Is The Season Over - Yes or No ?

BobbyShearer55-65

Obviously the Cups are gone.

Q1 : Is the League over (bar the formalities of fulfilling the remaining fixtures) - Yes or No ?

Q2 : Is the Europa League over (bar the formalities of fulfilling the remaining fixtures) - Yes or No ?

If the answer to both of those questions is Yes, that's a horrific indictment of our season, which will have ended in February.

If the answer to either of those questions is No, does anyone genuinely still believe that we will lift silverware this season ?

Q1 : Is the League over (bar the formalities of fulfilling the remaining fixtures) - Yes or No ?

Q2 : Is the Europa League over (bar the formalities of fulfilling the remaining fixtures) - Yes or No ?

If the answer to both of those questions is Yes, that's a horrific indictment of our season, which will have ended in February.

If the answer to either of those questions is No, does anyone genuinely still believe that we will lift silverware this season ?

1. No

2. What do you mean by over? Did you expect us to have a chance of winning?

Another ridiculous thread with simplistic viewpoints. League over by February, not yet, very difficult, but cant just base it on being so far behind them when we have improved on last year, but they have had an extraordinary (jammy, helped by officials) run of results and improved as well.

1. No

Another ridiculous thread with simplistic viewpoints. League over by February, not yet, very difficult, but cant just base it on being so far behind them when we have improved on last year, but they have had an extraordinary (jammy, helped by officials) run of results and improved as well.

Have you read some of the EL threads on here ?! There are people who still believe we are / were in with a chance of going all the way.

And it's not a ridiculous / simplistic thread. It's two straight questions with Yes or No answers. Either you believe it's all over or you don't.

Last edited:
Yes, realistically we will not win the Europa Cup each round is a bonus for us as fans and for the club financially.

We fucked the final, we fucked the league and went out the Scottish Cup without a wimper. We have been out fought by bottom of the league 3 times this season

Can't see us getting by Bayer. And 12 points is a bit ask, but it's no impossible.

I still think we could win the league, but we won't because we make to many stupid mistakes against diddy clubs. Failure to beat the filth at Ibrox will be the end of it. Every game is a must win. Every game.

We are still going for two trophies. We simply need to see where the results take us, so season is not over. I don't understand the thought process where we are playing European football in March yet some are saying our season is over by February.

Yes the league is over, even by some miracle we beat Celtic twice and they lose twice, we will still find a way to drop points to a lower team. The Europa league will be very difficult but on our day we are capable of getting through to the next round.

League is over.

We will probably be put our of the europa league v leverkusen although no shame in that. Europe has been a ray of light for us this year.

Here’s a counter question:

Do you see this group of players clawing back a 12 point lead and winning the title?

The league’s gone. Realistically we’re not winning the Europa League either, so yes, the season is over.

It’s over. The EL is about revenue, we might beat Leverkusen, there is a chance. But we will come up against an Inter, Man Utd or the like and they will prove to be too much. We need to finish yeh season well as there’s little pressure on us now and plan for next season. Without wholesale changes IMO. Maybe between now and then the management team can show us that they’ve actually learned from past mistakes!

Leagues gone .

hearts have won 3 league games since the start of the season .

anything we get in Europe is a bonus , but after yesterday and SGs interview any further progression in Europe seems fanciful .

0/6 in domestic competitions is dreadful . SG has been manager for one of celtics trebles and his team have gift wrapped another to a Celtic team managed by Neil fu.cking Lennon .

£10 million spent on players this year and very little to show for it . Reality is he should be gone , but the past two euro runs might save him if he wants to stay .

I genuinely dont know where the club goes from here .

It’s over. The league is gone and we would need more than one miracle to make the final with the team we have.

We won’t win the league it’s fantasy football to think we can. Leverkusen is a step too far from what I’ve seen of them on BT Sports.

No. It’s not over.

Probably is but you can’t give up hope. Even if the players appear to.

You never know, we might scrape past Accies on Wednesday and they could drop points at Livi. Probably not but these things can happen.

Yes our domestic season s over, Europa is a bonus and would swap it for a better league points position tomorrow

Well and truly done.

If we keep it single digit behind Celtic in the league that would be an achievement right now.

Leverkusen will most likely horse us. They are exceptional

SoTh0ne.gif

:mad:

Here’s a counter question:

Do you see this group of players clawing back a 12 point lead and winning the title?

The league’s gone. Realistically we’re not winning the Europa League either, so yes, the season is over.
Not a chance. I think we will claw back some of the deficit, and they will still drop more points - but it will all be moot, because we will still drop more points.

Realistically domestically, yes the season is over, we'll not catch the scum with the performances we have witnessed since the winters break.

In Europe, god knows what is happening there, we certainly look like a team better equipped to that style of play.

