Irvine Welsh on Hibs TV - Hibs cleared by SFA

So far he has said

"Morelos should be chopped up with a machete and sent to all corners of the globe"

He referred to us as "The Current Buns"

and he has just said "a great thing about closed doors football is no away fans, not needing to listen to that sectarian nonsense"

Shocking stuff.
sectarian no one does it better than a Sectarian!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is it with the clubs in Scotland out with Rangers? They seem to have some of the most vile fans - however, so many of them are given a public forum to make their vile comments and give abuse. It doesn't make any sense.

That should see Hibs TV absolutely hammered and it should see that vile rat bastard visited by the cops.

I’m sure hate speech Hamza is on the blower as we speak :rolleyes:
That’s exactly what it is, which apparently is a crime in modern jhokoland the supreme leader said just that earlier when she apologised to the trans community, but as we all know hate crime, bigotry etc is only that when it’s aimed anyone who is not connected to Rangers, our supporters, share our beliefs and values or happen to be from other parts of the UK. This walloper chose a public domain to spout his poison as well.

Who says people are pretending? Dont you think it was a vile thing to say?
purposely OTT and tasteless, the way jokes sometimes can be. I don’t know if you actually believe he actually meant these words seriously or not. I suggest that’s a stretch but if you show me proof - a notebook with plans and Alfie’s address? - i’ll be first on the phone to the cops.

Words don’t equate to violence. If you accept this false premise, you have literally zero right to object to the abuse of power that has and will be used against you as a Rangers fan.

This thread is full of blatant hypocrisy, often contained within the space of the same post. Just think about the double standards argument for a second longer lads, Either you actually believe Lennon is the most uniquely persecuted man in Scotland... or like me, you don’t. If you’re like me, then you shouldn’t be playing that game at all.

Appalling comments, and the police should be taking action.

Also, surely the compliance officer will be charging hibs for this?

Or are only Rangers allowed to bring the game into disrepute.

purposely OTT and tasteless, the way jokes sometimes can be. I don’t know if you actually believe he actually meant these words seriously or not. I suggest that’s a stretch but if you show me proof - a notebook with plans and Alfie’s address? - i’ll be first on the phone to the cops.

Words don’t equate to violence. If you accept this false premise, you have literally zero right to object to the abuse of power that has and will be used against you as a Rangers fan.

This thread is full of blatant hypocrisy, often contained within the space of the same post. Just think about the double standards argument for a second longer lads, Either you actually believe Lennon is the most uniquely persecuted man in Scotland... or like me, you don’t. If you’re like me, then you shouldn’t be playing that game at all.
I don't know what you're taking laddie but I'd stop it now if I were you.

There will be some junkie Hibs fan sending a recording of Welsh ans the chopping Alfie with a machete

No way can Rangers allow this to go unpunished

Welsh is a scumbag and needs done for his comments

Hibs a should be cited by SFA

Also if proper evidence then OFCOM a an be contacted as it will 100% breach broadcasting rules for offensive content

This cannot be swept under the carpet but we need a recording

If Robert Carlyle (well known Rangers fan) was on RTV and said;

‘scott brown should be chopped up with. Machete and sent to every corner of the globe’

‘The crash barriers’

‘I’m happy I don’t have to listen to that sectarian pro ira singing all night’

Front page news for sure.
That’s exactly exactly what would have happened. It seems to be acceptable to throw sectarian insults at our club and all connected with it and we are expected to put up and shut up. In fact there’s ones on heat that seems to think that way.
As for the comment about Morelos, it’s disgraceful but it will be laughed off because of who said it and who it was aimed at.

I can’t pretend to be offended by this or any other words that are said at or surrounding football. Especially comments made by a confirmed lunatic and outright attention seeking creep. In saying that, there are two main issues with this, one specific and one in general.

The first is an issue of parity. What would happen if Tom said on RTV that he wanted “Lennon chopped up with a machete”? It would be front page everywhere and discussed in the Scottish Parliament and that’s not an exaggeration.

Then you have this absolute campaign of vilification against a young man - it is way beyond ridiculous. He is hounded everywhere he goes. The replay after replay to the extent it’s all they talk about. The abuse by fellow fans both at Stadiums and in the streets. The genuine hatred of this boy. It’s is beyond a fùcking joke.

These comments are a continuation of open season on Morelos and should be the last straw. This isn’t some bampot of Twitter - this is Hibs official TV channel.

The “currant buns” thing, fucking stupid, childish but ultimately harmless in isolation. The problem with that is the contradiction with the reaction if someone on RTV said something similarly stupid and childish... we’d be having government “any sectarianism” summits. The problem with that isn’t the parochial insult, it’s the hypocrisy.

