James Tarkowski

That’s been said for years now.
What’s going to cause it?
Maybe the hole in uefas money £300 million and counting then there is the tv money that is surely owed back to tv companies.Would love to say this would cause shockwaves but it’s wishful thinking.

Maybe the hole in uefas money £300 million and counting then there is the tv money that is surely owed back to tv companies.Would love to say this would cause shockwaves but it’s wishful thinking.
Yes.
Thing is, there are few beneficiaries here.
Any profit the selling clubs make, they need to spend to keep up.
Of course, the players and their agents make, as does the VAT man.
Point I’m making here is that if clubs could control of themselves, they could turn a lot of those fees into profit to reinvest.

Yes.
Thing is, there are few beneficiaries here.
Any profit the selling clubs make, they need to spend to keep up.
Of course, the players and their agents make, as does the VAT man.
Point I’m making here is that if clubs could control of themselves, they could turn a lot of those fees into profit to reinvest.
Agree mate it’s more a case of wishing it would fall apart down south than actually expecting it to.

English International centre back ... whats the going rate for one of them?

slab head was 70m + John Stones 50m ?

in today ridiculous English bubble hes probably worth somewhere in the middle.

With every ludicrous deal they’re setting more and more precedents and it’s only going to get worse.

And the English clubs are mouthing off about asking the government to bail them out due to covid! Having a giraffe, no self awareness or sense of reality. Football down there is donald ducked.

English teams get so much TV revenue now that even teams like Burnley are under no pressure to sell to anyone

Heard this for years now

To be fair it is inevitable. Its just a matter of when not if. Clubs are running unsustainably high levels of debt. All it would take is a minor reduction in money for the next tv deal and you would soon see a domino effect happen. Obviously the tv deals may be strong the next few times, but eventually it will happen and you will see a market correction

One of Burnley's best players who keeps them up in a league that pays out hundreds of million. Why do people pretend to be shocked

To be fair it is inevitable. Its just a matter of when not if. Clubs are running unsustainably high levels of debt. All it would take is a minor reduction in money for the next tv deal and you would soon see a domino effect happen. Obviously the tv deals may be strong the next few times, but eventually it will happen and you will see a market correction

Wishful thinking. It's a long way off at the moment.

They are attracting the best managers and the best players are starting to follow suit so the deal is going to keep increasing.

Outwith Liverpool and City, the quality of the EPL is the lowest it's been in almost a couple of decades. Soulless, corporate guff that just leaves me cold. Everyone buzzing to see which one of City or Liverpool runs away with it this year and see Norwich replace West Brom at the end of the year? Christ, almost forgot about the battle for fourth. Which billion pound squad will miss out this year?! How exciting.

Wishful thinking. It's a long way off at the moment.

They are attracting the best managers and the best players are starting to follow suit so the deal is going to keep increasing.

Possibly mate, I've no idea when it's just that the rate of football fee inflation is rapidly outstripping economic growth. So I cant see how its infinitely sustainable.

Heres a scenario though. Say the European clubs form a breakaway league. Sky then plow all of their money into that, leaving a pittance left for the EPL. All of a sudden clubs would start going bust left right and centre. Competition for transfers dies, and player fees start to fall globally. I dont think thats unrealistic and certainly possible within the next 20yrs. The rich will always be fine, its the middle tier, the likes of Villa, Leeds etc who will crumble

They're talking about 40 million for Lewis Dunk and Tarkowski is slightly younger. There's not a lot between them in terms of ability; if anything big Tarky edges it. Mental money though.

Sean Dyche is like the embodiment of brexit. That "Messi is signing for Burnley" patter he kept trying to brute force this week was :oops:

I used to buy him on fantasy football to make up my subs bench....

Its madness to think he is now a £50m defender...

According to TalkSPORT he’s not keen on going to West Ham. Why go after a player who’s not wanting to go there and will definitely only be going for the money if he does end up there. Leicester also seem keen but no bids.
I know money talks but you’d like to think the player has some interest in going to your club before signing and not just for the money.

Good defender, but anything over £20m even in the current market is obscene.

I would be genuinely gutted if we were in that league and blowing that sort of money on players of that level.

Keep hearing if we moved south we could hold our own initially but we’d need a lot more than the sky money. The sky money would only buy 2 or 3 players at these figures

According to TalkSPORT he’s not keen on going to West Ham. Why go after a player who’s not wanting to go there and will definitely only be going for the money if he does end up there. Leicester also seem keen but no bids.
I know money talks but you’d like to think the player has some interest in going to your club before signing and not just for the money.

Footballers are by in large mercenaries. If the asset can keep [insert any bottom half team] in the premiership, then the footballing business won’t give flying either.

Back