January Transfer Window – How Much Money Do You Give Caixinha?

CoplandRoad

Presuming he gets there.
Board are in a corner but really have to back their man again.
I reckon he may get another 2-3M and after that he must finish 2nd.
How do you see it ?

I think the fact he didn’t get any more after we got knocked out of Europe was telling. Dorrans was already done by all accounts.

I don’t expect him to be here come January, but if he is I can’t see them gambling much more.

Maybe enough to bring in Jamie Walker, but I’d be surprised if we see any more Mexican or Portuguese gambles arrive.

we need :

2 fullbacks

a player in midfield to "boss" the games

a player in midfield that can control a game and pick a pass to unlock defences

a proven goalscorer .

probably another 2 players in our "difficult" positions ie , left midfield .

in total 6-7 players that would cost around the 10 million mark .

that's what we need . the board won't give him that even if they had it .

We need someone to hoover up any decent Bosmans on pre contracts before we spend cash; Walker, McLean, Morgan.
Moult I can see sign for Celtic most likely and they will be on the scene when it comes to Morgan as well.

If we can get 2/3 of the 'free agents in the summer' on a pre-contract then that in itself would be decent business before we pay any fees. Although witha bit of a fee we could possibly get them in January, which we may actually need.

I think the fact he didn’t get any more after we got knocked out of Europe was telling. Dorrans was already done by all accounts.

I don’t expect him to be here come January, but if he is I can’t see them gambling much more.

Maybe enough to bring in Jamie Walker, but I’d be surprised if we see any more Mexican or Portuguese gambles arrive.

Think you are spot on - he is a "dead man walking" as can see no way we will survive the 3 big away games in December undefeated (assuming of course he lasts that long).

I'd give him nothing. His ramblings about having one transfer window yesterday were laughable. He got the backing he wanted and signed players who'd be a huge gamble. It's fair to say only Candieas has been the only success so far from the players he brought to the table, even Alves has been hit and miss.

I'd give him nothing. His ramblings about having one transfer window yesterday were laughable. He got the backing he wanted and signed players who'd be a huge gamble. It's fair to say only Candieas has been the only success so far from the players he brought to the table, even Alves has been hit and miss.

Ryan Jack has been very good for us.
Before yesterday Dorrans was seen as Steven Davis 2.0 by many on here.
Candieas has been outstanding.
Morelos has been outstanding.
Alves is a solid defender.
Cardoso will make us a decent profit should fulfil the potential he clearly has.
Herrera has hardly featured, has scored some important goals for us.
Pena has quality, it's just a matter of getting it out of him.
Dalcio and Nemane are loans.

I think it's incredibly unfair to bash his transfer dealings.

We can't afford any wasted transfer windows. If they are backing him then they need to get him better players. If not backing him then sack him. Suspect the DoF is likely to be making the signings though

How much do you think he would have needed to spend to get players that weren’t a gamble? How many fantasy millions?

He shouldn't get a penny more. Its clear he can't be trusted after the monumental amount of money he has wasted on Pena & Herrera.

He shouldn't get a penny more. Its clear he can't be trusted after the monumental amount of money he has wasted on Pena & Herrera.
Agreed. Any more signings in January should be freebies and ideally Scottish and know the league.

Other than Pena he has actually done quite well in the transfer market but I would have thought it's the DoF that is in charge of the signings now pedro just tells him what he wants.

Lets be honest, if the board don't trust him to spend a penny more then he should be sacked now and get a new manager in to get his own players in January

We all know Pedro wants Walker & Mclean so if he's here then he would still want to bring them in I would imagine. They are also 2 players that a new manager would work with so its no real risk. Maybe after Sunday we will actually go and get Moult who knows.

I think we can certainly forget about bringing in anymore foreign players as we have enough. Think people are being a bit harsh because Pedro has recruited some good players and they are better than the shit we had last season. Candeias , Alves , Jack , Dorrans & Morelas have all proved to be an upgrade on last season. Also Herrera needs more games before he can be judged. Dury still out on Pena who needs a good performance tomorrow.

