jamie murphy

Murphy is outright incapable of doing some of what Kent brings to the team.

Kent simply does not give the goals and assists you’d expect from him considering the money spent. If Murphy is indeed a worse option, it’s not by much. He should definitely be in about the squad until Kent reaches the heights the management team believe he can get to. Hopefully it’s this season, we need it.

Murphy is capable of taking the ball in tight spaces and creating a wee yard of space to either pass or shoot.

Something I think most will agree wee lacked last year.

Intelligent as well will fit in with better players round about him than what he had under Murty.

One who should definitely be kept, a step up on the likes of Ojo and Barker.

Pre injury he was a match winner for us arguably one of our best players at the time.
His 7 goals and 2 assists from 10 games out on loan prove that he is still very effective and for me he’s someone who deserves another chance and hopefully he can preform.

I do agree that he was surely as good an option as the likes of Ojo, Barker, Jones, etc, but I also think people have a tendency to over egg his pre injury form with us.

I felt he was decent, but not the match winner he’s often made out to be, and really, I can’t understand folk holding up loan form for League One and Two sides as some sort of badge of merit worthy of a first team place at Ibrox.

I think he probably featured yesterday prior to going out on loan again.

I do agree that he was surely as good an option as the likes of Ojo, Barker, Jones, etc, but I also think people have a tendency to over egg his pre injury form with us.

I can’t understand folk holding up loan form for League One and Two sides as some sort of badge of merit worthy of a first team place at Ibrox.

We play in Scotland mate, bar us and them that’s the level of Scottish Football.

We need players who are better than that if we want to win the title.

Yes we need the core starters and a strong bench to be better than that level, which Murphy is btw.

But we need other options for backup players who will actually effect and change a game, especially against lower level opponent, Jamie Murphy is one of those players.

Murphy and Jones are great options, definitely the sort of players that can contribute for us, still think we could do with a big signing on the right side considering Kent and the aforementioned like to play on the left

Yes we need the core starters and a strong bench to be better than that level, which Murphy is btw.

But we need other options for backup players who will actually effect and change a game, especially against lower level opponent, Jamie Murphy is one of those players.

If Murphy is better than that level, why is it he’s not getting a game?

Admittedly he was injured for a long time and his loan at Burton could be viewed as a way of helping him return to full fitness, but I strongly suspect, at the age of 31 and with a serious ACL injury behind him, he probably isn’t going to be the player we originally hoped he’d be and more than likely will go out on loan again with view to a permanent move elsewhere.

The bottom line for me is that we still lack two or three players of a level above anything we have at the club if we want to win the title, and Jamie Murphy isn’t one of them.

Murphy is a very good option for us, even if he gets most of his minutes off the bench he is a much better footballer than the likes of Barker. No idea why anyone who has actually watched him for Rangers would be unsure of his qualities and what he brings to the squad.

He never looks elegant, but somehow he is effective. I’d be quite happy to see him in the squad this year. Hard to see him as a regular starter, but if he was to, say, start 10 games and have double that in substitute appearances then that would be a decent return for us.

I previously felt as though his time may have been up with us after that horror injury but I get the feeling now that he may be a vital part of our squad in the coming season. For his attitude and tenacity he truly deserves it.

Back