Jimmy Calderwood

exiled bluenose

Just been on Radio Scotland with his wife talking about his dementia/ Alzheimer's. Said he loves talking about his team ,The Rangers.His wife said she sometimes takes him for a wee drive round Ibrox to cheer him up. Also said he misses hearing from football folk etc. Hopefully maybe the club can organise a wee tour or something to keep his spirits up. Good luck to him and his family anyway. Horrible disease.

Just been on Radio Scotland with his wife talking about his dementia/ Alzheimer's. Said he loves talking about his team ,The Rangers.His wife said she sometimes takes him for a wee drive round Ibrox to cheer him up. Also said he misses hearing from football folk etc. Hopefully maybe the club can organise a wee tour or something to keep his spirits up. Good luck to him and his family anyway. Horrible disease.
One of the good guys. All the best Jimmy

Would be great if the club can organise this once conditions allow.

Horrible to see suffering like this, hopefully the Club can rally round for him. All the best to Jimmy and his wife.

Only 65 , thought he was a bit older for some reason , gave his life to the game and should have been able to sit back and watch his team instead he is struck with a horrible illness.

Reactions: TNT
Dementia is horrible, my old man died a month ago after suffering for 6 years.

Jimmy has always been a true bluenose, right through his career and life he has always let it be known where his values lay. Wish him all the very best in fighting this horrible disease

One of the few managers who always gave an honest opinion when asked. Hope the club can arrange a stadium tour or possibly a hospitality day when fans are allowed back to games.

I'm not massively aware of this disease but I seen him down clydebank a few months back,. Ight have been home bargains. Do you have better days than others at certain stages of the Illness? The day I seen him it was sad, mind wise he seemed a million miles away and needed quite a lot of help from who was with him but was trying to do things himself.

Can’t believe he is only 65. Horrible illness. My grandmother has dementia and it’s as if we have lost her. Has no idea who we are.

A truly horrible disease, my gran had it for many years before she passed away aged 102. It effected not only her but our family, indirectly.

All the best to Jimmy, always a place at Ibrox for you

A dreadful disease, going through it just now and it’s heartbreaking. As much as it’s painful for the sufferer, it’s the families that are caring who suffer more.
Best wishes to jimmy and his family

Played in the school team for 5 years with Jim (as he was known then), he was the captain. Great lad and big Rangers fan. All the best to him in his fight with this horrible disease.

Shame.

Always liked him. Could tell he was a proper football man and obviously a bear as well
Jimmy is a real football man, been in his company quite a few times and loved listening to him. Called a spade a spade but a gent.

FWIW he absolutely hated warburton and called it right with him from from early on. Last time i saw him was at hospitality at Hamilton.

Another victim of heading the ball I wonder, to get it so young ?
Like others I hope the club can do something for him and asap. Could SG make him an honourary member of the coaching staff for the day perhaps?

I used to work in a care home where his dad was a resident. He had dementia too. He was treated like a vip when my colleague took him for the Ibrox tour.

That’s actually made me really sad reading that.

My mate and I passed him walking at the back of the Copland stand last season. You could tell he had that vacant look about him.
A real Rangers man who never hid his love for the club.

Back