be highlighting it on every mainstream and social media outlet possible. Totally unacceptable

i officially don’t care what Irvine Welsh says about literally anything. I don’t like people who pretend to be offended and i don’t like the idea that words are treated the same as actual violence and actual crime. Someone even brought BLM into it, thereby invoking racism, shouting “Full House” and winning tonights’s bingo
We have fans jailed for singing a song but you think saying a player should be chopped up with a machete is ok...what fuckin hope have we got?
You need to have a good look yourself

Genuinely lost for words. This is an official club broadcast. Not some plooky wee guy full of wine posting on twitter.

I remember hearing Tom Commentator say on a pod a while back that Club Tv can be slightly biased toward their own club but they are supposed to be held to the same broacasting standards as Sky/BT etc.

He said he had to reign in Shug Burns a couple of times.

If Welsh has made these comments then Rangers better go the whole way with a complaint.

We should if you consider the reaction is the same being said on RTV.
ok and if some Rangers celeb fan pitched up on RTV and said the same what would you say?

“Obviously OTT for effect by well known OTT controversialist” or would you be wasting polis time on Twitter?

Back