Jake Hastie

He was very exciting at Motherwell, always looked as though he was going to cause mayhem cutting in off the right and often did.

Get him back up here, and give him to us on loan. He would thrive in front of a semi-large crowd and he’s probably the kind of player Stendel would like.

One thing I like about Rangers right now is a good nucleus of British players, Shagger, Tav, Goldson, Davis, Jack, Kent. It’s terrific to see and how wonderful it would be for Gerrard to put the foundations in place for a new Rangers era of top homegrown talents, Hastie imo could be one of them.

Heard he isn’t settled down there and is desperate to get up the road. A loan to Hamilton or the likes would be good for him and us I think.

I think on what I've seen, Hastie would have been a better option from the bench compared to Barker. That's not to knock Barker as he may need a little more time to showcase what he has.

I'd even give him a loan in the championship up here. He would play a lot, probably be quite successful and find his game again. I would imagine his confidence might be quite low if he is not getting the games he wants and if he has not settled to the area that makes it tough to perform too.

He was dropped by Motherwell when he signed his pre contract with us their fans snubbed him at a player of the year night and hate him for signing for us

He was very exciting at Motherwell, always looked as though he was going to cause mayhem cutting in off the right and often did.

Get him back up here, and give him to us on loan. He would thrive in front of a semi-large crowd and he’s probably the kind of player Stendel would like.

One thing I like about Rangers right now is a good nucleus of British players, Shagger, Tav, Goldson, Davis, Jack, Kent. It’s terrific to see and how wonderful it would be for Gerrard to put the foundations in place for a new Rangers era of top homegrown talents, Hastie imo could be one of them.
Aribo , Kamara, Defoe and Arfield are all British.

Rate the lad , just something about him one loan club shouldn't finish his career with us would like him to get a go at Hamilton on loan fans seem not bad and Rice seems to be trying to play the right way only problem the pitch mind you its the best of the three up here but still plastic

I can't argue with that mate. I just feel that we need the lad playing to improve him or sell him on.

My personal opinion was we should have loaned him straight back to Motherwell where he was doing well. Although even when he did well there did they not recall him from a loan to a lower league team when he wasn’t playing?

At the very worst he can come back and take Ojo and Barker's role as backup/squad player winger

Back