Is 4-3-3 still the way forward?

You cant seriously be telling me folk would want Rangers to continue playing exactly the same way for the rest of the season, just hopefully find some form. Fingers crossed.

That is absolutely incredible i can only guess this stuff is coming straight from sky sports.
4-3-3 works if it’s a different variation to the stale formation/style we’ve played this season where we’ve been sussed out.

I’d be happy with some sort of 4-4-2 as well but I don’t see Gio using that as his main arrangement.

A 4-3-3 with an attacking midfielder through the middle, actual wingers and a striker who plays as a striker would be my preference.

Personally think our 4-3-3 formation is far to predictable at times, although its been mentioned GVB likes this formation, would you be happy seeing this change and if so what to?
I always liked 4-2-3-1, but with a total football twist under Gio could be interesting

A formation is just a formation. You can have multiple styles of play within a formation. I think thats going to be more important. From his first press conference it sounds like he has already identified we need to adapt our style against certain opposition, or even adapt different styles within a single match.

Who’s our 3rd CB? Simpson ?
Balogun - Goldson/Helander - Bassey

... and have 2 wingers run the wings/outside positions. Sakala and Roofe can play alongside a central striker, e.g. Morrlos or a target man like Itten. Hagi the playmaker, Jack the DM, Kent/Wright on the left.

Right now we have far to few attackers, real attackers in the danger area ... and hardly anyone to run into spaces. Kent`s and Aribo`s positions need to be more defined.

Personally think our 4-3-3 formation is far to predictable at times, although its been mentioned GVB likes this formation, would you be happy seeing this change and if so what to?
I don't mind it but under the previous management it got stale and very predictable.

Personally for me a successful 4-3-3 you need a dynamic forward line who can share the responsibility of creating and scoring goals that's required.

In midfield you need more runners and creativity to supply and support the frontline especially a bit of physicality.

Full backs can still do there attacking down the flanks and maybe a slightly higher defensive line especially domestically.

Obviously mixing things up and exploring new tactics can help matters.

Depending on GVB'S vision we will see changes to the team/squad over the next two transfer windows I reckon.

Back