World Cup 2022 Japan v Croatia, Brazil v South Korea - Monday 5th

But Woodgate and Faubert weren’t Madrid class though? That was proven by how poor their Madrid careers were and the fact they never excelled at any other top club. You’d have a point there if things had worked out for them there.

I’ll be absolutely stunned if he ends up at Madrid, unless it’s a short term loan to cover for injuries or something like that, akin to Adebayor.
The guy is Brazil's main striker and has scored 20 goals for them in 41 games. (Basically a goal a game).

Clearly he is good enough to play for Madrid.

He's not comparable to the very average players who have played for them. He's probably more comparable to the likes of Robinho or Morata, who were quite good strikers and not terrible for Madrid.

Got to say, after the beginning of the wc, which I really wasn't up for, I've enjoyed it after getting used to it being played at this time of the year.
Some good games.
A couple of observations:
1. Is there less play acting and feigning injury than before?
2. Is Qatar using rent a crowd or has the world truly become a melting pot? Camera shots of many fans decked out in a particular country’s strip look like locals.
3. Borna had a more normal game and not so many Gio-mandated stop the ball, take a second, look up, swivel round, pass the ball backwards moments.

The heatmap of Brazil’s attack and South Korea’s defence in the first half is interesting
F70-E971-B-0520-4297-AB6-C-05796-B6-CE6-FF.jpg

The guy is Brazil's main striker and has scored 20 goals for them in 41 games. (Basically a goal a game).

He's not comparable to the very average players who have played for them. He's probably more comparable to the likes of Robinho or Morata, who were quite good strikers and not terrible for Madrid.
Morata has 30 in 60 for Spain yet Madrid didn’t think he was worthy, even some Spanish fans don’t think so. Giroud isn’t far off a 1 in 2 ratio for France and that’s over an 100 plus game sample size, but his records with Arsenal and Chelsea aren’t anything to write home about and I’m pretty sure Madrid wouldn’t have touched him with a barge pole.

How is that basically one goal a game?

I’m pumped for Borna getting through btw
Particularly as the commentary mentioned the 19th Century Terrorist shirts in the crowd supporting odd job
I also could only listen on TalkSport and Cascarino is another fake lady's front bottom rattler who was devastated that the Japanese went out.
Mon the Croats

Honestly man, throwing ex players at us like this, at least give some valuable input.

Still rather her than Dion Dublin though.

Are you Eni Aluko?

The way many on here treat our own is behaviour totally out of keeping with being a proper supporter, especially when, as I suspect, many who make such comments would be hard pushed to kick their own arse far less know how to play football to any decent level.
The boy he was against is absolutely rapid as well. Speed has never been his strength so it’s up to the coach/team to ensure he gets supported and not left on his own with him.

Think they will come to the end of the road v Brazil though.

The boy he was against is absolutely rapid as well. Speed has never been his strength so it’s up to the coach/team to ensure he gets supported and not left on his own with him.

Think they will come to the end of the road v Brazil though.
Yeh, I think you might be correct.

You would have thought that Brazil performance may have taken the wind out of some English sails.
But nope.
Could see the media get nasty later on should England fail.

Back