The machete comment is truly despicable though. Utterly appalling and should see a visit from the police IMO. I don’t think there is any context that excuses that as “a joke” on a public platform.

The case against TBB is based on a literal interpretation of the line ‘up to our knees in 19th Century Terrorist blood’ (and, of course, deliberate distortion of what ‘19th Century Terrorist’ actually means).

Hundreds of our fans have been fined and some jailed, no doubt with the approval of Welsh.

The Scottish state adopts completely different standards to different groups. That’s hypocrisy.

Obviously knows feck all about his own club's history....the original sectarian club. Oh aye...and when the scum came through and took all the hivs players, back in the day, it was us that came to a benefit game to keep them in business...that seems like a mistake on our part.
They actually went out of business for two years.
They have a cheek to call us a new club when there has literally been two Hibs.

The wannabe Hibs casual fantasist what was it their top boy said about him ‘ The annoying Mr Welsh ‘ maybe one day they’ll give him an honorary place in the Firm .

I think a lot of you are missing the point!

"I dont get offended"
"Ignore it"

It's not about being offended it's about the double standards, if this was reversed and on RTV I fucking guarantee whomever said it would be hounded, charged and arrested, RTV would have the book thrown at them and the media would be full on Rangers sectarian etc.

Too many of you live by this bullshit "keep your powder dry" or "dignified silence cobblers"
It's done us nothing but harm and then those same soft twats whine about " why us"

WHO
GIVES
A
F*CK
WHAT
THEY
SAY
ON
HIBS TV
LADS
?
When somebody says what Welsh said last night we should all give a f++k because no way would anyone on RTV get away with saying something equivalent about eg Griffiths and the Celtic support.

im

no and i don’t think it’s wise to throw the term racist around so casually. what evidence do you have for that claim?

pretty soon we won’t know what actual racism is
Do you think “pundits” speak differently about Morelos in the manner they do because of his playing style or because of where he comes from?

I can’t pretend to be offended by this or any other words that are said at or surrounding football. Especially comments made by a confirmed lunatic and outright attention seeking creep. In saying that, there are two main issues with this, one specific and one in general.

The first is an issue of parity. What would happen if Tom said on RTV that he wanted “Lennon chopped up with a machete”? It would be front page everywhere and discussed in the Scottish Parliament and that’s not an exaggeration.

Then you have this absolute campaign of vilification against a young man - it is way beyond ridiculous. He is hounded everywhere he goes. The replay after replay to the extent it’s all they talk about. The abuse by fellow fans both at Stadiums and in the streets. The genuine hatred of this boy. It’s is beyond a fùcking joke.

These comments are a continuation of open season on Morelos and should be the last straw. This isn’t some bampot of Twitter - this is Hibs official TV channel.
I'm of the opinion now that the club should call out every single person who has made hateful and inciteful comments about him. Yes, he isn't an angel, but are any other lumps of wood given this level of harassment and scrutiny when carrying out acts of thuggery on the football field? We all know the answer.

So far he has said

"Morelos should be chopped up with a machete and sent to all corners of the globe"

He referred to us as "The Current Buns"

and he has just said "a great thing about closed doors football is no away fans, not needing to listen to that sectarian nonsense"

Shocking stuff.

Sometimes we jump the gun and want action for things we dont agree with. THIS IS NOT AN EXAMPLE.

100% police scotland. the media and our club need to take this further.

This is sectarianism, hatred, racist coming from an official SPFL club channel.

This makes Tom Boyds comments play school.

I await Police Scotlands response as they must act if reported.

Scum like Irvine and Hibs love a reaction. They have nothing else going for them and their club that all they have is spewing their bile about others.

The best way to get it right up them is just keep beating them and win 55. Then 56, 57, 58 and so on.

Rangers are back where they belong and they are all spitting blood.

Reactions: VGM
i’m assuming you don’t approve of this law?

But you’re kind of tempted to use it when someone says something you don’t like?

This, folks, is my point

I don't really approve of the SNP's law, I think we all know it won't be applied equally and impartially, it will probably only use it to protect some groups and not all groups. e.g. all the SNP supporters like Irvine Welsh who stir up hatred against rangers fans and the English probably won't get prosecuted.

I think a lot of you are missing the point!

"I dont get offended"
"Ignore it"

It's not about being offended it's about the double standards, if this was reversed and on RTV I fucking guarantee whomever said it would be hounded, charged and arrested, RTV would have the book thrown at them and the media would be full on Rangers sectarian etc.

