Jake Hastie

My personal opinion was we should have loaned him straight back to Motherwell where he was doing well. Although even when he did well there did they not recall him from a loan to a lower league team when he wasn’t playing?

If I'm honest mate, I wasn't convinced by him signing in the first place. I'm no football manager though, so go with the flow. Time will tell.

Another player of ours who's been mismanaged by his loan club.

Imo he should be brought back and assessed by the management then loaned out to a team in our league the same should apply to McCrorie.

He sounds very English , I know he was born in Finland but couldn't find anything on his upbringing apart from spending a while in arsenal's academy .

He moved to London with his mom when he was 13. His parents are from Sierra Leone. Glen started in Southend United and then moved to Arsenal academy

Saw Hastie against Celtic towards the end of last season after the Rangers speculation and thought he was brutal.

Poor signing.

Really surprised we didn't send him back on loan to Motherwell. Motherwell fan I know in work was convinced they would be getting him back. It was madness to take him out a team when he was doing really well.

True bud. I honestly thought at the start of the season Ojo was going to be massive for us. I still think there is a player there and the second half of the season hopefully he realises that himself.
The boy looks talented enough at times just can’t do it against teams with a decent quality of player. I fully expect him to be a English league 1 level player in a few years. He just doesn’t have the appetite and game intelligence to play at a higher level.

Really want more of our fringe players loaned out to SPL sides, anything that helps the others take points off the poets is a goid thing.

when the deal was done I thought we should of just left him at Motherwell to keep getting game time and progress until we were ready to use him
England isn't the best place to send players in my opinion, I would rather see players go to the Low Countries like Holland and Belgium.
These are leagues where there is a huge emphasis on technical football.
The physical part of football found in English lower leagues isn't a great finishing school and that is demonstrated by why so many EPL teams go abroad for players who can make an impact in their first teams rather than fish in their own waters.
Maybe I am wrong and perhaps there are stats to prove I am wrong, but it is certainly an impression one is left with when you view starting elevens each week in the EPL.

If we had no plans to use him we should’ve offered less money and given him straight back on a 12 month loan.

Get the boy back up the road,loan him to another premier league team and let him do damage to our rivals,i think there's a player there,give him time to develop

Another player of ours who's been mismanaged by his loan club.

Imo he should be brought back and assessed by the management then loaned out to a team in our league the same should apply to McCrorie.

Just because he's not getting a game doesn't mean he's being mismanaged by Rotherham mate.

Would you say we've mismanaged Ojo?

Part of a player's career development is learning to knuckle down and work hard to regain your place in the team, if you've underperformed and lost it.

No player should have a god given right to start every game, especially if he's not performing to the best of his ability.

Both Hastie and McCrorie started well and then had a couple of poor games and the manager changed the team.

Would you expect Gerrard to continually select Ojo, even if he's playing poorly?

Gerrard sent McCrorie and Hastie down south to challenge them to develop the weaker parts of their game and get up to Rangers standard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back