Jack Ross - sacked

They genuinely looked like they had the makings of a decent side in that first game against AZ Alkmaar. Fletcher and Middleton up top looked like they would cause defences problems.

Something has to have happened either before, during or after the second leg in the Netherlands as their performances since haven't just been a poorly managed side struggling, there has barely even been any effort from their players, all the makings of a team who collectively wanted their manager binned.

Players clearly downed tools, they have an okish squad there in SPL terms

Only issue is, their 2 keepers look ballocks

He will still up managing another Scottish team within a year such is the unambitious merry go round in this country.

That was a close run thing between him and Parker and Parker has it by half a length , doubt anyone could beat Ross by a head.

He can go back to Sunderland now, strange that Alex Neil left them to join Stoke in the same league , surely Sunderland are a bigger team.

Anyway what next , Michael ONeill to Dundee Hivs.
Mowbray in at Sunderland

They genuinely looked like they had the makings of a decent side in that first game against AZ Alkmaar. Fletcher and Middleton up top looked like they would cause defences problems.

Something has to have happened either before, during or after the second leg in the Netherlands as their performances since haven't just been a poorly managed side struggling, there has barely even been any effort from their players, all the makings of a team who collectively wanted their manager binned.

I think its a definite that he lost the dressingroom, no way they get scudded by 7 & 9 otherwise. I would be pissed off if I was a DU fan that the players had no pride at all. But as I am not, I will laugh heartily!

Ah well, never mind eh, surely he never manages a premier League team again, he's done at this level. Wonder who'll they'll get to replace him at that cesspit, coughs " another incompetent idiot"

Jack Ross, coming to a Sportscene sofa near you soon.
A BBC Shortbread spokesperson said, "We are delighted to welcome Jack Ross to the team where he will share expert opinions and analysis of the games alongside our other resident expert Michael Stewart."

I am more shocked this didn't happened directly after the game on Sunday. He has clearly lost the dressing room. I have only seen the highlights but the lack of effort being shown by the players at their goals was unbelievable. No one was tracking runs, no one putting their body on the line, jogging back it looked shambolic.

I think the DU squad need some home truths such as no heating in the house and going starving ... step forward the one and only Mark McGhee, for comedic value if nothing else.

The guy is clearly a fraud and has got jobs on the back of being reasonably eloquent. This is all it takes to set you apart from much of the amoeba employed in Scottish football.

He'd be far better wrapping the manager gig and getting on the pundit bandwagon. You don't even need to be especially erudite to do it!

Isn’t it strange that those who get a good write-up by the Press eventually fall from favour. However, like many others, I too thought he was a decent coach. A bit cerebral in his approach and perhaps a lot of the players at DUFC were not capable of taking his approach on board. If, as he says, he was a Dundee fan as a boy perhaps he can cross the street and do something there.

Just looked at the recent results and it's funny.

He is gonna be another classic also ran manager who gets hired and fired throughout Scotland

This sacking has come as quite a shock. Has any reason been given for it?
Perhaps his managerial skills were judged to be short of the required level.
Jute, Jam, Journalism and Jack.
Another kick in the balls for the letter J in Dundee.

So they'll be looking for a "new manager bounce" when they come to Ibrox.

I hope we take 10 off the fuckers, in the first half.

The guy is clearly a fraud and has got jobs on the back of being reasonably eloquent. This is all it takes to set you apart from much of the amoeba employed in Scottish football.

He'd be far better wrapping the manager gig and getting on the pundit bandwagon. You don't even need to be especially erudite to do it!
If anything you just need to know how to piss off the broadest spectrum of football following viewers/listeners as possible to make a good career out of it. If you can drum up an audience of folk howling about your controversial/wind-up opinions, you're onto a winner

'Tannadice has not known such European splendour for an age, but this was a night that conjured the spirit of the late, great Jim McLean and the extraordinary conquests of his storied United teams.

The old stadium was a seething mass of orange, barely a seat to be had, and it rocked and juddered as United found their rhythm.'

26 days ago :))
The commentators on their club channel were waxing lyrical about the best squad build in years and looking beyond the group stages... haahhaahaaaahaaa

He actually had a pretty good win % in his jobs previous to Dundee Hibs.

I am more shocked this didn't happened directly after the game on Sunday. He has clearly lost the dressing room. I have only seen the highlights but the lack of effort being shown by the players at their goals was unbelievable. No one was tracking runs, no one putting their body on the line, jogging back it looked shambolic.
Yeah, just looked at the goals. No effort at all at some points. Only one player booked, Fletcher very early on. must Have hardly made a tackle.

Not surprised he has been sacked after recent results, but their penchant to be annihilated of late is really odd.

Back