jamie murphy

He was winning us games before the Killie injury, and is a very good player. Considering we need decent width and players who can add goals, Jamie has that and more. He also linked well with Alfie and was a key member of the team. I say get him games and he will do a good job.

One who should definitely be kept, a step up on the likes of Ojo and Barker.

Pre injury he was a match winner for us arguably one of our best players at the time.
His 7 goals and 2 assists from 10 games out on loan prove that he is still very effective and for me he’s someone who deserves another chance and hopefully he can preform.

Last edited:
You'll awaken the 'he's not good enough for where we want to be.' brigade.

Apparently an attacking player who can actually score and set up goals isn't needed at Rangers. Could have fooled me the last two seasons.

Last edited:
I had actually totally forgotten all about him. He was decent when he first signed but the team were crap so maybe why he stood out. Honestly don’t think we’ll be seeing much of him this year.

He’s a good player. Proved it during his loan spell. Would love to see him smash a few home for us, and I feel we really need squad depth this year so hopefully he’ll get game time.
My cousin goes and watches Derby. She said he was head and shoulders above anyone else on the park when they played Burton.

You'll awaken the 'he's not good enough for where we want to be brigade'.

Apparently an attacking player who can actually score and set up goals isn't needed at Rangers. Could have fooled me the last two seasons.

He's not good enough for where we want to be.

tenor.gif

He's never really been able to play for us. He joined in that abortion of a season under Murty, the following season he suffered that horrible injury and he's barely played since.
There's no doubt he's a good player, what used to annoy me most under Murty was he always came inside and across the pitch rather than drive forward, at the start under Gerrard he looked more direct.

I hope he makes an impact for us, he is better than the likes of Barker and Kamberi but his age and injury might be too much for him.

Not good enough to be coming off the bench and contributing throughout the season? Starting in cup games against poorer opposition when our best 11 need a rest? Not better than Barker jones or Stewart? He's a very cable squad player and I think now he's fit he'll play apart next season

Nope. Get rid. We won’t win 55 with Jamie.

Covid has really made me harsh.

What is there to suggest this? The way people are talking we will end up with 11 players and no bench or reserves. Murphy is very good and deserves his chance, he’s a proven goalscorer and attacking threat from the wing.

Better than the backup we had last season (19/20) a definite improvement on Barker or Ojo. The type of quality we need in terms of depth to actually challenge for trophies.

If fit, definitely a keeper. He’s bordering on starter but at least a decent sub.

Saying that, we probably need better in his position if we are going to win leagues.

What is there to suggest this? The way people are talking we will end up with 11 players and no bench or reserves. Murphy is very good and deserves his chance, he’s a proven goalscorer and attacking threat from the wing.

Better than the backup we had last season (19/20) a definite improvement on Barker or Ojo. The type of quality we need in terms of depth to actually challenge for trophies.
He was slower than a week in jail before the injury. Let’s face it, he didn’t set the heather on fire either pre-injury.

The amount of people that don’t understand that we need to bring in first team starters is flabbergasting. Bring in first team starters, the current first team sit on the bench, the Greg Doherty’s and Jamie Murphy’s of this world are surplus to requirements.

It’s simple, but many still want to stick with Greg and Jamie because they’re nice guys.

I’m sick of coming second. Time to change.

He was slower than a week in jail before the injury. Let’s face it, he didn’t set the heather on fire either pre-injury.

The amount of people that don’t understand that we need to bring in first team starters is flabbergasting. Bring in first team starters, the current first team sit on the bench, the Greg Doherty’s and Jamie Murphy’s of this world are surplus to requirements.

It’s simple, but many still want to stick with Greg and Jamie because they’re nice guys.

Well he actually did fairly well in a shite team. He managed a number of goals and assists for us.

And most of us know we need to bring in players who’ll go right into the starting line up. But we’re not “bringing in” Murphy, he’s already our player so we might as well try and utilise him, even if it is more as a squad player.

Pre- injury he had played 21 games domestically with 5 goals and 11 assists.

Pre injury he stood out and was head and shoulders above most of our team as crap as we were.

Post injury he’s regained his form at Burton Albion and was great for them. He will easily be effective in SPL games and gives us another option.

We are ALL fed up of being second best but we aren’t going to go out and sign a new starting 11, using players like Murphy and having an extra option will help us to win trophies. We can’t just go out and buy a new squad every summer.

One who should definitely be kept, a step up on the likes of Ojo and Barker.

Pre injury he was a match winner for us arguably one of our best players at the time.
His 7 goals and 2 assists from 10 games out on loan prove that he is still very effective and for me he’s someone who deserves another chance and hopefully he can preform.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing though and I say that as a fan of Jamie Murphy. Loaning him out was the right thing to do given he never played for a year so the games have definitely helped in terms of fitness.

He's better than Jones and Barker and is a match winner but I will be surprised if he's still here come the end of the window.

He’s looked sharp in the training videos. He’s a level about Stewart, Barker, Jones etc that get moaned about consistently.

I think Murphy will be kept and mostly feature from the bench. A fit Jamie Murphy is a great option to have.

I reckon Stewart will be in the same boat and he'll be kept.

Jones and Barker I reckon will be gone and I think young Middleton will go back out on loan, hopefully to someone like Ross County like Stevie Kelly, although I wouldn't be surprised to see him potentially go tear up the Championship with Hearts either.

Back