Is Alfredo Morelos undroppable?

Is Alfredo Morelos for whatever reason… undroppable? And if so …why?

• Yes

Votes: 269 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 211 43.2%
  • Who?

Votes: 8 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No, I'd say Tav and Goldson are but Morelos is not, 12 goals for a main striker at Rangers in the league does not make him undroppable.

What’s the difference between a league goal and a cup goal when you’re measuring how long it’s been since scoring?
Or is it just another made up statistic using selective information to make a player look bad.
A bit like that Morelos, before Hamilton, hadn’t scored in 2020.

Not to mention he scored a perfectly good goal a few days ago

I don’t understand the question. Is it asking if we think he is or should unstoppable, or if he’s undroppable to Gerrard?

Either way the answer is no in both instances. Gerrard has dropped him before, and from a personal point of view no one should be above being dropped. That being said he’d have to do something spectacularly daft to get dropped now with Defoe being injured and Kamberi being nowhere near his level.

I'd say 29 goals and a team that totally collapses when he's not on the pitch pretty much makes him undroppable.

That 12 goals patter is embarrassing. At the same time he’ll run around quoting Defoe’s goal stats with zero acknowledgement of the fact his game time generally comes against all the weakest sides in the league and at home too, and if Alfie was starting those games he’d easily have padded out his stats and left everyone and Edouard in his wake.

Since when was a 1 in 2 ratio something to be scoffed at. Utterly clueless.

I don’t want to sound negative but if we drop points tomorrow and Alfie plays and fails to score,then the tide could turn.
Its ok saying what he’s done in past games but it’s still about the recent past and present.For the future it would be questionable.
A long time without scoring for a rangers striker in my opinion.
I hope he gets his shooting boots on again.

What’s the difference between a league goal and a cup goal when you’re measuring how long it’s been since scoring?
Or is it just another made up statistic using selective information to make a player look bad.
A bit like that Morelos, before Hamilton, hadn’t scored in 2020.
What’s made up about it? It’s a fact and I am going by the competition that is our priority rather than a Scottish cup 5th round tie.

He is however I do get annoyed by him diving, Killie game is a prime example of it. His goal tally so far is incredible however he needs to cut this out.
I agree the sooner he cuts that out of his game the better,even if it was legit, what's the chances of him being awarded one, he's too good for that rubbish,some of the times he could get a shot away,but as far as dropping him goes,there are others should go before him,Aribo is coming on to a game but it's no good in flashes,Hagi I think we need to bide our time with,Kent maybe trying too hard at times and we're a different team without Borna.

I agree the sooner he cuts that out of his game the better,even if it was legit, what's the chances of him being awarded one, he's too good for that rubbish,some of the times he could get a shot away,but as far as dropping him goes,there are others should go before him,Aribo is coming on to a game but it's no good in flashes,Hagi I think we need to bide our time with,Kent maybe trying too hard at times and we're a different team without Borna.
Yeah I know, Aribo just needs more confidence personally. Kent is just in poor form however the amount of times he cuts inside and no one is there for him to pass the ball to really isn’t his fault and he’s forced to give it to Tav.

Hagi isn’t being played centrally enough and is often being told to go wide which makes him not able to show his quality. Bearing in mind he’s only arrived.

He's not been at it since the break but seeing as we wouldn't have qualified for the Group section of the Europa and fighting it out with Motherwell and Aberdeen for 2nd place without him I think he's the only one I'll give a free pass to.

That 12 goals patter is embarrassing. At the same time he’ll run around quoting Defoe’s goal stats with zero acknowledgement of the fact his game time generally comes against all the weakest sides in the league and at home too, and if Alfie was starting those games he’d easily have padded out his stats and left everyone and Edouard in his wake.

Since when was a 1 in 2 ratio something to be scoffed at. Utterly clueless.
We all know you have a soft spot for Alfie to say the least. But this comment is totally nonsense.How the hell do you know Alfie would have taken those chances.

You could argue that he dropped Morelos last year when he finally returned from suspension. Defoe started 2 games and Morelos only started the final game vs Killie because he was aiming for 30 goals.

If he were to go 4/5 games without scoring then yes, maybe sometime on the sidelines.
Hopefully we’ll get the Alfie we all know back hitting the back of the net on a regular basis.

With the injury to Defoe, he’s undroppable and must play when fit. He’s been under a fair bit of pressure of late and it’s been showing in his play.

I'd say 29 goals and a team that totally collapses when he's not on the pitch pretty much makes him undroppable.
we wont win the league if our main striker can only score 12 goals in 25 games add to that the indiscipline which is not getting any better, his link up play and touch seems to be getting worse and he also looks like he's running through treacle.