I would be happy with Walker in January so we can then drop Windass which might give him a kick up the arse. Then maybe a loan signing aswell. Other than that there is no need to go signing mad in January its difficult. A few Pre-contracts would be good like Moult , Mclean & Morgan. We should also try and get James Mcarthur from Palace he is also out on contract in the summer.

Pedro deserves criticism for many things,his quality of signings is not anywhere near the top of the list.
The two Mexicans have so far struggled,which is not unusual for players from that neck of the world.
Cardoso,Alves,Jack,Dorrans,Candeias and Morelos are considerable upgrades on the shite Warburton left us with-and will get better.

Walter,Eck,Advocaat all spent considerable sums on players that didn't cut it at Rangers as well as the successful ones that made it.Some sigings work out and some don't.

But hey,don't let that stop you using it for the hateful agenda train towards our current manager a lot of our own seem desperate to jump on.It's actually pathetic.

I guess we need to spend two to three hundred million to get a couple of good midfielders, and the same amount again to cover their wages...:rolleyes:

Reactions: TQ3
People here have been slating McIness. "He's not good enough, etc" but here we are thinking it will take Pedro another 2-3M to get 2nd after him spending £8m in the summer. DM spent 600k.

Sorry for Pedro, but I think we need a strong experienced manager with experience of British football. Someone who will take no crap and drive us on. Give him that money, some time with the players in Jan and go from there. Get a manager who wants to build us up over the next 5 years but has the character and knowledge/ contacts to actually be able to do it.

Presuming he gets there.
Board are in a corner but really have to back their man again.
I reckon he may get another 2-3M and after that he must finish 2nd.
How do you see it ?
I do not think he will be here in Jan I may be wrong but his whole body language and the way he threw his players under the bus tells me he has had enough and is working his ticket also the rumours surrounding his wife's inability to settle in Scotland to me all adds up to an early exit but we shall see.

People here have been slating McIness. "He's not good enough, etc" but here we are thinking it will take Pedro another 2-3M to get 2nd after him spending £8m in the summer. DM spent 600k.

Exactly & this season he is currently level on points with the manky mob.

Isn't the DoF calling the shots now on transfers ?

Before the DoF was appointed, Caixinha explained how the relationship would work. He said it would release him from much of the administration and negotiation duties, however he was quite clear that he'd make the final decision on signings.

Exactly. Do people not remember the shape Aberdeen were in before he took over.

Mcinnes took over Aberdeen towards the end of the 2012/2013 seas0n from Craig Brown. For 4 years Aberdeen finished 8th or 9th under Brown. Since Mcinnes took over they have finished 2nd 3 times and 3rd once. He dramatically changed them with not a big budget. Our aim at this moment should be to get second then worry about Celtic later. I don't know if Pedro has it in him to get second tbh. Time may tell.

And how long has he had to build that team and get them playing together? But it's easier just to take a daft stat and use that as a stick to beat Pedro with, isn't it?

And how long has he had to build that team and get them playing together? But it's easier just to take a daft stat and use that as a stick to beat Pedro with, isn't it?

A lot changed at Aberdeen over the summer. Most here were happy that his squad was falling apart. They lost a lot of their best players. He recruited excellently.

To be fair the guy has only started to rebuild the team,while getting rid of the dross Warburton left us with,he's had one window to turn it around and will still need two or three more. I think there are improvements in the team,but he needs battlers and Sunday would have made that obvious to him and given his criticism of the team,I think he will have a rethink. He is spot on in his criticism and I'm glad to hear what he said. If you can't turn up and play in front of that tremendous support then something is wrong. The gaffer cannot legislate for players not performing,the least he would have been expecting is for us to fight.

You either keep him on and back him or don't. Keeping him on but not allowing him to sign anyone is setting him up for failure and then you can say lucky we didn't give him anymore money.

First off I’d say ‘Pedro we are signing precontracts with Walker, Moult and McLean there is no debate on this’. Then I’d say to him who do you want in January? Right lets see them and we will decide. You cannot sign anymore second rate heartless Mexican and Portuguese ‘cowards’. The three I mentioned would not be bullied by anyone they might not win us the SPFL but we’d be much closer.

Back