Is Michael Beale a tracksuit manager?

Smart or casual?

• Total voters
I’m surprised so many people aren’t arsed. I always think traditions like these are a huge part of the charm of a club like ours. Remember when McCoist did his wee interview with Sandy Jardine not long before he died and Ally mentioned during the interview how Sandy had insisted they both wear club suit and tie and do it “proper” because he liked to honour the club’s tradition; and that was just for a little sit down interview for the clubs social media.

I just like it, I think it’s great. Plus at the end of the day players (and particularly managers) look far smarter and more presentable when they’re suited and booted than they do in tracksuits. As someone else said, middle aged guys in tracksuits is never a great look. I just like the whole thing of a rangers manager looking smart and presentable. Winning trophies is the priority but I don’t see why it should make honouring the club’s traditions any less of a requirement.

His two immediate predecessors always turned out smart. Keep it going please.

Say what you want about them but those two looked great in the suit.

And of course my biggest hero ever also looked smart as feck in the suit

3966f847-16c1-4b45-b7ca-c53d005e5706.jpeg

Watching the Chelsea v Liverpool game.

One manager looks very smart and one looks like he is going to ask fur spare chinge. Says it all.

You turn up not looking the part it will cascade down to the staff underneath you that you don't care (consciously or unconsciously).

One manager looks very smart and one looks like he is going to ask fur spare chinge. Says it all.

You turn up not looking the part it will cascade down to the staff underneath you that you don't care (consciously or unconsciously).
It won’t as Klopp and Pocchetino’s careers prove.

It’s either shirt & tie or tieless jumpered, never combining the 3 as he did to everyone’s horror yesterday.

Problem is he’s got a huge belly which is shown up by tracksuits and he can’t just wear a shirt for the same reason.

Problems only a diet can fix.
Did you say the same about Gerrard or Gio when they wore a jumper with a shirt & tie? Looks like it's you with the issue and not our manager.

Could be.

I just see manager after manager not really wanting it but feeling forced to and doesn’t sit right with me. Hardly anyone wears a suit to work these days. The idea that sports people do is mental to me.
How about a compromise?
Adopt a professional look.
Dress smart.
Nobody objected to Walter’s cardigan but it was part of a smart, professional look.
Track suits are not smart.

I’m surprised so many people aren’t arsed. I always think traditions like these are a huge part of the charm of a club like ours. Remember when McCoist did his wee interview with Sandy Jardine not long before he died and Ally mentioned during the interview how Sandy had insisted they both wear club suit and tie and do it “proper” because he liked to honour the club’s tradition; and that was just for a little sit down interview for the clubs social media.

I just like it, I think it’s great. Plus at the end of the day players (and particularly managers) look far smarter and more presentable when they’re suited and booted than they do in tracksuits. As someone else said, middle aged guys in tracksuits is never a great look. I just like the whole thing of a rangers manager looking smart and presentable. Winning trophies is the priority but I don’t see why it should make honouring the club’s traditions any less of a requirement.
Back in the day when i used to go the stand to watch Rangers i always wore a suit just to watch them

Each to their own, Colin. Personally I like the smart nature of a suit and tie. Maybe it’s a generational thing.
It’s an image thing, a look, isn’t it.
I don’t want the manager of Rangers looking scruffy.
I don’t want the manager of Rangers looking like an ordinary Joe.

Pep Guardiola is calling …

I want them to finish the league on top and win cup competitions.

Nonsense like what they're wearing plays no part in that.
Always the most important thing but there are a number of traditions that are associated with the Rangers that I would like to see continued.
The manager’s dress code is one of these.

One managers won every trophy there is to win and the other hasn’t.

Back