With the injury to Defoe, he’s undroppable and must play when fit. He’s been under a fair bit of pressure of late and it’s been showing in his play.
His pressure off field should not come into it. He’s paid to put the ball in the net and get us 55

we wont win the league if our main striker can only score 12 goals in 25 games add to that the indiscipline which is not getting any better, his link up play and touch seems to be getting worse and he also looks like he's running through treacle.

He hasn't played 25 games

We all know you have a soft spot for Alfie to say the least. But this comment is totally nonsense.How the hell do you know Alfie would have taken those chances.

Because he was in the form of his life and logic and common sense says he’d do as much/if not more damage to weaker sides?

who's fault do you think that is?

Partially his, partially the referee's.

It's not the point, you've got him down as scoring 12 goals in 25 games which is misleading and trying to bend stats to suit your argument. Equally, I can say he's played 1300 minutes which is the equivalent of 14.5 games – so 12 goals is a very good return.

There's not a sane person on the planet that would start Defoe or Kamberi in front of Morelos in any game ever and that's because Morelos is lightyears ahead of both (as good as Defoe is).

We all go on about the mistreatment Morelos gets from everyone associated with Scottish football – it's easy to see opinions on here are also affected by his wee moody face as folk are quick to forget how good he is and what he's done this season.

29 goals by February and we've got people trying to bend stats to try and make him seem worse than he is. Get a life.

Partially his, partially the referee's.

It's not the point, you've got him down as scoring 12 goals in 25 games which is misleading and trying to bend stats to suit your argument. Equally, I can say he's played 1300 minutes which is the equivalent of 14.5 games – so 12 goals is a very good return.

There's not a sane person on the planet that would start Defoe or Kamberi in front of Morelos in any game ever and that's because Morelos is lightyears ahead of both (as good as Defoe is).

We will have to agree to disagree here I just don't share your faith in Morelos as a main striker at Rangers he just doesn't score enough league goals.

But for referees we'd all be singing his praises and adding millions to his value with each passing day.
And, we have no one to replace him with for now.
Undroppable.

Morelos is the best striker we've had at Rangers in decades.

That being said, his style of play leaves us very limited in terms of other options, we pretty much have to build the team around him.

If we reinvest the money we get for him wisely, we will be in a better position than we are with him

There should be an IQ test before being allowed a log in on here.

We've got @SmileyBear saying he's scored '12 goals in 25' games – never in my life have I seen games a player hasn't played in used in his goal tally.

I've just had a look. He's had 21 appearances; 8 of which were as a late sub (giving Defoe a chance for some games) and only 5 were for the full 90 mins.

But he's only scored 12 goals in 25 games apparently.

There should be an IQ test before being allowed a log in on here.

Smileybear would still be on Bebo.

About time you grew up a bit and learned to speak to Rangers supporters properly.

I can see why people who agree on the poll do not speak up as they get this childish abuse by the same group of trolls.

About time you grew up a bit and learned to speak to Rangers supporters properly.

I can see why people who agree on the poll do not speak up as they get this childish abuse of the same group of trolls.
"I'm a Rangers fan too" doesn't stop your opinions being terrible mate

No player is safe imo . I know we dont have cover and i adore Alfie. But the manager has to make these decisions. Imo if we had the cover Alfie need another spell on the bench.

I’d sooner have him on the pitch than Defoe or Kamberi. No player is in theory undroppable. Tav was allowed time to play through his loss of form and came good. I think you also have to factor in the off field pressure that’s been heaped on a young player since Christmas when we seemed to be genuinely in a position to be challenging.

A fit healthy & focused Alfredo would be undroppable. However I did post on the Killie match thread that he didn’t look right.

All things considered I reckon currently the best thing is to support him and let him play through this relatively poor patch.

Yes.

Because we've built a team so reliant on him. Not the way it should be in my opinion.

We've one set up and when Morelos or one of the full backs in Tavernier or Barišić are out, our system goes to shit and we've no other way of playing.

This is why I don't understand why we never addressed the full back areas in the summer. If Tavernier or Barišić are out they are replaced with the complete opposite - mainly Flanagan or Halliday. If Morelos is out Defoe comes in and watching us line up the same way as we would with Morelos whilst asking Defoe to play the same role is brutal.

We've issues in the summer. If Morelos goes it's going to be a tough ask replacing him. Although it may mean a change in set up which means others simply must step up to the plate and deliver.

If he stays - which I think he will as I don't see clubs paying the money we demand - then we are going to have to address certain positions in the team whilst adding genuine quality to the regular starting 11.

I don't care how off form Morelos ever could be. The managers stubbornness and lack of ability to change his ways, set up, game plan and formation means you would play Morelos over 37 year old Defoe or a Hibs back squad player.

Back