Jack Ross - sacked

Looks like a job for football's bravest man, step forward from the shadows John Kennedy.

'Tannadice has not known such European splendour for an age, but this was a night that conjured the spirit of the late, great Jim McLean and the extraordinary conquests of his storied United teams.

The old stadium was a seething mass of orange, barely a seat to be had, and it rocked and juddered as United found their rhythm.'

26 days ago :))
Don’t believe the hype. That hotpotch that they call their main stand or Jerry Kerr Stand was practically empty.

Gaslighting is alive and well on Tayside.

Surely that's him a busted flush? One good spell at St Mirren a few years ago can't sustain a serial failure anymore

'Tannadice has not known such European splendour for an age, but this was a night that conjured the spirit of the late, great Jim McLean and the extraordinary conquests of his storied United teams.

The old stadium was a seething mass of orange, barely a seat to be had, and it rocked and juddered as United found their rhythm.'

26 days ago :))
Remember that? - A full week of Dundee United putting the smile back on the face of Scottish football.
Tony Watt on how he went there for Euro success...

That will have cost them to pay up his contract unless they put him on garden leave and pay him monthly

I think his football management days will be numbered as he’s failed too many times now

He’s a boring monotones pundit too

I seem to remember them tweeting about how he had had "successful" spells in charge of Sunderland and Hibs when they appointed him. Still struggling to comprehend what their definition of success is.

Hope he never is employed in professional football again in any capacity whatsoever !
He obviously irks you mate.

Me, less so. But he always struck me as a bit of an imposter.
Our capitulation against Hibs at Hampden last term was inexcusable though because it gave the fraud credence.

larry-david-curb-your-enthusiasm.gif

Which shouldn't really be a concern to us.
You're absolutely right, but given a choice of waltzing past traffic cones and banging in 9 goals or having a scrap where they fight for every ball, are actually prepared to make a tackle, throw bodies in our way to block everything in their penalty box and deploy every spoiling tactic known, I would prefer playing the traffic cones.

You're absolutely right, but given a choice of waltzing past traffic cones and banging in 9 goals or having a scrap where they fight for every ball, are actually prepared to make a tackle, throw bodies in our way to block everything in their penalty box and deploy every spoiling tactic known, I would prefer playing the traffic cones.
Playing traffic cones is not how you win leagues pal.

He'll be the merry go round of useless managers again. Strange how absolute dumplings like this one and several others always get jobs no matter how bad they are. Maybe see him at Ross county or back at hibs

Bye Bye. He’l be at another premier league club before the seasons out. The merry go round. They never learn

Awwwww man I was hoping they would keep him until we play them so we can rack up double figures in goal difference. Typical. The filth get there first when they are all over the place getting battered off everyone. In all seriousness though it's been coming no manager survives continual drubbings like that.

Awwwww man I was hoping they would keep him until we play them so we can rack up double figures in goal difference. Typical. The filth get there first when they are all over the place getting battered off everyone. In all seriousness though it's been coming no manager survives continual drubbings like that.

Regardless of form they would have played us like rabid dogs no matter who their manager is/was, we know that much by now.

Hopefully this means he’ll spend more time punditting. I think he’s a big DILF so the more he’s on telly the better in my book :))

Nice to know that there would have been a pay off.

Say he's on roughly £5k per week and is on a 2 years deal.

Well that's over £400k as a pay off potentially or maybe half that to allow him to get another job straight away.

Either way, good to see united lose more money.

The previous manager, Courts, played an absolute blinder getting out of there.

Was getting slated for going to Hungary as well.

Must have realised he was massively over achieving with them and couldn’t get out of there quick enough.
Not sure about that, he got accosted by 30 Honved ultra's the other day for their shite start to the season.

He'll be sacked in the next few weeks.

I seem to remember them tweeting about how he had had "successful" spells in charge of Sunderland and Hibs when they appointed him. Still struggling to comprehend what their definition of success is.
Success is conceding less than 7 goals in a game

Taxi for Jack Ross.

And I’m suggesting that as his next job.
Who would let him near a football team?

Nice to know that there would have been a pay off.

Say he's on roughly £5k per week and is on a 2 years deal.

Well that's over £400k as a pay off potentially or maybe half that to allow him to get another job straight away.

Either way, good to see united lose more money.
I doubt managers in Scotland get their full contract paid up, there will be clause inserted that means they will get a pre-agreed amount base on the length of contract.

Back