It’s crucial we win on Saturday or worst case draw…

Would take a draw right now if offered, however quietly confident.
Think they'll fly at us, if we can keep our composure and play the way we can (especially when we're underdogs) think Dortmund, Leipzig, PSV and even USG at Ibrox where we weren't necessarily underdogs but had doubters, then I think we could do it.

I want the battle and blood and thunder we showed in the Cup semi on Saturday.

No holding back and see how they like Lunny and Lawrence flying into challenges and closing them down.

But as has been said already, there is no such thing as a crucial league game in September in the context of the Championship.

Should’ve known better but watched Open Goal preview of the scum game. Simon Ferry, Scott Allan and McFadden have all said this is the greatest scum team they can remember. If we can get a win on Saturday it will certainly be bursting a few bubbles.

If anyones paid any attention to anything in recent years, them dropping points is almost as rare as a solar eclipse.

Therefore, the OF games are indeed vitally important.

55 season getting the 2-0 win at Parkhead really set the tone for the rest of the campaign.

Being 2 points behind already, with the way things are with referees and such, it leads me to think that indeed being 5 behind would be unthinkable, even at this early point of the season.

We're going to need 2 draws and 2 wins minimum from the OF games IMHO.
Hit the nail on the head.

I honestly don’t thinks it’s crazy to say that if we loose on Saturday we will loose the league. They tramps won’t drop much points tbh

We will win, the league game afterwards is when we need to cement our superiority. A double away to them and the sheep shuts everyone up.

They'll play a second string team in midweek just like us, don't think these cup games will have any bearing on Saturday.

Going 5 points behind even with plenty of games to rectify it is unthinkable on Saturday IMO, especially with games at Pittodrie and Tynecastle looming too and the fact teams are throwing the towel in against them which Dundee United did on Sunday. A draw wouldn’t be a disaster on Saturday which would keep it at 2 points.

However, I think winning would give us a massive psychological boost going forward and it’s a chance we must take and I fancy us to do so, even if it’s at their ground. Especially when you consider Celtic have had the luxury of playing once a week mostly since February after getting beat off the mighty Bodo/Glimt, that’s until this midweek which they finally start playing twice a week consistently again starting at Dingwall tomorrow. The intensity they play at will be way less effective playing twice a week. If we go top on Saturday, I really think we’d be gavanised even more and would fancy us for the title although not a certainty. We shall see!
They could open a significant gap, I want to see major improvements in our team selection and tactics for this one compared to our previous two visits to that place.
Even this early momentum is everything.

We’re under the cosh first 30 mins. They score first. Then shite the bed when we equalise just before HT with a “Tavpen” as they call it …………would be even better if it actually wasnt a pen on replay later. Q the VAR meltdown from the filth and Michael stewart. Hit them on the break twice 2nd half. 1-3 to Rangers. They are convinced, as are their deluded support that they are world beaters.

We’ll sort you bangers out shortly and let you know whos boss.

Lose on Saturday and its obviously not over but how many of us honestly think we'd go on to win the league?

Support and bravado are one thing but calling people surrender monkeys and cowards etc doesn't mask reality.

As it stands we'll need to take at least 7 points from them to have a chance of the title.

Glad nobody is getting carried away.

How often have either side won away in this fixture by 3 goals? Can only recall that Pedro farce in recent times.

A scrappy 1 goal victory would do me.

Indeed. I had to reign it back from 0-4.

In all seriousness, we’ll win it.

Hit the nail on the head.

I honestly don’t thinks it’s crazy to say that if we loose on Saturday we will loose the league. They tramps won’t drop much points tbh
They do have to play some pretty competitive teams this year in the CL, as do we, so they will be much more exposed to injuries etc than they were last year. Fatigue and burn out at that level with the extra games is also a factor. That will all play out in the course of time, but its more of a level playing field this season given they were garbage and we went to a final.

