Joey Barton acting like a walloper saga rumbles on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like all of these reactionary wingnuts, it's a grift.

It's about clicks and traffic to make money.

Monetisation of social media has exacerbated the rise of bellends like him.

He tried his hand at the motivational approach with his previous podcast and it obviously didn't land, so he's went this way.

Another desperate individual with a media persona who would say and do anything to make money.

That's the first I've actually read his outburst. Where do you even begun with that...

He is right about the biological difference part. Obviously not how he has said it! Women are slower, weaker, smaller, have less lung capacity.

Yet, they play on the same size pitch, with the same size goals, for the same time as men.

Female goalies are probably, on average, around half a foot smaller than men's yet still have the same size goals to defend. The Partick Thistle goal at the weekend was an absolute screamer and im taking away nothing from that. I actually thought our goalie did really well on getting anywhere near it.

Wonder if modifications are needed, much in the way that athletics has smaller hurdles, a lighter shot putt and javelin for women.

I'm not a particular fan of Women's football. However, I saw the goals from Sunday's game on SSN, and have to say they were of very good quality.
As for Barton's comments, best ignored I'd say.

Embarrassed that this arsehole was on our books.

You would think with how shite he was he would be trying to get people to forget by going into hiding
He wasn't shite elsewhere, though. His career isn't defined by a handful of games at Rangers when he was pretty much finished.

Wonder if modifications are needed, much in the way that athletics has smaller hurdles, a lighter shot putt and javelin for women.

One of my relatives play in the SWPL and I mentioned this to her. Unsurprisingly it didn't go down well B-) She was raging I even mentioned the pitches/goals etc should be modified to suit women.

The women's game cannot and will not ever be taken seriously when you see some of the goals scored and how the keepers struggle in a men's sized goal.

It is a genuine observation to make as the goals and pitch do seem to big.

I'm simply amazed that Twitter haven't permanently banned him for his 'views'

He's an absolute disgrace and as GF1 said earlier in the thread, I'm appalled that he actually 'played' for us

Look I agree the women's game is not of a good standard but there are ways to present that. Calling is Lesbo ball and haranguing a wee lassie on Twitter, shows he is just a complete and utter cretin.
Well said.
I just found out about this , cannae believe he called it lesbo ball. Obvious he is just in it for clicks.
Guy was always a complete tosser.

He wasn't shite elsewhere, though. His career isn't defined by a handful of games at Rangers when he was pretty much finished.
He wasn't great elsewhere either.
His career is littered with violent conduct charges on and off the pitch, including a spell in jail and he also stubbed a cigar out in a youth players eye. I'd say that defines him more than anything. A bully, a coward and a prick.

I'm simply amazed that Twitter haven't permanently banned him for his 'views'

He's an absolute disgrace and as GF1 said earlier in the thread, I'm appalled that he actually 'played' for us

You obviously haven’t been on X (formerly know as Twitter) recently.

It is a cesspit.

I don't really follow what he says as I think he's a tool but isn't his point that the ladies game (Can I say that?) Should not be given the same exposure as the men's? Similarly ladies commentating on the men's game does seem to have been hi-jacked by the fairer sex which could have the knock on affect of keeping male commentators out of the game.

I'm not a particular fan of Women's football. However, I saw the goals from Sunday's game on SSN, and have to say they were of very good quality.
As for Barton's comments, best ignored I'd say.
Agree. Women’s football has improved greatly over last 5 years. Will improve further. Barton is an irrelevant dinosaur.

He wasn't great elsewhere either.
His career is littered with violent conduct charges on and off the pitch, including a spell in jail and he also stubbed a cigar out in a youth players eye. I'd say that defines him more than anything. A bully, a coward and a prick.
He had a decent career at the highest level, for most of it. Newcastle and Manchester City fans are still fond of him. You don't play over 300 EPL games if you're a dud.

Who would have thought that pound-shop philosopher was one of his more bearable personas.

This is beyond a debate about the quality of women's football. Whistling to your followers to pile onto a 17 year old girl, and then calling it Lesbo Ball, is the actions of a genuinely nasty person

If you don't like something, that's fine, you are entitled to your opinion.
Why the need to start name calling and being abusive?
Having a go at a seventeen year old girl is not a good idea for a man in his 30s or older.
I don't think a 17 year old girl should be exempt from criticism per say.

If it was a 17 year old man playing for a men's professional team he wouldn't be, so why should a female?

Having said that though the personal abuse is totally unacceptable and Barton is still a complete cock

This prick Barton clearly thinks he’s untouchable with these comments.

As I said in a separate post, he genuinely doesn’t know what or who Lex Easton is all about

All it takes is for him being in the wrong place at the wrong time and you won’t hear Barton trying to poke fun at women ever again

One of my relatives play in the SWPL and I mentioned this to her. Unsurprisingly it didn't go down well B-) She was raging I even mentioned the pitches/goals etc should be modified to suit women.

The women's game cannot and will not ever be taken seriously when you see some of the goals scored and how the keepers struggle in a men's sized goal.

It is a genuine observation to make as the goals and pitch do seem to big.
There is / was similar discussion about basketball in the states. They thought about lowering the hoop so they women can dunk it as very few can and the fans like to see a big dunk now and again.

I think the women were against it which would seem crazy.

Wonder if he'll pick next on the England goalie after his "howler " last night in Belgium's first goal ...maybe not , because Pickfords a man..?

So I've heard, but tbh I always thought he looked out of his depth in the Prem, especially at Newcastle. Never really understood why he was rated.

He must watch more woman’s football than anyone else to continually find things to talk about from the woman’s game.

Imo he just enjoys the attention because he knows that football fans will forget all about him quickly otherwise.

Guy is a prick.
Look at the state of Pickford last night and all he posts is "what is the keeper doing"
No outrage or slating him with an error that was as bad as the kids error, maybe worse as Pickford is a pro keeper on a few bob.
Barton needs cancelled.
Where is the Matrix when you need it.

I don’t understand why people need to constantly slate and compare. It’s not for me, but just view it as a different sport entirely and acknowledge these are the best within that sport.

It’s like people watching UK basketball or Ice Hockey and saying it’s shite compared to the NBA/NHL. It is, but there’s still an audience for it.

Like all of these reactionary wingnuts, it's a grift.

It's about clicks and traffic to make money.

Monetisation of social media has exacerbated the rise of bellends like him.

He tried his hand at the motivational approach with his previous podcast and it obviously didn't land, so he's went this way.

Another desperate individual with a media persona who would say and do anything to make money.

He'll be on Rogan soon telling us he was cancelled and what his patreon is just like the rest.

Womens game not for me don't think I've ever watched a game fully, yet there is an audience and a following so fair play to them.

The lesbo ball comment was ridiculous and uncalled for.

However, much of Barton’s comments on the women’s game in terms of pundits/commentators being rammed down our throats in the men’s game is bang on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back