John Beaton - is it time for him to retire?

Time for Beaton to call it a day?

• Yes. He is damaged goods

Votes: 662 95.7%
  • No. He is a good honest ref

Votes: 30 4.3%

• Total voters
I get the complaints here op but for me this is a thread I’d expect on KDS

Bottom line is refereeing in this country needs 2 major points of investment , the funding to make them full time and VAR - without those 2 things in conjunction we will continue to see this on a consistent basis
Back to the thread tho …

All refs are absolutely honking- and I hear the argument that we are reffed to a “ different standard “ than the rest , evidence clearly proves that .

What we need to do is beat them in spite of all this , I always point to the Clancy show at porkhead 2 seasons ago , by far the worst and most biased referring performance you will see anywhere - but we still won

Forget the refs and their agendas - keep winning and they can’t stop it, we have proved that before
Very true but this can’t continue. Clancy, Robertson and now the new recruit Munro. Ok we play well and they become an irrelevance. However today and the last cup final I watched involving us shows that intimidation and poor ref decisions cost us dearly. Celtic in the last few weeks having been shouting regards refs from their shareholding meeting to ex players and it shows. Beaton is damaged this cannot be argued. His body language showed that today in every decision that went for and against Celtic. It was embarrassing warltching him squirm, turn a blind eye and running away. All to the benefit of 1 team.

Should be fu*king sacked. He is a downright cheat nothing more nothing less. He can take a good few of them with him.

What have i missed?

For the little I seen of it, he gave Celtic every 50/50

He allowed Kyogo to blatantly trip Porteous resulting in him running through on goal

He booked Nesbit for what wasn’t even a foul but gave Celtic an imaginary foul that they took early to score their second as Hibs were trying to make a sub (remember us an the corner yesterday)

Denied Hibs a stonewall penalty with minutes remaining.

As much as it infuriates me when decisions go their way I don’t buy into the theory they are corrupt. They just make poor decisions and the sooner we get VAR the better.
Yes most of these officials poor decisions only benefit one team & one team only look at their past half dozen games & the amount of poor decisions that benefit them .

Someone needs to make a video of these honest mistakes along with refs stopping play for a player pulling a hamstring. Refs sprinting over to give a helping hand lift a player up etc. Running away from clear fouls and having players telling them what to do.

When the groin bhrigade attack the homes of referee's and threaten to kill them and their families then there's no chance of any ref giving a big decision against them in a cup final.

foreign referees are the way to go, if Bobby Madden can be flown over to referee in Greece surely we should be looking for a reciprocal arrangement.

Not because he gave into abusers, because he's a rank rotten referee, I'll never forget our game against Hibs a cpl of seasons back, one of the worse I've ever witnessed

Celtic boardroom their fans and ex players who sky and bt as well as the bbc employ along with Rangers haters have caused this. Crying foul when it’s not has only benefitted 1 team. It is no longer a level playing field in Scotland. It’s embarrassing to watch

We are acting as mental as them by having threads like this:))

We let them have this cup. Not "hibs not trying hard enough" or the ref. If we don't want them winning cups we need to stop them, which I'm sure we will start to do under Gio.
What highlighting incompetence, and clear cheating? The reason refs are giving these decisions is the yahoos intimidating them.

Not because he gave into abusers, because he's a rank rotten referee, I'll never forget our game against Hibs a cpl of seasons back, one of the worse I've ever witnessed
It was the worst I’ve ever seen, I include Andrew Waddell and that kunt Valentine in this.

Rangers man my arse.

I don't vote in crazy things like this
The filth support man for man stick together & read off the same page wether they are right or wrong , on that all officials are bent & are against them , we as a support argue amongst ourselves that refs are just poor nothing else while their directors & club shout from the rafters that they are getting done by officials our problem is we as a support & the club it's self prefere the dignified silence approach, their pressure is starting to pay off just look at the decisions that has went their way over the past few weeks since their AGM maybe people will take notice once a honest mistake goes against us on the 2nd & we lose .

Very true but this can’t continue. Clancy, Robertson and now the new recruit Munro. Ok we play well and they become an irrelevance. However today and the last cup final I watched involving us shows that intimidation and poor ref decisions cost us dearly. Celtic in the last few weeks having been shouting regards refs from their shareholding meeting to ex players and it shows. Beaton is damaged this cannot be argued. His body language showed that today in every decision that went for and against Celtic. It was embarrassing warltching him squirm, turn a blind eye and running away. All to the benefit of 1 team.
Having watched the highlights I’d agree he was a disgrace today, I still believe they won that today because our players downed tools and chucked it in the semi.

Shouting and screaming about being the victim is what they do best , In their last 6 games their have been key decisions go their way in each game , that luck you would like to think is about to run out , just In time for us to ram it down their throats on 2nd jan.

To be honest aswell , another reason I call for full time investment in officials not just referees is sitting in the enclosure u get to witness just how woefully inept and unfit linemen ( or “ assistant referees “ ) , they certainly don’t help - all I see is them being 5 yards behind where they are meant to be an guessing most of the time …

No it’s not time for him to retire, absolutely not. The best course of action for John himself is never to referee a game involving Rangers or Celtic again, quite simple.