They do have to play some pretty competitive teams this year in the CL, as do we, so they will be much more exposed to injuries etc than they were last year. Fatigue and burn out at that level with the extra games is also a factor. That will all play out in the course of time, but its more of a level playing field this season given they were garbage and we went to a final.
Didn’t even think of the European football they have to play actually, bit naive of me but I guess since they have done the square root of eff all in Europe I forgot to add that factor in!

Willie column has set this up for them , getting column, Robertson twice and the serial cheat Clancy in the opening games is no coincidence

The timing of our tougher away fixtures sandwiched in between champions league / European games is also not random

The sooner some fans wake up and realise they’ve infiltrated Scottish football full of their people the better

Timing of fixtures is everything, and before someone says but they played them all away first last season , yes the did but not one after another and certainly not sandwiched in between European games

Scottish football stinks and has done for years ….

There’s a big shitty stick and we always are holding the dirty end of it

Under a new manager in Stevie G with a new team the “random “computer managed to put us away to Aberdeen, Motherwell and the bomb throwers in the opening 4 games

When has that ever happened to Sellik in the last 20 years ….

Defeat is unthinkable. Effectively 6pts behind including goal difference. Doesn’t seem a lot but it is when you consider they’ll be unlikely to drop many points to the dross
Five points would be a concern when it would appear that every other team in this league is simply rolling over for them

They got pumped all over Europe last year anyway despite not making the higher level.

They will only be playing 6 european games compared to 14 last year so they will be less exposed to injuries and have a bigger squad this season.

We can't afford to be relying on them dropping points to anyone else. Let's go for the throat this weekend and stay on top of it until the end of the season.

Crucial might be too strong a word. Important might fit better. I agree we don’t want to drop five points behind as they don’t look like dropping many points to the wee teams this year. I think we’re capable of getting a victory, and a draw wouldn’t be the worst result in the world, but whatever happens there’s a long way to go in the season

No matter what, I certainly won't be thinking the leagues lost in September.

If the league has got to that stage, then there will need to be a massive overhaul of the scottish game. Don't get me wrong, it's certainly heading in that direction.

Would the scum beat PSV, Dortmund, RB Leipzig? Of course they wouldn't. We need to get this fear of them out our heads. We're infinitely better than them and if we approach Saturday with the right attitude we'll absolutely pump them.

Would the scum beat PSV, Dortmund, RB Leipzig? Of course they wouldn't. We need to get this fear of them out our heads. We're infinitely better than them and if we approach Saturday with the right attitude we'll absolutely pump them.
No they wouldn’t and trust me mate, I don’t fear them in the slightest. I fear how rubbish everyone in Scotland is against them compared to us which is why going 5 behind isn’t ideal. I fancy us to do a job on them on Saturday though, I really do.

we have a manager who has been through half a dozen old firm games while they have a fat australian who has no idea what's required to win a celtic rangers game. the pressure of the occasion will be too much for him and his team I think. our manager played for barcalona. and the dutch know all about systems and tactics

I like the look of matonda, he's rapid and I think he'll grab a hattrick

we have a manager who has been through half a dozen old firm games while they have a fat australian who has no idea what's required to win a celtic rangers game. the pressure of the occasion will be too much for him and his team I think. our manager played for barcalona. and the dutch know all about systems and tactics

As much as I want to agree mate, Ange has won 2 Old Firms so he clearly can. However, it’ll be figured out and once it’s totally figured out, he’s in trouble. He has no adaptability in the slightest, he’s just gun ho.

He’s lost both of the league ones so far. The team selection for the away game was very naive from Gio. We were completely over run in midfield until Jack came on at half time.

He’s lost both of the league ones so far. The team selection for the away game was very naive from Gio. We were completely over run in midfield until Jack came on at half time.
There was a third league match which we drew and should’ve won but Beaton added two minutes injury time on, Celtic were out on their feet. Just like they were in the semi final a few weeks before too.

