Joe Aribo Says Goodbye

I know a young Bear that’ll be following Southampton next season and has already ordered his Aribo 55 shirt. Disappointed Joe’s leaving us but fortunate to have a Ranger to watch next season.

Don’t think I was ever beside myself with fear when Joe Aribo missed a game. Good luck to the boy, Premier League is one thing but Rangers will never be beaten in his career.

Good luck to the big man. Should be the way forward for players.

Come play for Rangers for a few years and then move on to bigger wages (note not bigger club)

What a classy guy! He goes with my best wishes. Was one of the players under the Gerrard/Gio Era I was excited to go watch every weekend / week night at Ibrox.

Wish him all the best, an absolute club hero for his part in 55 and our amazing efforts in Europe.

That Braga goal will stick with me much longer than the goal against Frankfurt just from the amazing build up.

Cheers Joe!

Always a class act for us, humble, polite, and a credit to his parents.

All the best in your forward journey fella!

Sorry to lose a great player like Joe but it's good business for someone who reportedly cost us £350k. All the best to him.

Gutted. What a talent he is, and I think he is destined for the top.

I can't remember the game, but I mind he control a ball that dropped from about a kilometer high, and was stunned.

Cheers Joe, all the best.

Farewell big man. He’s leaves on a good note. A class player and he deserves to play in EPL. He knows he’s going to a smaller club and only an better league. I wish him all the best.
One dick in the comments said Southampton are a globally better known team than Rangers so a step up. How many European finals have Southampton had? Throbber!

Doubt anyone of us expected Joe to spend his career with us. We got value from Joe as did he.

Southampton is good club to launch his PL career. Nowhere the pressure to win at all costs but by the same token, up against regular, better opposition that gives him the chance to develop his skills.

Joe goes with my best wishes. Once a Ranger, always a Ranger.

Don’t think I was ever beside myself with fear when Joe Aribo missed a game. Good luck to the boy, Premier League is one thing but Rangers will never be beaten in his career.
Enjoyed having him here when he was on form. I hope I’m proved wrong but I can’t see him excelling in the epl. There are a lot of gaps in his game. Good luck to him though.

Far too inconsistent to do anything of real note in the EPL I suspect. He’s resilient, yes, but a consistent level of his best doesn’t occur too long and rarely did he ever show up against Celtic. Southampton will be his level I suspect and any sell on will be minimal.

Thanks for the efforts, though, in Europe especially and in particular allowing us to dream in the Europa final and some incredible touches along the way and goals as well, a good big lad who more than contributes for what we paid out, we made a big profit on the boy as well.

Have to say as much as I’m rooting for him 100% I just don’t see him going “all the way to the top”. He never managed to achieve consistency in the SPL so it seems far fetched to me that he’d excel in a big way in the EPL. I hope he tears it up though that’s for sure.

He'll end up just another number in the EPL merry-go-round.
The vast majority of Old Firm games passed him by and he very rarely dominated a game for the full 90.
He was almost a luxury player at times.

Sorry to see him go. Used to love the way the ball would seem to be out of reach but he’d stretch out an extendable leg and impossibly retrieve it.

I’ll be looking at Southampton’s games with extra interest.

Back