Is Gerrard too quick to get shot of certain players

Just checked. Ojo’s last meaningful contribution for me was on the 30.10.19 at Ross County when he beat a few guys and fired across for Morelos to tap in.
He might’ve set up one of Stewart’s against Hearts a few weeks later.
I make it 4 starts and 9 sub appearances since then.
His last goal was Feyenoord on 19.09.2019 and that was 22 appearances ago(11 starts)
His contribution has been pathetic.
You have to ask why Middleton can’t get a sniff after performing and contributing in the Europa last year as an 18 year old!

Because he sees them every day in training, sees their stats, gets reports on performance and probably watches videos of them playing while on loan.
Just because they weren’t in the team when we dropped points doesn’t mean we wouldn’t with them in the team.

Murphy hasn't been the same player post injury. McCrorie isn't at the same level as our current first choice players. Middleton faded last year.

Barjonas had a contract extended because he trained well, he's now on loan to get first team football. He's still young, 20, so still has time to earn his place.
We couldn't even manage to put a midfielder on the bench yesterday. He should have been recalled.

SG seems very stubborn in his opinion of players.
The persistence with Ojo and Worrall last season despite very poor performances, whilst others seem to have no room for error before being discarded
I can only presume that their loan deals have some kind of minimum performance figures built in.. why else is Ojo constantly in the match day squads when we have better players missing out.

I've watched mccrorie once this season when they played at Accy Stanley. Portsmouth led 1 0 and got beat 4 1 in the end. Mccrorie isn't the answer

Jones wasn't sold.
Loan to buy, to be fair he's as good as sold. If middlesbrough don't buy him he'll be sold elsewhere.

We can sit here and argue technicalities but one thing is for certain and is clear as day - Jones will never be a Rangers player again. For whatever reason Gerrard has against him, he's nowhere near his plans.

It's been a shambles Ejaria 28 matches, Ojo 20.

2m on Grezda, 2 matches in a row and about 4 sub apps adding up to probably 45 mins. Kent played in like 8 matches in a row when he came in.

Doc never given a chance even though he was equal to Aribo last season and in a worse team.

Murphy a goal scoring winger just papped out whilst we've not replaced Candeias yet.

3 players from Liverpool, spunked 7m on one of them and we're none the better.
Rarely have I read so much nonsense in one post.

We’ve seen Murphy Doc Middleton McCrorie more or less binned yet Gerrard will play several underperforming players on a weekly basis Then signs Barjonas on an extended contract when clearly Gerrard will never play the lad what is that all about
Murphy shoud have stayed ahead of Barker/Jones.

My biggest gripe with Gerrard is you have Aribo, Kent and now Kamara all needing dropped but he just keeps playing them. Even when they are contributing nothing. Stewart is far to underused. And other players like Goldson who is playing ok right now never that fear of been dropped.
yet others breath wrong and they are missing for months.

he gives his loan signings too much of a chance over players already here, he doesnt make subs quick enough and even when we do they rarely influence the game and the static formation doesnt help us imo

if he can tweak a few things it might improve things.

Bit of a mystery why Andy King let go so readily. Jack immediately gets injured and King always looked more than competent. We need players with experience of grinding out games / wins in this phase of the season.

He's plays Ojo and Barker over Stewart yet Stewart is more effective - idealism.

He gets rid of king, doc and Ross and doesn't replace them and left us with no mids on the bench - idealism

He signs Hastie sends him out on loan then recalled him. Same with Middleton.

No one is gonna tell me they'd rather have Barker in the squad than Middleton.

It's bizarre.
Only thing I agree with you about is Stewart. The rest sadly aren’t good enough to play in any Rangers team just yet.

Loan to buy, to be fair he's as good as sold. If middlesbrough don't buy him he'll be sold elsewhere.

We can sit here and argue technicalities but one thing is for certain and is clear as day - Jones will never be a Rangers player again. For whatever reason Gerrard has against him, he's nowhere near his plans.
He's still at rangers unless I missed something

Ojo needs sent back and we need to stop taking Liverpool youth players on loan. Only take experienced players on loan from now on please. If want to give youth a chance use our own!

My biggest gripe with Gerrard is you have Aribo, Kent and now Kamara all needing dropped but he just keeps playing them. Even when they are contributing nothing. Stewart is far to underused. And other players like Goldson who is playing ok right now never that fear of been dropped.
Goldson is our best centre half.

He done better than Ojo yet he's hooked and Ojo gets chance after chance. It's becoming a farce.

And you still get people claiming there is a player there, I've yet to see it. Tried 4 or 5 times to beat the first man with a cross yesterday in a short space of time. Worrying that Gerrard thinks this boy can make a difference off the bench.

Agree with Aribo, and Kamara could do with a spell on the sidelines. But dropping a £7m buy ain't going to happen I don't think.
For me Kent shows for it constantly, makes a few mistakes, but looks to get back on it. Defo more effective wide tho

To be fair Ojo has been more effective/ involved in games than Jones on recent showings.

Thats because Jones has been injured.

Literally anyone would have been more effective than Jones on that basis.