Pretty sure we were 3 points ahead of them after winning the first Old Firm last season and were up by 5 points at one point.

Still a long season to go. Can’t believe how much luck they’ve had already with Dundee United looking like they weren’t trying, Hearts resting players and Aberdeen doing their usual at Parkhead. Guaranteed all three will be fighting against us like we’ve taken their families hostage.

There was a third league match which we drew and should’ve won but Beaton added two minutes injury time on, Celtic were out on their feet. Just like they were in the semi final a few weeks before too.

Totally forgot about the one Sakala scored at their midden. Was thinking the Ibrox game was after the split.

Going 5 points behind even with plenty of games to rectify it is unthinkable on Saturday IMO, especially with games at Pittodrie and Tynecastle looming too and the fact teams are throwing the towel in against them which Dundee United did on Sunday. A draw wouldn’t be a disaster on Saturday which would keep it at 2 points.

However, I think winning would give us a massive psychological boost going forward and it’s a chance we must take and I fancy us to do so, even if it’s at their ground. Especially when you consider Celtic have had the luxury of playing once a week mostly since February after getting beat off the mighty Bodo/Glimt, that’s until this midweek which they finally start playing twice a week consistently again starting at Dingwall tomorrow. The intensity they play at will be way less effective playing twice a week. If we go top on Saturday, I really think we’d be gavanised even more and would fancy us for the title although not a certainty. We shall see!
Mental I thought it was huge we lost

They don’t look as If they’ll drop a lot of points this season again but hopefully neither will we. I’d probably take a draw but the night game apart last season (which I still think was an anomaly as it was the first midweek night time game in ages and their crowd was rabid) we still looked the better team in most of the OF games. The loss at Ibrox probably cost us the league IMO, so it would be very nice to turn the tables and get an early one over them.. would also but the brakes on the hype train they’ve got going as usual via the MSM

We shouldn't even be going into this game with a 2 point deficit. We've been corruptly handicapped by Collum and it's putting extra pressure on. I hope we sicken them by beating them in their own cesspit.

A defeat wouldn't mean the league is over but 5 points behind at this stage would be a huge advantage for Celtic. We've then got Aberdeen and Hearts away.

People will say Celtic will drop points but so will we.

It would be a big blow to fall 5 behind but they spent much of last season 6 behind and won it, we will need a solid run of league wins between now and the WC break though if we drop points on Saturday.

This will be their only test so far this season though so the more over confident they are the better.

If we do not add quality and lose in a manner of defeat against them like the 3-0 game last season then we are in serious bother. That's my realistic view.

We have far to many games at venues we struggle at more than others. We cannot afford to get beat. A draw is not a bad result. A win changes a lot for season ahead......it would show that their style of football can be stopped and other teams can take from that.

To dismiss them on the pitch the now is ignorance.

Willie column has set this up for them , getting column, Robertson twice and the serial cheat Clancy in the opening games is no coincidence

The timing of our tougher away fixtures sandwiched in between champions league / European games is also not random

The sooner some fans wake up and realise they’ve infiltrated Scottish football full of their people the better

Timing of fixtures is everything, and before someone says but they played them all away first last season , yes the did but not one after another and certainly not sandwiched in between European games

Scottish football stinks and has done for years ….

There’s a big shitty stick and we always are holding the dirty end of it

Under a new manager in Stevie G with a new team the “random “computer managed to put us away to Aberdeen, Motherwell and the bomb throwers in the opening 4 games

When has that ever happened to Sellik in the last 20 years ….

You'd be as well swapping this line for "and regardless of what facts, rationale or reason anyone wants to present to me re this, I won't be believing it, as I want to believe the authorities are against us and concocted a plan at the start of the season to make sure we had a really tough match against Lee Johnson's Hibs early in the season."

We have 20x the budget of these teams, it really shouldn't matter at what point we play them over a 38 game season.

Back