Ivan Toney.

Yeh the same league 1 where Tav, Aribo, Arfield etc have impressed mate :D

Crooks may have looked ”decent” but he never starred at that level.
Fair do’s, my memory is too far gone to know Arfield was there and very few of us had heard of Tav before he signed. Toney could be the next Morelos (yes, I remember where he signed from) or the next James Beattie. We’ll probably never know and no tears will be shed

Fair do’s, my memory is too far gone to know Arfield was there and very few of us had heard of Tav before he signed. Toney could be the next Morelos (yes, I remember where he signed from) or the next James Beattie. We’ll probably never know and no tears will be shed

Wasn’t totally disagreeing with you mate, signing a league 1 player is hit or miss.

Seen it with lots of players up here it can go either way, doubt we’ll sign Toney and like you said we’ll probably never know.

Good player, not in Morelos standard though. Could possibly challenge Defoe but IMO would be 3rd choice for us

Those saying at "Just" £ 3.5M forget the BIG difference in Wages down there to up here. Young "known" talent moving to EPL / Championship clubs will be earning £30k up p/w.

As others ave alluded, the Paedo's wage bill is unsustainable in "normal" times - post cov19 the wage bills will become make or break for all clubs.

We need to be realistic with our expectations and look for talent far away from the Money Pit lunacy of the English game. hence why our cross border raids are for out of contract and frees.

Yahoos aren’t submitting big bids for anyone. Just over a week to go before the season starts and they’ve got 1 first team keeper.

If they had serious money that would be the first area they would address.
They will sign Frather Forget again for in goal.
That will use all their budget.

I like him. He’ll also improve, almost guaranteed. We’re now improving players

I hope we’re at least keepin an eye on the situation.

Yahoos aren’t submitting big bids for anyone. Just over a week to go before the season starts and they’ve got 1 first team keeper.

If they had serious money that would be the first area they would address.
See that has me thinking do they fucking rheptiles know something we don’t?Like the league won’t be starting?I’ve a feeling that’s their game.Been a very quiet transfer market so far with what a week to go.

Just seen on a Posh fans forum, according to that Newcastle have a 40% sell on fee so Peterborough will want top dollar for Toney, he’ll probably end up in the championship

See that has me thinking do they fucking rheptiles know something we don’t?Like the league won’t be starting?I’ve a feeling that’s their game.Been a very quiet transfer market so far with what a week to go.

Maybe they just don’t have the money they want people to think they have .

the sun running the headline "tims locked in talks with Peterborough over Ivan Toney", but the article itself amounts to nowt

Maybe they just don’t have the money they want people to think they have .

For years now, they’ve either had to qualify for the Champions League or sell a player to generate funds to spend. I don’t know why this season will be any different. They’ll wait until then and if they don’t qualify, I imagine a player they can get £10m+ for is gone.

The talk of £10m was crazy. £3.5m would still be a massive gamble on a guy that’s been playing league 1 imo.

Similar price that we have paid for Hagi. Far better value to be had in Europe than from England

Those saying at "Just" £ 3.5M forget the BIG difference in Wages down there to up here. Young "known" talent moving to EPL / Championship clubs will be earning £30k up p/w.

As others ave alluded, the Paedo's wage bill is unsustainable in "normal" times - post cov19 the wage bills will become make or break for all clubs.

We need to be realistic with our expectations and look for talent far away from the Money Pit lunacy of the English game. hence why our cross border raids are for out of contract and frees.
I'd love to see stats on that.
I doubt there are even a handful of championship clubs with a wage bill near or above ours.
Other than legacy EPL players, post relegation, I reckon it's a bit of a myth.

Now Leeds are up and if Villa stay up, you're left with 2 less big spenders.

Bheggars linked with Toney and Ajeti. Preparing for Edouard to be sold?

Like they done with Dembele. A replacement in before they sell.

I doubt there are even a handful of championship clubs with a wage bill near or above ours.

There was an article out a couple of months ago that had the average weekly wage in the Championship at £29k

Edit - not correct

Id agree with that. Clubs like Fulham will perhaps be higher but Brentford for examples top earner is on £25k a week with the majority of the rest on £10-15k a week.

Bheggars linked with Toney and Ajeti. Preparing for Edouard to be sold?

Like they done with Dembele. A replacement in before they sell.

They're in a finacial position where they are able to do that.

We aren't. If we're wanting serious quality in the door then we need to make a big sale beforehand.

We aren't. If we're wanting serious quality in the door then we need to make a big sale beforehand.

If that happens with Morelos then we would be down to Defoe until a replacement was found. And right now Defoe is injured.

There was an article out a couple of months ago that had the average weekly wage in the Championship at £29k

Edit - not correct
I thought average Premier league wage was under 40,000?

Even if its 50, when you factor in Liverpool, City, United all probably averaging well over 100,000, spurs, arsenal.
It means your bottom level clubs must not be paying much more than us.

Burnley, Brighton, Bournemouth, sheff Utd.
They'll have 1 or 2 players outside our budget but I'd think the majority of their squad will be close to our wage levels.

Even if its 50, when you factor in Liverpool, City, United all probably averaging well over 100,000, spurs, arsenal.

They'll have 1 or 2 players outside our budget but I'd think the majority of their squad will be close to our wage levels.

Our wage bill was £34 million last season I believe. The below shows the wage bills of Premiership teams for 18/19 season

Joe Hart was supposedly on £45k a week at Burnley before he was released. Tarkovsky(sp) when he signed a new deal at the time they said £50k a week.

If they were in the position to do that Forster would already by back as there goalie

Back