Too many of you live by this bullshit "keep your powder dry" or "dignified silence cobblers"
It's done us nothing but harm and then those same soft twats whine about " why us"
This 100% . If it was an even playing field then I'm fine with it. Way I would like it actually all slag feck out of each other without the fake moral indignation. But it’s not. Its basically we want to say and do whatever we want to those hun bastards but play the offended card and take the moral highground if they so much as breathe the wrong way and have them punished for it.

As someone who has all his books and loved reading each and every one. I won’t miss an ounce of sleep if the cancel culture made him their next victim*.
*They won’t

IMHO your post makes absolute sense in the normal world.
But there is another perspective. There is no defence available to the abuse of these laws towards Rangers fans and simply taking the moral high ground and turning the other cheek is getting us nowhere.
It's a bit like not agreeing to the 5 sub rule so only using 3 whilst our opponents continue to use 5.
In the context of the rules of the game this bile is unlawful, it is also potentially an incite to violence by another.
The current world is polarised in the extremes and if you put the rant on Hives TV by a "celebrated" football casual who also disrespected those souls lost on Stairway 13 alongside the shit storm of media against Alfie this morning we should absolutely be fighting fire with fire.

15 minutes? The man's a phuckin genius. I'v read every book he's ever written and while he rips the absolute pish out of us his main characters are all Hibs supporting junkies and psychos.
To each his own is all I'd say then bud but your interpretation of "genius" is clearly very different from mine.

No time for the bitter bastard at all, nor his "work" which is just a collection of observances of rancid, loser, Leith junkies wallowing in their own self-pity and victimhood.
He's proved it often enough he has a deep loathing of Rangers and Rangers fans but at the same time loves to preach about intolerance.
In summary, a complete and utter wanker.

IMHO your post makes absolute sense in the normal world.
But there is another perspective. There is no defence available to the abuse of these laws towards Rangers fans and simply taking the moral high ground and turning the other cheek is getting us nowhere.
It's a bit like not agreeing to the 5 sub rule so only using 3 whilst our opponents continue to use 5.
In the context of the rules of the game this bile is unlawful, it is also potentially an incite to violence by another.
The current world is polarised in the extremes and if you put the rant on Hives TV by a "celebrated" football casual who also disrespected those souls lost on Stairway 13 alongside the shit storm of media against Alfie this morning we should absolutely be fighting fire with fire.

Can't find the post you quoted and responded to, the one where the guy seeks to sort of excuse the words as a joke. (Hopefully he's deleted it in embarrassment).
Aye, great joke, fucking hilarious.
Now, imagine for one second, if a guest on Rangers TV had said the same about Lennon or Thumb, or anybody else. Imagine the outrage, politicians right up to and including wee Jimmy Krankie would be sticking their nebs in making their outrage absolutely clear.
But, ach, it's just a Rangers player and they're fair game for anything. It's just a wee joke when referenced to one of our players.
What fucking chance have we got when supposed Rangers fans come out with such shit?

Tyldesley felt he had to make an apology to the scum for actually talking football scumbag welsh wants a player chopped to pieces and thats deemed ok he should be jailed for his comment if he said it

hobjo are you a hibbee?

I find it very strange how you think these words are acceptable.

Irvine Welsh is a total balloon. Hibs fans are another set of weirdo's with a one-way rivalry with us.

Imagine we had somebody on our official club channel stating that Neil Lennon should be chopped up with a machete.

How anyone can defends these words on here is remarkable to say the least. In all honesty they must have this vile hatred in them to do so.

"Morelos should be chopped up with a machete and sent to all corners of the globe" FFS Man its a football game. How can you defend this?

"The Current Buns" Another vile slur that should NEVER EVER be put across an official clubs broadcast.

"a great thing about closed doors football is no away fans, not needing to listen to that sectarian nonsense" Again, to suggest this just shows you the mentality and the sectarianism of such views.

The police. The club. Clubs 1872. The Media and MPs should be all over this.

That’s simply not acceptable, it’s not football.

Hibs should be fined for that. The guy was always going to come out with a load of nonsense and they knew that.

There will be some junkie Hibs fan sending a recording of Welsh ans the chopping Alfie with a machete

No way can Rangers allow this to go unpunished

Welsh is a scumbag and needs done for his comments

Hibs a should be cited by SFA

Also if proper evidence then OFCOM a an be contacted as it will 100% breach broadcasting rules for offensive content

This cannot be swept under the carpet but we need a recording
I'm with you 100% on this. Fed up with twats like that getting away with such comments

Back