Joe Worrall talks about his time at Ibrox

He can talk Forest up all he wants but if I were him the idea of going from Gerrard and Michael Beale to Martin O'Neill and Keane would be filling me with utter dread for my footballing future.

Progressive coaching to prehistoric dinosaurs. Give it six months and he'll be wishing his loan was 2 years.

It's one thing a young player coming up here on loan and being developed for a Chelsea or Liverpool. But a bog standard midtable Championship club ? It should never be allowed to happen again. We're better than that.

He is a Forrest man and plays for the club he clearly loves. No issue with that whatsoever. Some players fall in love with the club some don’t. How many players have had an easy ride because they say the right things or kiss the badge. Plenty who are nowhere near as good a player as . I wish him all the very best in his career

I think the Joe Worrall loan will be a learning point for our manager more than anything else. Near the end of the season I think Gerrard realised he'd made a mistake with Katic, and going forward I hope it influences the type of loan players we bring in.

Basically if we're bringing in loans they should have an immediate and positive impact on the team, as it was with Kent. We can't bring in loan signings from lesser teams just for the sake of helping them learn the game and improve, especially not if it's at the expense of our own young players.

Meh

What worries me still is Katic was dropped for him, Katic’s form was never that bad at any point in the season he needed dropped for Worrall.

Katic had one bad performance and was frozen out entirely whereas Worrall continually cost us and seemed to get away with it. I can only attribute off the pitch reasons for this. Our whole back line is better with Katic and it’s clear as day since he’s came back.

One of the mistakes SG made was breaking up the CH partnership to stick Worrall in.
He had a few good games but not enough to show the hype around his possible transfer fee

The guy hasn’t said anything wrong. He’s a Forest man, he prefers Forest to Rangers, some can’t seem to handle that.

The guy was a scapegoat for some of the bears. He wasn’t as bad as some make out.

Good luck to him.
Same as docherty has said and is lauded.

Yeah I agree with that solid against Celtic went on a decent run after his mistake against Killie and some good performances in Europe also. Also made a few mistakes as our whole squad has consistently over the season.

Same as yourself I wish him all the best.

That article should be a warning to our scouting team. We are not a club that players can come to and learn to play the game. We’re paying the price for his mistakes but he doesn’t care as he’s off back to Forest having learned from them.
And McGregor mistake
And Kamaras
And Morelos
And Tav
And Barisic

Katic had one bad performance and was frozen out entirely whereas Worrall continually cost us and seemed to get away with it. I can only attribute off the pitch reasons for this. Our whole back line is better with Katic and it’s clear as day since he’s came back.
Continually cost us?
Other than Kilmarnock where we were rotten and McGregor also sold a goal where else has he “continually cost us”?

Not bashing him I liked him as a player and he wasn’t the only one to make a mistake , however slightly concerning that he was “ absolutely gutted at being sent up to us on loan “ .

Do we want players who are gutted to sign for us ? Who don’t want to be here ? Was he forced to come ?

Very strange I’d like those questions answered . Surely if he didn’t fancy it he just says no I’m staying put ?

The guy hasn’t said anything wrong. He’s a Forest man, he prefers Forest to Rangers, some can’t seem to handle that.

The guy was a scapegoat for some of the bears. He wasn’t as bad as some make out.

Good luck to him.

There was always alot of hypocrisy from many regarding Worrall. People saying he shouldn't be playing because he's a loan player whilst wanking over Kent. People criticising him for having a desire to make it at the team he supports in the future - the same as Docherty done on an almost weekly basis. And the classic - Katic was bombed out for him even though it was well documented that Katic experienced personal issues from October onwards.

He can talk Forest up all he wants but if I were him the idea of going from Gerrard and Michael Beale to Martin O'Neill and Keane would be filling me with utter dread for my footballing future.

Progressive coaching to prehistoric dinosaurs. Give it six months and he'll be wishing his loan was 2 years.

It's one thing a young player coming up here on loan and being developed for a Chelsea or Liverpool. But a bog standard midtable Championship club ? It should never be allowed to happen again. We're better than that.
Having watched him play, he seems absolutely suited to O'Neill style of football. He probably is looking forward to it.

Not bashing him I liked him as a player and he wasn’t the only one to make a mistake , however slightly concerning that he was “ absolutely gutted at being sent up to us on loan “ .

Do we want players who are gutted to sign for us ? Who don’t want to be here ? Was he forced to come ?

Very strange I’d like those questions answered . Surely if he didn’t fancy it he just says no I’m staying put ?

Well I’d wager if you were a rangers fan who was playing for us and were told you’d to go out on loan you’d be gutted. I bet Docherty was gutted to go to Shrewsbury

Well I’d wager if you were a rangers fan who was playing for us and were told you’d to go out on loan you’d be gutted. I bet Docherty was gutted to go to Shrewsbury

Fair point however going to Ibrox to play and playing in Europe in front of 50,000 isn’t exactly something to be gutted about . As I say he’s under contract to forest so he didn’t have to come - it just seems a strange thing to say . He can’t be forced .

There was always alot of hypocrisy from many regarding Worrall. People saying he shouldn't be playing because he's a loan player whilst wanking over Kent. People criticising him for having a desire to make it at the team he supports in the future - the same as Docherty done on an almost weekly basis. And the classic - Katic was bombed out for him even though it was well documented that Katic experienced personal issues from October onwards.
Nonsense. Kent was far better than we had so that's why fans wanted him to play. Worrall was not better than our own players, that's why fans didn't want to develop another team's player.

Nonsense. Kent was far better than we had so that's why fans wanted him to play. Worrall was not better than our own players, that's why fans didn't want to develop another team's player.

Then why not just say Worrall shouldn't play because he's not good enough? The loan thing was alot of pish as the support for Kent showed.

Continually cost us?
Other than Kilmarnock where we were rotten and McGregor also sold a goal where else has he “continually cost us”?
you wont get an answer
kamara has cost us more with mistakes (aberdeen cup replay first goal, kilmarnock first goal last week)
by the way im not having a go at kamara, all footballers make mistakes.

Back