Jack Ross - sacked

The guy is clearly a fraud and has got jobs on the back of being reasonably eloquent. This is all it takes to set you apart from much of the amoeba employed in Scottish football.

He'd be far better wrapping the manager gig and getting on the pundit bandwagon. You don't even need to be especially erudite to do it!
I remember listening to the Lewis Morgan interview on Open Goal a while back, and he was saying Ross absolutely obsessed over everything Brendan Rogers did, watching him all the time and learning.

I'm certain he was being groomed for the filth job eventually once he got it right. Except he never does, despite all the turd polishing the media try to make out he's better than he is ("they need to defend better, Ross has a mountain to climb" from Michael Stewart when Dundee Utd were 4-0 to Alkmaar was a particular favourite B-D )

I think its a definite that he lost the dressingroom, no way they get scudded by 7 & 9 otherwise. I would be pissed off if I was a DU fan that the players had no pride at all. But as I am not, I will laugh heartily!
The chat in Dundee is Watt and Mulgrew have been ignoring instructions. Watt apparently came to blows with Jack at Tynecastle and the lad from Liverpool put Mulgrew on his back side.

Was a strange appointment to begin with for them given they went from Courts who was fairly defensive to Ross who is probably the complete opposite in style. Guess it was similar to last season for him at Hibs when they came to us flying we beat them and don't think they won another league game after that until he was sacked think it was 9 games in a row they lost.

Not a fan of the man, but I always wonder why in this sort of situation more criticism is not aimed at the players?
Whatever the club , you are lucky enough to live a fan's dream when you play, but to not even bother trying in a competitive game is a form of cheating.
Low class, shameful behaviour from the playing squad.

Remember the thread last week with the guy who was raging about corruption because Jack Ross was going to be sacked before the Celtic game?

So, the players who obviously didn't try a leg on Sunday, cheated if you will, are off Scot free.
Once again the integrity of the league has been compromised

Not a fan of the man, but I always wonder why in this sort of situation more criticism is not aimed at the players?
Whatever the club , you are lucky enough to live a fan's dream when you play, but to not even bother trying in a competitive game is a form of cheating.
And possibly made a few Bob on the result

hate to give him credit, but Cosgrove called this 2 weeks ago on off the ball.
never laid into him, but questioned the narrative of a young up and coming manager , full of ideas etc.
if you look at his record, its poor. Pretty much said he got jobs because he (Ross) can talk a good game.

That was a close run thing between him and Parker and Parker has it by half a length , doubt anyone could beat Ross by a head.

He can go back to Sunderland now, strange that Alex Neil left them to join Stoke in the same league , surely Sunderland are a bigger team.

Anyway what next , Michael ONeill to Dundee Hivs.
Neil is doubling his wages seemingly plus he feels he wasn’t backed by the Sunderland board.

You're right, the players should be ashamed of themselves and some of them deserve sacking as much as the manager.

Unfortunately for Ross, you can't sack a squad of players but you can sack a manager.

In past times managers could be given time to weed out the 'bad eggs' and turn a squad around but those days seem to be over.

But that's three bad failures in succession for Ross so maybe he's a busted flush now, rightly or wrongly.

Only one man for the job. He will REVERSE their fortunes b

PKHCRF76YOGHF5DUDYAH.jpg

They genuinely looked like they had the makings of a decent side in that first game against AZ Alkmaar. Fletcher and Middleton up top looked like they would cause defences problems.

Something has to have happened either before, during or after the second leg in the Netherlands as their performances since haven't just been a poorly managed side struggling, there has barely even been any effort from their players, all the makings of a team who collectively wanted their manager binned.
Yes it's a strange one, they played really well against AZ at Tannadice and I thought they'd kick on. The two Aussie internationals have been disappointing, Watt seems disinterested and they've not sorted out the fairly obvious problems in midfield.

hate to give him credit, but Cosgrove called this 2 weeks ago on off the ball.
never laid into him, but questioned the narrative of a young up and coming manager , full of ideas etc.
if you look at his record, its poor. Pretty much said he got jobs because he (Ross) can talk a good game.
Ross is 46 years of age.
Young , up and coming manager.

He was offered the Dundee job in the summer. He accepted it then back tracked citing marriage problems and taking time away from football . Then he signed for United . Scumbag behaviour

Tbf they gave it their all, well feck all in their last game and the big question is who fired JR?

Will there be a shower scene down the road no not Bobby Ewing but a shower of sh*t scene where Dundee U finally realise they have sunk in their own Arab quick sand?

Will the Arabs need to get rid of all the Camels who took the hump to a new level of being humped for not being on their toes and playing for their jersey never mind JR?

We shouldn't kick them when they are down then again? ;) :D

By all accounts it went totally pear shaped in the dressing room. The team got him the tin tac at the weekend.
Heard this from an Arab pal of mine tonight

Courts leaned heavily on Mulgrew last year and Jack Ross made it known who was boss this year

He also said Watt and Mulgrew were laughing and joking at half time on Sunday

Main problem seems to be Ashgar the Sporting director who has his son as a 1st team coach with no pedigree whatsoever

Makes you wonder when Neilson, Mellon, Courts all left after a year for weaker teams despite the club doing well on the pitch

The previous manager, Courts, played an absolute blinder getting out of there.

Was getting slated for going to Hungary as well.

Must have realised he was massively over achieving with them and couldn’t get out of there quick enough.
It's only been a few months and I'd totally forgot about that guy

Heard this from an Arab pal of mine tonight

Courts leaned heavily on Mulgrew last year and Jack Ross made it known who was boss this year

He also said Watt and Mulgrew were laughing and joking at half time on Sunday

Main problem seems to be Ashgar the Sporting director who has his son as a 1st team coach with no pedigree whatsoever

Makes you wonder when Neilson, Mellon, Courts all left after a year for weaker teams despite the club doing well on the pitch
Ashgar sounds like a horse in the grand national

I'd love to see the big guy back in Scottish football but I can't stand that fkn mob.
he will never come back to Scotland after what they did to him and quite right to, definately not to that mob they are so screweednits funny to watch

Back