Is The Season Over - Yes or No ?

It is 2 different teams that turn up in the league and Europa. One is spineless, gutless and cant string 2 passes together. The other has belief, confidence and talent - the players have the ability, unfortunately lack the mental strength to succeed domestically

League is definitely over. We will probably narrow the gap as They can afford to take their foot off the pedal in the run in (they will probably play a youth team the game before the Cup they will most likely be in for example) and our wimps will suddenly find a set of balls when the pressure is off like they did last season.

But even in the slim chance we were to go on some amazing run would you really back this team in a crunch game when the pressure is on to get it over the line? No chance.

Europe-wise, I wouldn’t be surprised if we put up a really good fight against Leverkusen but fall short.

we have overachieved in Europe and might have a chance against BL
we have underachieved domestically, our bread & butter.
manager will be gone post BL/end of season.
Start for a new manager should be under way now.

Wonder how many thought we'd reach the uefa cup final .... but we did.
Wonder how many thought with a few games left that we'd overturn a point difference ..... but helicopter Sunday happened.

We're still in with a chance of the league until it's impossible. We've also got a good European counter attack setup so who knows, we might go out this round or we could get a win and progress. We play better against teams that try and attack us.

It is unlikely that we'll win either but I'll be disappointed if we don't give them both a good go.

It was finnished when these players fcked off to Dubai thinking they were champions elect,I fear what Leverkusen will do to this team this could be one of the most embarrassing results in our history

Last week done it, but I suspect for Gerrard the game against Kilmarnock was a huge reality check on this team's ability and lack of. It's five weeks ago since we played Hearts in the league; it has been a shambles from then on in.

Has the league ever been won by a team 10 or more points behind with 10/11 games left to play.

Has the league ever been won on the last day of the season.

I'm usually a half full kind of supporter but right now am feeling gutted. Even the most of optimistic would struggle to see us catching them in the league or progressing against Bayer. We sone well get to the last 16 so that's a bonus I suppose. Devastated by the last 6 weeks tbh. Almost as painful as our start up through the leagues again. So close....

yes

does anyone expect we'll beat leverkusen over 2 legs?

and does anyone think we have the fitness attitude and application to play europe scum europe and come out with success?

Domestic season is over we could end the season right now, it ended on Feb 29th. The Europa Cup is alive for now however based on the draw progress looks unlikely & that will be over on March 19th.

Season is over Scottish cup was the last chance to win something and the performance was abysmal. Can’t see the league performances improving with nothing to play for

Obviously the Cups are gone.

Q1 : Is the League over (bar the formalities of fulfilling the remaining fixtures) - Yes or No ?

Q2 : Is the Europa League over (bar the formalities of fulfilling the remaining fixtures) - Yes or No ?

If the answer to both of those questions is Yes, that's a horrific indictment of our season, which will have ended in February.

If the answer to either of those questions is No, does anyone genuinely still believe that we will lift silverware this season ?
Yes to number 1.

No idea how anyone can answer yes to number 2. We’re still in so by definition the answer is no.

Q1 : Is the League over (bar the formalities of fulfilling the remaining fixtures) - Yes or No ?

Q2 : Is the Europa League over (bar the formalities of fulfilling the remaining fixtures) - Yes or No ?

If the answer to both of those questions is Yes, that's a horrific indictment of our season, which will have ended in February.

If the answer to either of those questions is No, does anyone genuinely still believe that we will lift silverware this season ?

The answers to both of these are pretty obvious. We seem to be seeing the same threads on here every day.
Not a chance will we win the league and there is absolutely no chance we will win the Europa.

4 huge games...at the very least to get some pride back coming up.
2 in Europe and 2 games against the beggars.
The players owe the fans big time

League isn’t over. Though realistically the team that played last night would struggle to find 3 points let alone 12. Stranger things have happened I think...

EL we can be proud of what we have achieved and the Leverkusen game is a free shot. They are far superior in terms of squad. One plus is the chap Volland is out.

Of course it is, trophyless again, wheels have come off spectacularly again and we are well into bonus territory in Europe already.

No, how can we say the season is over?
We still have 2 games against that lot (Wednesday proves we are good enough to win them) and a game in hand.
I dont think we will win the league but we must believe we still can.
Europa league win is highly unlikely of course but anything can happen.
No surrender eh.

100% absolutely yes on both accounts.

The only way this season is rescued, is by winning the Europa League, which quite frankly, I don’t think anybody sane of mind would be betting their house on happening.

Yes and Yes

We self fùcked our league chances and I fear we won't get any further in Europe.

We are too inconsistent and need to be tactically more aware. I have hopes for next season but it all depends on summer recruitment.

No and No.

very important for next season that we collect as many points as possible - certainly we need to get more than the 78 from last year.

Have you read some of the EL threads on here ?! There are people who still believe we are / were in with a chance of going all the way.

And it's not a ridiculous / simplistic thread. It's two straight questions with Yes or No answers. Either you believe it's all over or you don't.
Can we cause an upset by beating Leverkusen over 2 legs - or do you just accept that there is no point in playing the game, because you are of the opinion that Leverkusen will run us out of town.

Can we cause an upset by beating Leverkusen over 2 legs - or do you just accept that there is no point in playing the game, because you are of the opinion that Leverkusen will run us out of town.

I think we've been tremendous so far and I reckon we'll give them a game of it. Ultimately, I think we'll be beaten over the two legs, but I think we'll give a good account of ourselves.

Of course it's over. They could lose 4 games and in that were beat then twice but we will get gubbed by others. We don't have it for this league. It was over when we got beat with hearts in the league. Yesterday is who these players are. They just don't have the heart or mentality to win. They are second best and can't win

The season will end later in March when we get knocked out by Bayer Leverkusen.
Even two wins against Bheast FC is not going to change the outcome of the season.

Aye it’s dome

Overall, I believe the season is over. I can’t see us winning Europe. I’d say the best we can hope for is to see drastic domestic improvements in performance and some versatility in our shape. A change in shape and set up being my priority one. As with the league the way it is now, there is no element of title race and the mentality of the players has already spoken for itself when the heat was on.

Aye it's done and anyone saying any different clearly have some form of blind faith in the players/management team.

There is no evidence to support we have it in us to claw this back and EVEN if we did we have a mountain of evidence to show/prove that the players arses would collapse the second they had a genuine chance of putting pressure on them.

You can have all the ability in the world and this European run proves we have plenty of it but we are so mentally weak domestically that big chances are required.

Whether it's the players, manager or both, that remains to be seen.

I would give SG and Ross Wilson a full summer to get this right.

Apart from the two filth games the rest are dead rubbers.

Leverkusen games gives us a break from our domestic woes

Of course it's over.

If the players don't have the will and belief to fight for domestic honours, how on earth can we be expected to believe we'll make up the deficit?

I'm genuinely more concerned about finishing closer to 3rd than 1st. I reckon we'll end up around 15 behind them.

Europe is a free hit, and it shows in the players' attitude in these games.

Back