Celtic boardroom their fans and ex players who sky and bt as well as the bbc employ along with Rangers haters have caused this. Crying foul when it’s not has only benefitted 1 team. It is no longer a level playing field in Scotland. It’s embarrassing to watch
Hartson & Sutton 2 of the worst trolls around besmirch our club constantly and employed by bt

I mean he’s an absolutely dreadful referee and always has been, nothing I’ve seen in the last 24 hours changes that view in my mind.

who would be a Ref to me takes balls to go out there and just receive constant abuse, I suppose it could be very intimidating especially for the scum shower who are already intimidating them before games

Clancy and from a long time ago Bob Valentine were are worse mate , but that solitary game against hibs was the worst single game performance imo
I remember Valentine well and all the old refs. Beaton is something else though, when you see his name you immediately think “ aw no “ because nearly every game ends up being about him and his incompetence

It was very stark today when hibs players today went down after a challenge, he more often than not played on, I can guarantee every time one of theirs went down he blows it was very noticable. That pen shout at the end was incredible.

He visibly wilted at the reaction from the scum fans to the booking of Juranovic.

After that he made sure he was fully onside with the people who threaten him.

Maybe if we tried that instead of making Rangers flags with his name on it, we might get somewhere.

Beaton was absolutely pathetic today.
I've never seen a referee bottle out of so many decisions.
As for the penalty call at the end, he should be sacked for that alone.

He visibly wilted at the reaction from the scum fans to the booking of Juranovic.

After that he made sure he was fully onside with the people who threaten him.

Maybe if we tried that instead of making Rangers flags with his name on it, we might get somewhere.
It was as early as the non booking for stevenson definately.

We are acting as mental as them by having threads like this:))

We let them have this cup. Not "hibs not trying hard enough" or the ref. If we don't want them winning cups we need to stop them, which I'm sure we will start to do under Gio.
It’s entirely disingenuous to link our performance in the semi-final with Beaton’s performance today. The number of logical fallacies in that is difficult to keep up with.
Our showing in the semi was ripped to bits on here, I’m sure the thread could be found if you’d care to refresh your memory.
Because we made an arse of the semi, are you saying there should be no comment on Beaton making an arse of refereeing the final?
”acting as mental as them” I think you need to think that through.

The witchhunt towards refs from some on here is every bit as bad as anything from the celtic fans. There isn't better waiting in the wings to replace the refs if we get shot of them all.

It’s entirely disingenuous to link our performance in the semi-final with Beaton’s performance today. The number of logical fallacies in that is difficult to keep up with.
Our showing in the semi was ripped to bits on here, I’m sure the thread could be found if you’d care to refresh your memory.
Because we made an arse of the semi, are you saying there should be no comment on Beaton making an arse of refereeing the final?
”acting as mental as them” I think you need to think that through.
Agree. Nothing to do with our semi. I hate being paranoid about refs but something is not right. It’s not just the odd game. It’s every game. The biggest call today was the quick free kick they scored the winner from. Never a free kick and Hibs had stopped playing for subs. Hibs made an arse of it but the ref could see what he was doing. That’s now four or five pens not given. This is becoming normal.

I get the complaints here op but for me this is a thread I’d expect on KDS

Bottom line is refereeing in this country needs 2 major points of investment , the funding to make them full time and VAR - without those 2 things in conjunction we will continue to see this on a consistent basis
Back to the thread tho …

All refs are absolutely honking- and I hear the argument that we are reffed to a “ different standard “ than the rest , evidence clearly proves that .

What we need to do is beat them in spite of all this , I always point to the Clancy show at porkhead 2 seasons ago , by far the worst and most biased referring performance you will see anywhere - but we still won

Forget the refs and their agendas - keep winning and they can’t stop it, we have proved that before
I've not seen today's match nor do I intend to. I'm also not gonna comment on Beaton or any ref for that matter, but touching more on your first 2 points. Full time and var are both very relevant. What I think also needs to change and it's across the board is refs being arrogant bastards. In most countries they are absolutely unaccountable. Players can often be dicks and I hate the crowding of a ref crap but it goes both ways. If a captain on the pitch wants an answer to a decision, he should get one. The rest of both sets of players must be over 5 yards away and the call explained. If other players encroach, book them. I don't like to compare to rugby but it's a sport full of big nasty bastards who respect the ref cos he respects the players but explains every decision. In football yoy see it so often, ref just telling players to go away, beat it, shouting at them, and generally being head teacher type dicks who look as if they are taking revenge for a life of being bullied.

The standard of refs is shocking and the way they act must change.

As much as I hate seeing them win anything, I genuinely couldn’t give a shit about the LCF today. Gerrard cost us that trophy as far as I’m concerned and I lost interest once we were out. I’d much rather see them drop points in the league if I’m being honest.

There isn't a team in the league who hasn't suffered from Beatons incompetence. He's just a hopeless referee.

Hartson & Sutton 2 of the worst trolls around besmirch our club constantly and employed by bt
Hartson again on twitter with snidey comment about our stonewaller pen yesterday, why is he not pulled up about this, supposed to be a neutral 'pundit' fukn cabbage.

Back