Itten in b team today

How bad is Zukowski that he can’t get in a match day squad? Unless he’s had an injury and I missed it.

Makes sense. Don't think he made the last match day squad so getting minutes is ideal to keep him fresh. Some big games coming up , we need our cover to be on their toes.

He’s in the B team. I thought we were going out in January to try and improve the first team squad.

My god man. He must be rotten then if he is playing in the B team. He played in a bounce game against Brentford recently as well with other 1st teamers, they must be bad as well.

He needs games time, he is never replacing Tav at right back unless rested or injured.

You know this of course.

How bad is Zukowski that he can’t get in a match day squad? Unless he’s had an injury and I missed it.

As others have said, simply for game time. This isn't a Lowland League match - which has an age limit - so its a chance to give the likes of Itten and Zukowski a run out. Maybe the players wanted some gametime as well. Cant be fun training and not playing. Zukowski made the matchday squad just midweek there v St Johnstone by the way - was on the bench.

My god man. He must be rotten then if he is playing in the B team.

He needs games time, he is never replacing Tav at right back unless rested or injured.

You know this of course.
Sorry I thought the idea was to have these guys on the bench in the event of an injury. But obviously it’s inconceivable that Tav could get injured during an actual game.

Sorry I thought the idea was to have these guys on the bench in the event of an injury. But obviously it’s inconceivable that Tav could get injured during an actual game.
Balogun can play RB should the need arise. Flexibility on the bench ;)

Every post you make on this thread makes you sound more of a zoomer :D

We have adequate cover on the bench and a domestic quota rules to meet!

Oddly the one's that were crying for him to come back have went silent.
Why do people do this? I'd have been one of the ones that wanted him back. I still feel it was silly to send out a striker on loan when we weren't going to use Defoe. We have the striker on our books, it'd be silly not to try. We did and it hasn't paid dividends. He's a decent striker but it'll be one of those ones that just won't work out but he's still better here than away. If we get yet another roofe inury and a morelos suspension, who we playing or having on the bench?

Did you seriously think we went and signed a 20 year old to be an instant replacement for our captain? :rolleyes:
Yeah that’s exactly what I thought, not that I expected him to be available for the match day squad or anything, but that I thought he’d be a direct replacement for the captain.

Why do people do this? I'd have been one of the ones that wanted him back. I still feel it was silly to send out a striker on loan when we weren't going to use Defoe. We have the striker on our books, it'd be silly not to try. We did and it hasn't paid dividends. He's a decent striker but it'll be one of those ones that just won't work out but he's still better here than away. If we get yet another roofe inury and a morelos suspension, who we playing or having on the bench?

he is a decent striker, but not for one up top.

he is so far out of the picture right now.

Reactions: cav
We have adequate cover on the bench and a domestic quota rules to meet!
Fair enough. I just think it sums up our January business that it’s another new face who’s been brought in, not to make an immediate contribution to the first team. No need to bite my head off ffs :))

Yeah that’s exactly what I thought, not that I expected him to be available for the match day squad or anything, but that I thought he’d be a direct replacement for the captain.
The fact he’s playing today for the B team would suggest that he’s ready for selection but the coaching staff have obviously decided that 90 minutes in his legs for the B team will benefit him more than 90 minutes on the bench.

Fair enough. I just think it sums up our January business that it’s another new face who’s been brought in, not to make an immediate contribution to the first team. No need to bite my head off ffs :))

Played nearly 100 games in Poland, on the verge of a full national team call up and you are saying "how bad must he be" simply because he can't get on our bench!

Played nearly 100 games in Poland, on the verge of a full national team call up and you are saying "how bad must he be" simply because he can't get on our bench!
That would have sufficed first time. Maybe it’s just the pessimist in me, I mean Itten was a Swiss international scoring decent goals in his homeland and now looks like he’s a 4th or 5th choice striker. I suppose I assumed the guy was bought to go right into first team squads in case needed.

That would have sufficed first time. Maybe it’s just the pessimist in me, I mean Itten was a Swiss international scoring decent goals in his homeland and now looks like he’s a 4th or 5th choice striker. I suppose I assumed the guy was bought to go right into first team squads in case needed.

the vast majority are on here, thankfully I'm not!

He’s in the B team. I thought we were going out in January to try and improve the first team squad.

I take it you didn’t read what Gio and Ross Wilson said about him! He’s a prospect player that we are looking to mould into Tav’s replacement. No hope in hell he was waking in and taking that spot in the team.

He's been in the squads though mate. On the bench for the last 4 League games. Today is all about getting him some time on the pitch.

I'll hold my hands up but I thought Itten would make it for us and was disappointed when he went on loan.
Now I have to say Since his return I have been disappointed the way things have turned out and his future lies elsewhere.

We just have to accept that he'll be in the B team or an unused sub for the first team, before leaving permanently in the summer.

Moronic take. Take a step back next time eh?
I thought he was being brought in to be a mainstay in our match day squads as back up for Tav. Don’t think that’s a sin given what’s on the line, but everyone gets it wrong sometimes, apart from you obviously.

I'll hold my hands up but I thought Itten would make it for us and was disappointed when he went on loan.
Now I have to say Since his return I have been disappointed the way things have turned out and his future lies elsewhere.
I was 50/50 whether he would cut it when back but it was still worthwhile seeing if the new manager could get a tune out of him imo.

It hasn't worked out here and his confidence as so often the case for misfiring strikers, is rock bottom.

I can see him going to a team in Austria or similar that plays two up top and being decent, no more no less.

Balogun can cover rb and cb though so I'm afraid you're still talking shite.

Sell sell sell in sunmer

Came back from his loan worse.

Makes sense with zukowski getting minutes as he won’t have much chance coming up. Actually think he will be a good player for us

Back