Jack Grealish

I don't think he's even close to Beckham, but it's ridiculous that people refuse to acknowledge how good a player he is because of his hair!
If he was Italian, they would be alright with it.

The low socks, lack a shin guards & the way he moves is not manly enough for a British footballer. Everyone should be Lee Cattermole in some people’s eyes.

Ironically, he grew up playing Gaelic Football, so I doubt he would crumble with a slap they way some assume he would.

Its not easy to play under Pep as he demands so much from you - it’s why he’s the greatest.

Really like Grealish - very honest guy and has grown into this city side. Also Sasha Attwood - what a missus!

Went up several levels under Pep. Think it’s fair to say he is amongst the best in the world in his position at present.

That's why when someone says Pep is a chequebook manager they can't be taken seriously. Sure, he's able to go out and spend a lot of money. But the way he improves players is second to none. Guys like Stones and Grealish have went to a completely different level under him.

Seems a nice lad, always seems to have time for people with disabilities etc. But he really went down in my estimation when he was slagging off the Newcastle striker when he was pished. That was well out of order.

His dad also seems a lady's front bottom. That Union Flag waistcoat at the World Cup was appalling. Attention seeking at its worst.

lol ...this thread has aged well .......

been watching him over the last 10 weeks or so ....he's been phenomenal

tbh I never took notice when he was at Villa ......

comparisons with DB are stretching it a bit though .......
Agree he will never be as good as Ronald or Frank.

Why is this atop a Rangers forum page.Sand dancer extraordinaire

0.jpg

lol ...this thread has aged well .......

been watching him over the last 10 weeks or so ....he's been phenomenal

tbh I never took notice when he was at Villa ......

comparisons with DB are stretching it a bit though .......
Depends on how the next 5 years pan out

Him, Haaland and that city team could sweep up a lot of medals in the next few years. Obviously not playing for Real Madrid will be his downfall

In recent weeks where you've had the majority of Arsenal and Leeds squads just walk past young fans without acknowledging them, there's loads of videos out there of Grealish being a gent and making plenty of time for young fans. Plenty of players could learn a lot from him when it comes to being a decent human.

From the little I’ve seen of Grealish off-the-field, he seems a good lad with the kids. His sister’s situation likely gives him a specific perspective.

He’s had a great season. I thought the 100m was over-the-top but Pep saw something and it’s beginning to bear fruit.

Good luck to him.
I'm.a Blues fan so I obviously wasn't his biggest fan at villa ,though I knew he had a great talent .
At city ,they play a lot of one touch ,two touch football ,at villa he held the ball for long periods .I suspect he had to learn ' the city way .Ironically he's done that and appears to have more freedom these days to.do.a bit of dribbling in the last 3rd.Plus his work rate is through the roof these days .
He's grown up a lot ,even at villa he grew up , a different reaction when he was attacked on the pitch v Blues and a riot could have been on the cards

In recent weeks where you've had the majority of Arsenal and Leeds squads just walk past young fans without acknowledging them, there's loads of videos out there of Grealish being a gent and making plenty of time for young fans. Plenty of players could learn a lot from him when it comes to being a decent human.
Just read he paid 5K for the funeral costs of a young Villa fan who tragically died. A nice gesture from a guy who has not forgotten his roots.

Seems a nice lad, always seems to have time for people with disabilities etc. But he really went down in my estimation when he was slagging off the Newcastle striker when he was pished. That was well out of order.

His dad also seems a lady's front bottom. That Union Flag waistcoat at the World Cup was appalling. Attention seeking at its worst.
I’m like that with him, seems really genuine and sound at times but others a clown, usually when he drinks. I didn’t like that Almiron stuff and I can’t forget the driving stuff to be honest. Not convinced he’s learnt his lesson when it comes to drink all in all.

That's why when someone says Pep is a chequebook manager they can't be taken seriously. Sure, he's able to go out and spend a lot of money. But the way he improves players is second to none. Guys like Stones and Grealish have went to a completely different level under him.

Mmm. If you don't splash the cash in the first place then maybe you don't have players to improve? The two quoted were 150 mill of investment. Say that figure slowly. Now ask yourself where does a club like, say, Burnley spend that cash on players to improve ( or integrate into a system)? And yes I am aware that City have got money back into the club from the likes of Cancelo and Jesus.

To prove your point. He even had Sterling looking like a footballer for a couple of seasons. Not that, that sort of football coaching wizardry could last.

To me he was obviously always talented, the way he controls the ball, and dribbles etc you could always see it.

But every time I watched him, he wasn't that effective, the majority of the time he would try to go past someone and dive or be fouled. So I always saw him as talented but ineffective.

Playing much better these days and I like watching talented players that are not just well-coached robots.

Mmm. If you don't splash the cash in the first place then maybe you don't have players to improve? The two quoted were 150 mill of investment. Say that figure slowly. Now ask yourself where does a club like, say, Burnley spend that cash on players to improve ( or integrate into a system)? And yes I am aware that City have got money back into the club from the likes of Cancelo and Jesus.

He turned Barcelona into (arguably) the best football team we've ever seen, mainly using academy players. The season before he took over they finished 4th.

He had the balls to get rid of Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Deco and promoted Iniesta to a more prominent role. Put all his faith in Messi and helped make him the greatest.

Just a bit hard to know how genuine some of these things are. I would say it is with Grealish (especially here) but with the social media boom players are clearly told to do a lot of stuff to enhance the perception of them from the public.
Most of them employ people to run their social media

Just a bit hard to know how genuine some of these things are. I would say it is with Grealish (especially here) but with the social media boom players are clearly told to do a lot of stuff to enhance the perception of them from the public.

I think in Grealish's case, given his sister's condition he's always been a bit more receptive and sympathetic towards fans and goes out his way for them etc.

He was a tactic at villa,to win set pieces,and I believe he tried to carry that onto City when he 1st came in,that’s why pep benched him to start with,but he’s showing what a player he is this season,and still dives a bit ,but Harry Kane cheats far more than Grealish,and gets away with that side of the game,it’s just how he looks and his history that people don’t see how much of an important part he has played for City this season,and don’t fully recognise his qualities he’s defo surprised me,I got him wrong.

I think he's a bit of a hairband, but it's nice to see anyone send a positive message to support someone going through change.

A superb player. He has been massive for City this season and along with Haland is the reason why they will mop up every trophy they are still in the hunt for. I say that as someone who despises City

Back