Jake Hastie

England isn't the best place to send players in my opinion, I would rather see players go to the Low Countries like Holland and Belgium.
These are leagues where there is a huge emphasis on technical football.
The physical part of football found in English lower leagues isn't a great finishing school and that is demonstrated by why so many EPL teams go abroad for players who can make an impact in their first teams rather than fish in their own waters.
Maybe I am wrong and perhaps there are stats to prove I am wrong, but it is certainly an impression one is left with when you view starting elevens each week in the EPL.
This is a good point as I've often thought it would be beneficial for british youngsters to try a different league/country. Only issue is they go abroad and learn in a more technically demanding league then come back to us and get battered week in week out by the hatchet men here. Scotland is probably the only league in Europe where the ball is often redundant

If he’s not doing the business down there, get him up here with a projected top 6 club. Means he can do more damage to them lot, and then can’t play against us.

Our loans down south haven't worked out this season, certainly not the way it did for Greg Docherty last year.

Rate the lad , just something about him one loan club shouldn't finish his career with us would like him to get a go at Hamilton on loan fans seem not bad and Rice seems to be trying to play the right way only problem the pitch mind you its the best of the three up here but still plastic

Hamilton is a good shout and as for the pitch we need to play on them so will give him experience of them, which might benefit us in future

Hamilton is a good shout and as for the pitch we need to play on them so will give him experience of them, which might benefit us in future

The problem I see with that mate is that he left the 3rd best team in the league to sign for us and going to Hamilton would seem like a career regression to him.

Saw Hastie against Celtic towards the end of last season after the Rangers speculation and thought he was brutal.

Poor signing.
So you saw him play one game and decided he is a poor signing?

Do people on this forum never learn not to write people off after 90 minutes

The problem I see with that mate is that he left the 3rd best team in the league to sign for us and going to Hamilton would seem like a career regression to him.

Good point but right now imo he needs games if he has to go to Hamilton then so be it.

Sometimes need take a step back to go forward - the boy defo has ability

I see Hastie in the same way I'm seeing Docherty.
In from the premiership should mean they are ready and good enough. Their loan spells to me suggest there is maybe no future here for them unfortunately. Same with McCrorie.
The calibre we need I doubt is coming from Motherwell and Hamilton unfortunately.

Good point but right now imo he needs games if he has to go to Hamilton then so be it.

Sometimes need take a step back to go forward - the boy defo has ability

He definitely has ability mate, but if he comes back to Scotland, I would prefer to see him in a top 6 team or even more so Hearts.

He'll be playing under pressure there, as there is huge expectation on them to climb the league.

The new manager likes his teams to play football too apparently.

I don't think Hastie will make the grade, but I'd love to be wrong.

Funny enough i think the complete opposite, as i think given time under our coaching staff, he could turn out to be a very good winger.
It takes time to adjust to playing with a big club like Rangers, as a player is under constant pressure to produce the goods in every game he plays, compared to playing with a provincial club.
I think he's one for the future.

Back