Jason Cummings scores on Australia debut

Love Cummings, like to see former players do well.

These Scottish guys that play for Canada/Australia are living the dream, some leap from Dundee.

Aye mate.

I remember being there and bricking it because there was still about 25 minutes to go when they scored their 5th.

Alnwick actually pulled off some great saves to keep it at 5.
I was expecting a beating in this game but it got to about 40 minutes at only 1-0 and I thought it might not be too bad. It was 3 by half time and 5 by 50 so that idea quickly went out the window.

Only played Friendlies for Scotland
Daft rule, think it also applies to Declan Rice/ Grealish with ROI and England. Surely a senior cap should count as a senior cap.

Diego Costa who wasn't good enough for the Brazil team then getting capped for Spain another shambles.

I think Qatar are also guilty of this. They definitely are in other sports- get talented athletes from poorer countries (Africans, South Americans) to move there, citizenship etc, then national team for athletics/ handball/ football.

International football becoming more like club football the more this is allowed to go on

No I don’t want him back at Ibrox as he is not good enough by along way but I hope he manages to forge out a decent career for himself in Australia. He will always be remembered as a colourful and engaging character but whose skills on the park were unfortunately well below what a club as Glasgow Rangers FC requires and that is my honest and brutal assessment.

he's a daft boy, some talent there but would never make the grade at Rangers or be able to behave long enough to make it work. As for getting capped for Australia, I'm not sure why anyone would care. he's currently with Josh Doig's sister isn't he?

Done next to nothing for us but revered for his banter. If only banter put points on the board. Whenever I see his name it just reminds me of the disturbingly high number of people who wanted him to replace Morelos :))

Good luck to him though.

Just annoys me when people bring that up as if it was 19/20 Morelos and he was banging them in every game. Cummings wasn't much better granted, but they were our options at the time. I'll never forget that horrendous Morelos miss against the scum in the 3-2 game at Ibrox. Still haunts me to this day.
He was still miles ahead of Cummings even then though. He got his OF start, got bullied and blew the one golden chance he had. Even back then Morelos would have never been physically dominated by their defence.

John Souttar's brother, Harry who is Scottish, plays for Australia as well. Their mum was also born in Australia.

I think most probably agree that you should have to be born in the country to qualify playing for them. Nigel Quashie is the first one I can remember playing for Scotland who wasn't actually born here, sure there would have been people before him though.

So Gough, McCall and Goram shouldn’t have played for Scotland?

Not sure that would be the case. Parents should be as far back as you go.

Would agree but the world is tiny these days. Most kids are 3 or 4 nationalities because their parents are usually 2 each. Internationals are only going to become more and more like club football with most having a minor connection. It isn’t “my country vs your country” anymore. That can only be a good thing, but it does make the games a bit pointless.

Good luck to the boy, looks like the best thing he's done is head over to Oz as he'd only be playing Scottish championship if he stayed. Was never good enough longer term for us but played his part.

In my limited experience of the “Southern” Irish, I don’t get any hate from them.
Yes, they know my allegiances.
I don't think I have ever met or talked to anyone from Southern Ireland. It just seems to be plastic paddies that that cross my path, unfortunately.

Cummings is an Ozzie?

International football really is a joke. Nationalism makes no sense in the modern world. They be as well making up the teams from the leagues the players play in. Makes as much sense as playing for your granny’s country or the place you’ve lived for a couple of years.
Was that not talked about? If you play in a country for 5 years, you could play for that country. I am sure it was discussed that Tav and Goldson could get called up in that case.

Was that not talked about? If you play in a country for 5 years, you could play for that country. I am sure it was discussed that Tav and Goldson could get called up in that case.
His mums Australian and he has had dual nationality since birth.

If that’s the case they’d really be better off going to National league teams, since where you’re born doesn’t matter a damn anymore.

If that’s the case they’d really be better off going to National league teams, since where you’re born doesn’t matter a damn anymore.
I am pretty sure it was in the Nacho Novo time. Some thought he was in Scotland long enough to get a cap. Obviously, nothing, ever came from it. I am pretty sure it was discussed at a high level in FIFA, as there are players all over the world in the same position.

I am pretty sure it was in the Nacho Novo time. Some thought he was in Scotland long enough to get a cap. Obviously, nothing, ever came from it. I am pretty sure it was discussed at a high level in FIFA, as there are players all over the world in the same position.
I remember back in the day you used to have matches amongst the home nations, but players played for the league they played in, not the country of their birth. The Scottish League versus the English League for example. That makes more sense to me in the modern era that pretending someone is a certain nationality when really they’re not.

Back