At the end of the day though, Scottish football is where it counts at the moment and from that perspective we are being let down by so many.

Badly let down.

We arent winning the league. Its not mathematically over but there is not a hope in hell we are catching them so the remaining fixtures is a case of going through the motions.

Europe certainly isn't over. Despite the domestic shambles I think we have maybe a 30% chance of beating Leverkusen. All to play for in Europe.

Nah, the season’s f*cked and it’s going to be a long haul from here on in as we speculate about the future of the Manager, of the players, the new Chairman, the ongoing Court battles with SDI and Elite/Hummel, new investment (or lack of), the season ticket rise and the increased prices for RangersTV. All whilst the f*cking Dhims are laughing in our faces and waving trophies about.:mad:

I‘d rather skip forward to 1 July right now to be honest,

We are still going for two trophies. We simply need to see where the results take us, so season is not over. I don't understand the thought process where we are playing European football in March yet some are saying our season is over by February.

Get what you're saying mate - but the question is pretty much : Are we simply making up the numbers or are people still genuinely expecting to see silverware arrive ?

No and no.

the main problem we have is that with every poor performance and embarrassing defeat, it galvanises the bheasts, it strengthens them. I don’t buy into the shite that they only concentrate on themselves, not a chance. Their fans certainly don’t. Their fans spent their Saturday night talking about rangers.
But that’s the way they are. Bheggars, each and every last one of them.

we need to start playing like it’s OUR cup final every week, like it’s the last match they’ll ever play. Every single week.
One more poor performance might test the managers patience but i stand by him.

I'll give him another chance next season on stopping their ten
We don't have a replacement and we can't afford to have another reshuffle. We need stability. Gerrard has a winning formula that we seen right up to the 29th of December. We just need to keep it up.

Seasons over. There’s no way he’s managing to motivate the players back from this.

NO and will never concede the league until it mathematically impossible for us not to win it.
NO anything can happen over 2 legs, the Braga tie taught us that.

Yes, the league is over. It's been over for about a month.

I have no idea what OP was expecting in Europe. We have done better than expected. We may go on to the next round which would be great.

Lets remember that we were cheated out of a cup and that would be putting a whole different spin on the situation.

Yes and yes.
Can anyone think of one even half decent performance domestically since the turn of the year? Europe has been different, but all it does is give us false hope which is usually blown in the very next game. Every time we have had a chance to put pressure on that mhob we blow it, this is a team of bottlers we have. Season is done.

League gone.

I thought we'd win the Scottish Cup. Thought we would have smashed Hearts yesterday.

Got a chance against Bayer based on the Braga away performance. If we play like we do in domestic games we'll get hammered.

An other treble for Celtic who are re-writng the history books.

After playing in the lower leagues I didn't think things would get any worse for us. It has.

1. No

Take cheating refs out ,still blew league and cups to cannon foder teams that should be pumped 3-0 4-0 most weeks, devastated.

The league now has to be about getting as many points as possible, aiming for 87 which is what they won the league with last season. If we can get 87-90 points then at least it will hopefully instill in the players they are capable of getting a total that would have won it in previous years.

Considering the Europa league is a tie that hasn't even been played yet, it's far from over. We are underdogs of course, but it's anything but a fixture formality.

I believe the league is over on current form, we are unable to string passes together with any real purpose, we are toothless in attack and the dodgy decisions from refs will only be to the detriment of us and the benefit of them. I can’t see them losing a game from now until the end of the season the same as I cannot see is winning without a ridiculous struggle. I also feel like since the Stranraer game as ridiculous as it sounds they found us out and deployed tactics that virtually nullified our attack and if they had better players to finish of there chances we would have lost that game.
Since then every other team in the SPFL has deployed similar tactics and the management team have failed to recognise the need to change the formation to deal with it, as for the players most are all too powderpuff to win any 50-50 balls or win a head tennis that are so often deployed against us to stop us getting it down on the deck and being able to play and even when we get it down on the deck the confidence to play our own game isn’t there any more.
Europa has been at least a positive albeit we have struggled as well but somehow get the results but I feel like Bayer Leverkusen could be a bridge too far, it almost feels to me that SG has put all his eggs in one basket and if that is the case it is simply unacceptable, we all like Euro run but I for one will not accept it at the expense of winning League matches and having opportunities to win cups and stop there domestic dominance because frankly I am fed up of watching the same sh*t different match with the team and this current ‘dip’ in form it is now getting to the point were I feel like watching them domestically is pointless because I can’t see us winning games we should.

I would assume that at the start of the season SG was set a goal to win a trophy this season, for me that goal is now not going to happen. However I would stick with SG but bring in an experienced ex manager onto his support team.

Definitely over, no way are those players clawing back the deficit domestically!

Of cpurse it is

Back