Itten Penalty Appeal

Players get moaned at for taking tumbles in the box.

Itten gets booted in the ankle, stays on his feet and the referee doesn't award him a blatant penalty.

You can't win.
And he was booted in the ankle, very obvious what i seen on the incident, however he should have hit the turf imo

Stonewaller for me as was the challenge on Morelos in the Aberdeen game. St Mirren probably should have had one against us. I hope someone is keeping a tally.

Just seen it again there, stonewaller.

Gaffer needs to have a work with him, don’t be a hero when the contact is that obvious and the ball is away. Should have been given regardless, but it’s what we’re up against.

Thought Helander stuck his foot through his legs and booted the ball out for a corner.

Helander never touched the ball, he basically pulled the guy back slightly causing him to lose his balance as he went to shoot and the St Johnstone player put it out himself. I'd probably say it was a bit soft for a penalty, but if the shoe was on the other foot I'd have been screaming for it :D

Helander never touched the ball, he basically pulled the guy back slightly causing him to lose his balance as he went to shoot and the St Johnstone player put it out himself. I'd probably say it was a bit soft for a penalty, but if the shoe was on the other foot I'd have been screaming for it :D
You must have been watching another game! He used his body strength to outmuscle him, and not once did he use his hands . Some people can't help themselves.

Yes and no.
Needs to be kept in mind for when situations like this, tonight, arises.
Remember, we had a not too dissimilar incident at Pittodrie on day one.
We’ve all heard the immortal phrase “if that happens at the other end, it’s a penalty” used to show that referees give us all the decisions.
This is when we need it.
Just to bring up when that line is claimed in the future.
Is that right.

You must have been watching another game! He used his body strength to outmuscle him, and not once did he use his hands . Some people can't help themselves.

Correct he leaned in to him which put him off balance. 100% legal and good defending.

Stonewall penalty but when you get commentators like the one on Sportscene saying there was contact but not enough for Litten to go down you realise why players do go down and scream for the foul. I remember a TV documentary in the 90s when George Graham was the manager of Arsenal. In the dressing room at half-time he was telling his players to ‘Let the referee know about it!’

Different thread mate.
Originally mentioned 3 things the ref got wrong. The pen, the red card and the Hagi fairground ride. Guy I replied to took it as if I was implying the boy that tackled itten should have seen red. What you replied to was clarification that it was Roofe I was referring to there, not Itten.

Penalty aside the challenge on Roofe could have ended his career and he only gave a yellow.Havent heard Gerrard interviews whether he mentioned it or not but everyone from the top to the bottom at Ibrox must highlight the decisions like this against us and if necessary putting an official complaint in to SFA/SPFL or whoever it is.At the end of the day if we dont make an issue it will continue and cost us the league/cups,last year against Celtic proved that.

Back