John Beaton - is it time for him to retire?

Time for Beaton to call it a day?

• Yes. He is damaged goods

Votes: 662 95.7%
  • No. He is a good honest ref

Votes: 30 4.3%

• Total voters

Gio#56

The position of being a referee IMO is no longer tenable. The pressure of death threats have made him become so protective of his abusers and scared stiff to award against that his game is now flawed. Do the right thing John. Call it a day and don’t embarrass yourself any longer.

The votes seem to share my thinking. Clancy is a cheat. Nothing can change that aka Robertson. Beaton is damaged. Decisions today showed this.

Beaton can't be trusted to officiate a big involving them.

He's been threatened and called a mason on live TV by Sutton.

He's damaged goods and it shows, he's absolutely terrified of giving anything against them that may change a game.

They won a cup because we didn't turn up against Hibs. I get the disappointment but if we dont want them lifting silverware, it's up to us to stop them.

this isn’t about who won what.

it’s about the fact a national cup final being broadcast live around the world is being refereed by someone as incompetent as John Beaton.

He single handedly ruins games due to the amount of wrong decisions he gives.

As much as it infuriates me when decisions go their way I don’t buy into the theory they are corrupt. They just make poor decisions and the sooner we get VAR the better.
But the point is some of them, and beaton is one, keep making poor decisions. Game after game . And nothing is ever done about it. After his "performance" in that hibs game at Ibrox his career shouldve ended.

I voted no, as it's not his fault he's been subjected to death threats for trying to do his weekend job. He should be able to carry on doing his job.

He should be kept out of any Celtic match in future though, and probably any Rangers game in case he gives us a 'controversial' decision, as expected reactions seemingly cloud his judgement now.

100 votes. 4 think he’s a good ref. So beside the obvious @Boab4 any of the other 3 that think he good care to explain?

The op question has no link to your statement whatsoever.

I suspect the reason for the thread is that the OP is pissed off seeing them lift a trophy and is looking for someone to blame. I get the Beaton dilema, but it's down to us to stop them.

VAR would likely be a shambles here as well. Who will be looking at the footage of any incidents referred? The same incompetents that make mistake after mistake the way it is now.

No but he should be relegated to taking charge of games like ST Mirren vs Motherwell etc and never take charge of Celtic games.

He's clearly far too terrified to gave decisions against the yahoos now.

Yes and he can take Clancy, Robertson, Muir,Maclean, Anderson and Madden with him.
All useless and scared of making simple decisions against the mhanky mhob.

I suspect the reason for the thread is that the OP is pissed off seeing them lift a trophy and is looking for someone to blame. I get the Beaton dilema, but it's down to us to stop them.
Wrong. Go to the hibs forum and type in Beaton. He can no longer do his job if it involves them. Next he will need to wear a nappy in case he shits himself.

This is the biggest one sided poll I have seen on here. Retire Beaton. Or take junior matches instead.

He had a horror at ‘The Spaghettihad’ back just before we clinched 55 when he booked Alfie for diving when their keeper clearly took him out. And sent off SG when he called him out for being ‘fu@&ing bang out of order’. Apparently by all accounts a Rangers man and quite a decent guy. But I think he’s past it

We are acting as mental as them by having threads like this:))

We let them have this cup. Not "hibs not trying hard enough" or the ref. If we don't want them winning cups we need to stop them, which I'm sure we will start to do under Gio.

When have we ever hired private detectives to follow refs, physically attacked their homes, issued death threats to refs and their children unless Rangers win. ? We are not as " mental " as them, and never will be.

When have we ever hired private detectives to follow refs, physically attacked their homes, issued death threats to refs and their children unless Rangers win. ? We are not as " mental " as them, and never will be.
My point is there has been an absolute meltdown on here today which the tims will be absolutely loving. Think we should just shut up, roll our sleaves up and make sure today is the last thing they celebrate for a long time. Threads upon threads on refs and teams not trying against them is acting like them. Let them have their silly wee party and make sure it's their last. It's down to us. If they played us today and we lost the game due to poor refereeing that would be a different matter but the amount of pain on our forum tonight is ridiculous, we weren't playing. Leave the moonhowling behaviour for the East end mob. They'd be laughing if they looked on here tonight.

I get the complaints here op but for me this is a thread I’d expect on KDS

Bottom line is refereeing in this country needs 2 major points of investment , the funding to make them full time and VAR - without those 2 things in conjunction we will continue to see this on a consistent basis
Back to the thread tho …

All refs are absolutely honking- and I hear the argument that we are reffed to a “ different standard “ than the rest , evidence clearly proves that .

What we need to do is beat them in spite of all this , I always point to the Clancy show at porkhead 2 seasons ago , by far the worst and most biased referring performance you will see anywhere - but we still won

Forget the refs and their agendas - keep winning and they can’t stop it, we have proved that before

My point is there has been an absolute meltdown on here today which the tims will be absolutely loving. Think we should just shut up, roll our sleaves up and make sure today is the last thing they celebrate for a long time. Threads upon threads on refs and teams not trying against them is acting like them. Let them have their silly wee party and make sure it's their last. It's down to us. If they played us today and we lost the game due to poor refereeing that would be a different matter but the amount of pain on our forum tonight is ridiculous, we weren't playing. Leave the moonhowling behaviour for the East end mob. They'd be laughing if they looked on here tonight.

But it’s not simply down to us when refereeing decisions have an influence over the result.

In their last few games they have had a significant decision go in their favour. It means the points gap is closer than it might (should) be.

Back