Ojo has one move and he can't even do that anymore. Time is up with him.

Gerrard is 'ruthless'.

Unless you have a contract at Liverpool. See how shite Ejaria and now Ojo have got away with playing.

The biggest problem for me is we signed a number of mediocre squad players in the summer. When we have a few players out the quality drops dramatically.

Gerrard does seem to have blind spots for certain players and maybe needs to do more to man manage and get the best out of others

The Murphy loan baffles me to be honest.

Right I get he's probably not the same player post injury, he'll have lost some movement, agility and pace etc, but there's no one in the world telling me he's still not a better option than Ojo and Barker.

He has his favourites, no doubt.

In what other world would Andy Firth be here? Flano similar. Polster too to be honest, the guy went on honeymoon for 2 weeks during the season. Then there’s Ojo. Even to the extent of squeezing Defoe and Davis in against Kilmarnock last January.

You compare that to the treatment of guys like Doc and Murphy. Even Katic to Worrall and Goldson.

We really don't know if he was told to get rid of some of the dead wood due to costs or if he wanted a smaller squad to work with

Break down every one I've said with proof I'm wrong then?

You won't, because you can't.
i’ll try, after deciphering it into coherent English to try and do so.

“2m on Grezda, 2 matches in a row and about 4 sub apps adding up to probably 45 mins. Kent played in like 8 matches in a row when he came in.”

Are you suggesting Grezda, who was injured and had a terrible attitude, should have been given more of a chance than Kent?

“Doc never given a chance even though he was equal to Aribo last season and in a worse team.”

Not sure what to make of this, are you comparing Docherty’s performances for Shrewsbury with Aribo’s at Charlton? Regardless, anyone with eyes and a brain can see that Aribo is a much better footballer.

“Murphy a goal scoring winger just papped out whilst we've not replaced Candeias yet.”

We don’t play with wingers.

“3 players from Liverpool, spunked 7m on one of them and we're none the better.”

Evidence suggests we are much better. Anyone that isn’t an over reactive panty pisser can see that.

Maybe I’ve misunderstood some of your points and got the wrong end of the stick, but that would be your fault.

IMO the one player he let go that we really could have done with and still haven't really replaced is candeias. I know he wanted promises of game time that Gerrard couldn't give hence him leaving but I just feel we should maybe have done more to try and hold onto him.

He’s really only had one serious failing and it’s this. It’s utterly scandalous that Ojo, barker and the rest of the pish have consistently played ahead of Stewart. Stewart scores goals, unlocks defences then gets dropped. Ojo can’t even fucking pass a ball two yards and plays every week.

it’s got really surreal now. He plays two number tens who don’t consistently offer a goal threat. He throws katic under the bus but never has a bad word against Ojo.

does 1 person, 1 fucking person in the whole Rangers support think Ojo or barker deserve game time before everyone else? Yet our management team do. It’s fucking nuts

When I see Ojo's name on the team sheet I shake my head in both disbelief and in the knowledge that we are as good as a man down. Take away his admittedly match winning goal against Feyenoord he has done little since August. But he is a loanee from Liverpool so SG cuts him a hell of amount of slack.

The lack of game time given to Stewart is bloody criminal. He has deliver in almost every game he has played but more annoying is the fact that after his good performances he disappears into oblivion rather than be rewarded with more game time, the complete opposite of Ojo.

Fair to say each manager has their favourites and it cannot be denied Ojo is definitely one of SG's. Now this would not be a serious problem when things going well, the support might groan and moan but ultimately as long as team winning any manager can deflect most of the criticism. However now that our SG train has been derailed, attention from fans and mhedia is going to be heightened, team selection is going to come under the microscope and the selection of Ojo, if even only as a sub, is going to be highlighted simply because of his ineffectiveness. (Just for clarification Ojo has is not the reason for our slump in form)

For the first time in his tenure SG is going to be under pressure and it is not undeserved. His Rangers side has gone from probably slight favourites for the title on 29 December to hanging on for their dear life's only 4 games later and as a result the Bears are getting restless (and will do as we always do, throw anyone and everyone under the bus).

Reactions: MCN
I don't want to bang on about it but I'd have Ross McCrorie back either playing in first team from the start or getn on from the bench.

We also require an attacking midfielder that has ball skills and a shot on him to help the striker.

It's getn tedius and frustrating watching us attacking a defence then turning back with a pass to our own defence.

I don't want to bang on about it but I'd have Ross McCrorie back either playing in first team from the start or getn on from the bench.

We also require an attacking midfielder that has ball skills and a shot on him to help the striker.

It's getn tedius and frustrating watching us attacking a defence then turning back with a pass to our own defence.
And you think McCrorie can shoot/pass/have skills?

The real problem is no plan B. Modern coaches far to often have tunnel vision on how they approach and play games.

Every team knows how we play and are becoming more effective against us. How often have we watched - Jack, Kammara and Davies play the ball wide opposed to having a dig or making a killer forwards pass.

Our midfield lacks a real goal threat.

Candieas another one he was quick to get rid of who was always a goal threat, more so than aribo, kent and ojo

Back