Itten International stats!

I wonder if GVB could use him in the manner he used Jorgensen, although I’m not so sure the way our opponents set up would allow it.

On the basis of what he’s shown at Rangers, he’s not good enough. Those international stats are indeed impressive. I remain unconvinced but would be delighted to be proved wrong.

I don’t think he suits playing as a main central striker, he is not quick or physical enough to be a threat in that role.

If you play someone beside him then you probably get a lot more out of him. He is a decent finisher

I’d give him another chance to make it, he scored some good and important goals for us last season.

He looked sharp in pre season and was arguably our best performer then gets pied off on loan, strange.

I wonder if GVB could use him in the manner he used Jorgensen, although I’m not so sure the way our opponents set up would allow it.
I think the plan with Katic and Itten is to go out out have successful loans and bring a few bob in for the summer transfer kitty.

I personally don’t see what others do with Itten. I thought he was awful away at Malmö and when I had a look on here at HT I saw people saying he was excellent and couldn’t believe it.

I'd like to see him get some time with the new coaching team. Learning from JD and McKaay is going to benefit him and maybe then can teach him to get the cutting edge that many see him not having.

Clutching at straws. I don't think he's anywhere near good enough for us...not even with a sprinkling of magic Gio dust. The only thing that can save him here is the fact that he's at a bottom level club who he probably won't want to sign for permanently (even if they want to take up that option to buy value).

Never really got a fair crack of the whip at us. I know youtube is nothing to go on but he looked capable of everything you want in a striker. I am not just talking about the goals but his movement for them looked good.

He will be a decent striker i reckon and a season in the Bundesliga might just round him off. They have an option to buy which they might take and leave us with no choice but otherwise i would like to see him get a chance.

Good stats.

Some players just don’t suit Rangers or the club.

I think he’s too nice to make it as a number 9 at Ibrox.

It’s cut throat, I don’t think he’s got it.

He’ll have a decent career though, but back in mainland Europe, imo.
Ok sir Alex

Played in wrong position a few times or put on when we were chasing a goal. Strange that we continually put balls in from wide areas and he was probably our best chance at getting onto these balls but wasn’t trusted. Honest player who at only 24 could have a decent career.

But he cant do it against St Mirren and co apparantly. Gerrard spent millions on him then hardly gave him a start. Morelos form has been woeful recently but hes still a superstar according to some on here. Itten isnt good enough after a few starts even though they constantly shout about giving players time and look at Borna etc but that only counts when its one of their faves. Lets be honest most wrote him off on here just because Gerrard didnt play him nothing to do with the way he played.

I think he’ll now be given his chance. Pretty sure he was Switzerlands top scorer in qualifying for the Euros only to be dropped due to lack of game time with us.

There’s definitely a player in there, it’s just unfortunate that when he got a start the midfield failed to create any chances for him.

I expect Gio has already begun his research into the tools he has available though that might be complicated by the fact he can't see all of them, such as Itten, in training.

A number of these players including Kent to greater or lesser degrees signed as much for Gerrard as for the club. There's going to need to be a transition period where players signing for Gio are brought in. Presumably a Dutch element.

I think he'd thrive with wide men and a traditional number 10, was always a struggle when we played so narrow

I think he’ll now be given his chance. Pretty sure he was Switzerlands top scorer in qualifying for the Euros only to be dropped due to lack of game time with us.

There’s definitely a player in there, it’s just unfortunate that when he got a start the midfield failed to create any chances for him.
he won't. he's well behind several forwards in the pecking order.

Switzerland's top scorer in Euro Qualifying?? Lol. He got three. Two of them against Gibraltar.
My granny could score two against Gibraltar. And she's been deid for 30 years.

you don't need to be Swiss to score against Gibraltar

Steven Fletcher scored 6 for Scotland in 2 games against them

And Shaun Maloney got 3 in the same games

And there were 3 others on the scoresheet!!!

As I said, I could score the goals Itten has internationally
You do if Switzerland is playing against then

He definitely had all the qualities to succeed but was never trusted here, hopefully that changes now. Hopefully we can recreate the big man little man partnership Defoe had with Peter Crouch

you don't need to be Swiss to score against Gibraltar

Steven Fletcher scored 6 for Scotland in 2 games against them

And Shaun Maloney got 3 in the same games

And there were 3 others on the scoresheet!!!

As I said, I could score the goals Itten has internationally
Yeah sure you could mate.

Switzerland's top scorer in Euro Qualifying?? Lol. He got three. Two of them against Gibraltar.
Tragic patter

He can only score against who is in front of him, however he can’t score if he doesn’t play, that is the point in question here.
I think he will be back and will be a big player for us, just a hunch this loan move will have really built his confidence

Back