James McArthur evidence that bang average players can hold their own in the EPL?

He's a very good tidy and effective midfielder, he's not flashy which probably doesnt enhance some peoples opinions of him.

How do you explain his inability to not get a game for an absolutely dire Scotland side?

For me that's a dross player. He's a headless chicken that can't pass

David Robertson couldn’t get in the Scotland team ahead of tosh McKinley.

I wouldn’t use Scotland appearances as a barometer for anything.

The English premier isn’t the best league in the world ,fact.

It’s the richest ,fact.

I can watch 2 or 3 of the top team clashes but see the rest of it your Everton’s v Crystal Palace kind of games you can ram it ,crap .

How do you explain his inability to not get a game for an absolutely dire Scotland side?

For me that's a dross player. He's a headless chicken that can't pass

Bobby Russell, John Brown, Davie Cooper .pitiful amount of caps for their collective talent, thus I don’t get your point.

I've always thought he was an incredibly limited player but seems to play week in week out down south. The fact he couldn't even get a game for Scotland shows how poor a player he is. Imagine him trying to play week in week out in La Liga, he'd look like Ross Tokely at his worst
That’s a fucking hilarious post :D

Imagine thinking that getting Scotland caps would define your standing as a player?!

“Incredibly limited...” :D

Think of him playing how Ryan Jack plays or is supposed to play for us.

McArtur chips in with goals and his fair share of assists or involvement with Palace play

Has the OP ever seen McArthur play in the EPL?

I attended the Palace v Burnley game last week and he was outstanding.
Does all the dirty work that in the main tends to go unnoticed.
I would rather trust the judgement of an ex England manager than the OP.

Back