It’s crucial we win on Saturday or worst case draw…

I expect Gio, his team and the players to do everything to avoid repeating the performance in first OF at that dump last season.

A repeat of that will be the only thing I’ll concerned about at full time.

The only points I see them dropping is drawing games when they play twice a week more because no way their intense play will be as effective twice a week consistently the way it has to start off the season. No team in Scotland other than Rangers is beating them though and tbh I think it’s vice versa. We seem more prone to sloppy draws although the one draw this season we can 100% point the finger at Willie Collum.
Agree with the two games a week scenario mate ,I honestly don't see Them not dropping points on the road at your tynecastles and Easter roads at some point .
But as has been the case since day one ,best Them 3 out 4 old firm games and we will win the league

I’d take a draw just now tbh. If we lose on Saturday and go five points behind then it puts us under pressure already especially with our next two away games being Pittodrie and Tynecastle. Could be a long way back before the World Cup starts.
Yea, indeed mate. We could do with a win.

Fully expect us to win 0-3 on Saturday. We’ve beaten far better sides in Europe in far better stadiums.
Glad nobody is getting carried away.

How often have either side won away in this fixture by 3 goals? Can only recall that Pedro farce in recent times.

A scrappy 1 goal victory would do me.

Glad nobody is getting carried away.

How often have either side won away in this fixture by 3 goals? Can only recall that Pedro farce in recent times.

A scrappy 1 goal victory would do me.

Well last February for a start.

But I take your point. They’re usually invariably close these days

If anyones paid any attention to anything in recent years, them dropping points is almost as rare as a solar eclipse.

Therefore, the OF games are indeed vitally important.

55 season getting the 2-0 win at Parkhead really set the tone for the rest of the campaign.

Being 2 points behind already, with the way things are with referees and such, it leads me to think that indeed being 5 behind would be unthinkable, even at this early point of the season.

We're going to need 2 draws and 2 wins minimum from the OF games IMHO.

They are getting put in their place, which in Scott McDonald land will make us a favourite to win the CL.

Most non Rangers fans(and probably some of our own) reckon Celtic will pump us on Saturday. We've already played better teams than them this season and emerged victorious and they haven't had a challenge yet.

That’s certainly the perception.

Some English spurs supporting colleagues were saying to me Celtic was the hardest Pot 4 team in the CL draw.

I laughed so hard I had kenco coming out of my nostrils

That’s actually a fair point.

All we have to do is hang in there and within a win of them till they come to Ibrox in January.

The concern is we always look more like dropping points elsewhere than they do. But if we don’t lose any further ground till the old firm game at our stadium we give ourselves a great chance

Its not a must win but if we win it shuts that lot up , they think they are world beaters , a win away against them is a big confidence boost to us

Nothing is won or lost on Saturday. We must remember that. All that Saturday means is bragging rights. If they don’t pump us and I think they will not, they will come away pretty deflated.

They will be believing the hype about how good they are. Confidence is a fickle thing.

Fully expect us to win 0-3 on Saturday. We’ve beaten far better sides in Europe in far better stadiums.
Stuff like this helps explain why the forum and Rangers social media pages are such a fucking mess after we draw or lose games.

Going 5 points behind even with plenty of games to rectify it is unthinkable on Saturday IMO, especially with games at Pittodrie and Tynecastle looming too and the fact teams are throwing the towel in against them which Dundee United did on Sunday. A draw wouldn’t be a disaster on Saturday which would keep it at 2 points.

However, I think winning would give us a massive psychological boost going forward and it’s a chance we must take and I fancy us to do so, even if it’s at their ground. Especially when you consider Celtic have had the luxury of playing once a week mostly since February after getting beat off the mighty Bodo/Glimt, that’s until this midweek which they finally start playing twice a week consistently again starting at Dingwall tomorrow. The intensity they play at will be way less effective playing twice a week. If we go top on Saturday, I really think we’d be gavanised even more and would fancy us for the title although not a certainty. We shall see!
No its not

I fancy us to win. Thought the same against Eindhoven also despite the gloom pre match on here.
Silence their crowd with a goal and it could go on to be an interesting afternoon.
Bring it on.

Same team that haven’t won a a knockout tie post Christmas since 2004. What a laugh that is.

Clearly Shakhtar have the situation in Ukraine affecting them but I don’t understand why they’re the biggest outsiders in the betting in that group.

I would be surprised if they didn’t get 4 points off Celtic, probably 6.

I think Celtic’s home game v Shakhtar is their only realistic hope of getting a point.

I fancy us to win. Thought the same against Eindhoven also despite the gloom pre match on here.
Silence their crowd with a goal and it could go on to be an interesting afternoon.
Bring it on.
I fancy us to win too. I think actually having competitive games in Europe especially while Celtic have played no one with any quality once a week benefits us. Their defence will be tested this week which it’s a poor backline that are easily unsettled by pressing.

I fancy us to win too. I think actually having competitive games in Europe especially while Celtic have played no one with any quality once a week benefits us. Their defence will be tested this week which it’s a poor backline that are easily unsettled by pressing.
That's my thoughts too, I can't wait

Should we lose it is not the end of the world. Can't remember any league in the world being won in the first week of September.
Sure a lot of toys would be thrown out a lot of prams.
Not this one though.

defo need to avoid defeat, a bit worried about Aberdeen away the following week and all, the next two league games are massive

I feel that when we beat them this Saturday and they take a loss in the champions league opener the conversation will change to them only beating diddy teams which will leave the potato people reeling

Should we lose it is not the end of the world. Can't remember any league in the world being won in the first week of September.
Sure a lot of toys would be thrown out a lot of prams.
Not this one though.
Btw, all I said was it ain’t ideal but I wouldn’t chuck the towel completely unless it got to something like 10 points. It’s just because of how they handle the rest of the sides it’s not ideal. I believe we could go on a run but at the same time, I believe we can be prone to a sloppy draw. Look at how they’re handling the dross. Show them no respect in the slightest. We seem to away from home meanwhile at Ibrox treat them for the utter cannon fodder these sides truly are. Want Gio to let this side off a leash more on the road, we have great quality going forward.

I feel that when we beat them this Saturday and they take a loss in the champions league opener the conversation will change to them only beating diddy teams which will leave the potato people reeling
I think if they lose to us and take a complete doing off Real Madrid it could harm their confidence.

I'm another one who doesn't see the negativity against a team who haven't been tested. I don't see us losing this game or the league no matter what happens at the weekend either. Probably as confident as I have been for an away game v them. A flush that hasn't been busted yet.

They've not been tested at all this season, and after Europe we are more than match ready.

Will be interesting to see how they go with their constant pressure when they don't have the ball all the time.

We could really suck them in cause them a lot of trouble, as long as the scars of the last game don't return.

Their momentum needs checked. A draw would do that, in part.

With Aberdeen + Hearts (both away) coming up quickly as well, we can't afford to lose.

Back