It’s crucial we win on Saturday or worst case draw…

RS1872WATP

Going 5 points behind even with plenty of games to rectify it is unthinkable on Saturday IMO, especially with games at Pittodrie and Tynecastle looming too and the fact teams are throwing the towel in against them which Dundee United did on Sunday. A draw wouldn’t be a disaster on Saturday which would keep it at 2 points.

However, I think winning would give us a massive psychological boost going forward and it’s a chance we must take and I fancy us to do so, even if it’s at their ground. Especially when you consider Celtic have had the luxury of playing once a week mostly since February after getting beat off the mighty Bodo/Glimt, that’s until this midweek which they finally start playing twice a week consistently again starting at Dingwall tomorrow. The intensity they play at will be way less effective playing twice a week. If we go top on Saturday, I really think we’d be gavanised even more and would fancy us for the title although not a certainty. We shall see!

Nope, we still have 3 OF's after this one. Not a disaster. However, we absolutely should be taking at least something from that midden
I can see where you’re coming from but giving the sad state of Scottish football just now, I think it would be. Their run after the OF game is very good until they go to Tynecastle in October.

Lose on Saturday it puts us under huge pressure for the next few months. However...I never really get too carried away when we win the first OF game because, in truth, the other lot only have to win the next one to negate that advantage. Any advantage gained in OF games is best judged after two, then four, matches IMHO.

Always best to come out of the first Away fixture with the advantage though - even a draw gives a psychological edge.

I actually think we’ll win. Going 5 behind wouldn’t be good though mate, even if it’s early.
The sames one ridiculing the thread will be up in arms if we get beat on Saturday.

I agree though. There's no positive to be that far behind them that early on. The smart money would be on them only increasing the gap.

2 wins and a draw against them this season hopefully.

Would take the draw but think we'll win.
I
Lose on Saturday it puts us under huge pressure for the next few months. However....I never really get too carried away when we win the first OF game because, in truth, the other lot only have to win the next one to negate that advantage. Any advantage gained in OF games is best judged after two, then four, matches IMHO.

Always best to come out of the first Away fixture with the advantage though - even a draw gives a psychological edge.
Fair assessment mate

We need a draw yeah. Don't buy that we need to win. It was the games against them that will decide the league.
I would accept a draw, it wouldn’t be the end of the world. But I think a win is very ideal psychologically. Especially with that lot now joining the hectic schedule which no doubt they’ll start tiring and be out on their feet the more they play.

I’d take a draw just now tbh. If we lose on Saturday and go five points behind then it puts us under pressure already especially with our next two away games being Pittodrie and Tynecastle. Could be a long way back before the World Cup starts.
That’s my thinking mate about us losing. It really isn’t ideal going 5 behind with those games looming, especially when you look at their run until they go to Hearts in October, it’s very easy for them. Cannon fodder. A draw worst case on Saturday and best case, win which lays down a marker.

I would accept a draw, it wouldn’t be the end of the world. But I think a win is very ideal psychologically. Especially with that lot now joining the hectic schedule which no doubt they’ll start tiring and be out on their feet the more they play.
Folk have been saying this since Christmas and they’ve not lost a league game since October 2021.

Folk have been saying this since Christmas and they’ve not lost a league game since October 2021.
Just remember they got a break moved which they were 100% dead on their feet and have been playing once a week mostly since February.

The sames one ridiculing the thread will be up in arms if we get beat on Saturday.

I agree though. There's no positive to be that far behind them that early on. The smart money would be on them only increasing the gap.
Surrender Monkey on the loose!

Deary me…..”the smart money”….better get that white flag looked out.

Should look at their fixtures after this game. Cannon fodder until they go to Hearts in October.

They will drop points soon enough I've no doubt about that

But we really need to there and look to win on Saturday ,toe to toe stuff, we will score goals if we are positive

3-2 Rangers for me .

Going 5 points behind even with plenty of games to rectify it is unthinkable on Saturday IMO, especially with games at Pittodrie and Tynecastle looming too and the fact teams are throwing the towel in against them which Dundee United did on Sunday. A draw wouldn’t be a disaster on Saturday which would keep it at 2 points.

However, I think winning would give us a massive psychological boost going forward and it’s a chance we must take and I fancy us to do so, even if it’s at their ground. Especially when you consider Celtic have had the luxury of playing once a week mostly since February after getting beat off the mighty Bodo/Glimt, that’s until this midweek which they finally start playing twice a week consistently again starting at Dingwall tomorrow. The intensity they play at will be way less effective playing twice a week. If we go top on Saturday, I really think we’d be gavanised even more and would fancy us for the title although not a certainty. We shall see!
Uch give it a rest. Those orcs still have to come to Ibrox twice no matter what happens. Nothing is won in September.

It's also crucial to Celtic that they take something from the game. It's their home fixture and the pressure is all on them to take something from it.

There’s a thread like this before every single Old Firm game.

It’ll be the first weekend in September, long way to go regardless of what happens.
apart from when the "random computer" makes it in October because they think they might be able to get some crowds in to a game at paedo park

I'd be annoyed at losing if we did but I'd be even more annoyed if we don't go for them and sit back. They are for the taking if we play the way we can

They will drop points soon enough I've no doubt about that

But we really need to there and look to win on Saturday ,toe to toe stuff, we will score goals if we are positive

3-2 Rangers for me .
The only points I see them dropping is drawing games when they play twice a week more because no way their intense play will be as effective twice a week consistently the way it has to start off the season. No team in Scotland other than Rangers is beating them though and tbh I think it’s vice versa. We seem more prone to sloppy draws although the one draw this season we can 100% point the finger at Willie Collum.

It's also crucial to Celtic that they take something from the game. It's their home fixture and the pressure is all on them to take something from it.
Oh no doubt about it it’s crucial for them to not lose. Especially when they’ve had the luxury till now of playing once a week!

Uch give it a rest. Those orcs still have to come to Ibrox twice no matter what happens. Nothing is won in September.
The orcs also have complete and utter cannon fodder being served up to them until they head to Tynecastle in October after this game while we have very difficult games to negotiate which are winnable but we seem prone to the odd draw over the years more than them.

That score line at the weekend was very misleading three of thier goals were offside yet walker was gushing over them knowing they were miles off strange indeed they will not get an easier game the rest of thier careers,Utd we’re absolutely atrocious all over the park,they will not get that up in Dingwall tomorrow night or Saturday

Jesus Christ.

We're still in bloody August. Keep yer fucking knickers on everybody.
Even in September, it’s never ideal going 5 behind. Especially with the games they have afterwards. Cannon fodder being served up to them man.
That score line at the weekend was very misleading three of thier goals were offside yet walker was gushing over them knowing they were miles off strange indeed they will not get an easier game the rest of thier careers,Utd we’re absolutely atrocious all over the park,they will not get that up in Dingwall tomorrow night or Saturday
3 of their goals being offside gives me the fear something dodgy will happen in their favour on Saturday.

Agree, I do not think we can afford to lose it.

Regardless of how early in the season it is.
I wouldn’t say title over but god it just ain’t ideal going further behind, even if they’ve got two games a week coming up. More pressure on them with two games a week is more ideal.

Back