John Beaton referee for Sunday

Couple of choice words from Gerrard in the pre match presser should set us up nicely and put officials under pressure to referee us fairly...not asking for much, not biased or unwarranted decisions our way, just fair and equal officiating. %^*& Beaton, there's not one ref of what would be deemed a decent standard back in the day. Even had a begrudging respect for Dallas, I think both sides hated him equally, although only one set of fans coined him and tanned his windows! I'm guessing we have no refs qualified for international games again this season...even Eritrea have refs

...seem to remember another game at the beginning of a season vs Hibs at Ibrox where this guy managed to put in one of the worse performances in living memory!

Sure there wont be a repeat this week.

I remember that game too well. How Stokes stayed on the field that day I'll never know. Also remember Darren McGregor rugby tackling Morelos and a free kick to Hibs being awarded.

The worst refereeing display I've witnessed in person.

image.jpg

Foul to Hibs. Apparently.

I’m sure he will have been reconditioned after his performance v them and realising mentally challengeds who threaten him and his family get whopping £500 fines for their behaviour.

Last edited:
as above Cheatons ref performance in the Hibs game was the worst I have witnessed, however thought the players handled the Killie game very well, especially Morelos (cause he took some stick throughout but did not react)

same again - dont give him an excuse for anything

It was the worst refereeing performance I have witnessed in my entire life. How Rangers didn’t call that performance out is beyond me. From Tav getting assaulted early doors which was a straight red for the hivs player he booked Tav (clubfoots ‘challenge’ slightly similar) the hivs player who had already been booked then grabs someone by the throat and stays on the field and Jack gets a straight red for doing the same and then the hivs player flying through the air to rugby tackle Morelos and hivs get the foul (iirc he booked Morelos too).

We should’ve held a press conference after that game and highlighted every one of those incidents. No one can ever convince me that was incompetence. We should make a video of every disgraceful decision and play it on a loop at every press conference we hold. The incompetence (aka cheating) continued from there descending into last seasons farce of games being re-referee’d by less than average pundits, oddly enough with Rangers being the team under the greatest scrutiny with dubious decisions. The reason trotted out to defend the rattlers is they don’t get so many cards because they are the attacking team in most games, does no one join the dots and mention that we are also the attacking team in most games? The rattlers get away with leading arms that concuss players and over the ball potential leg breaking tackles with regularity with no recriminations. We blow kisses and get sent off, our players are subject to devious/cheating challenges off the ball but it’s all seen as acceptable and ‘part of the game’. Morelos is vilified at every turn if he even dares to tackle, it’s scandalous the way that young man is treated by every faction of the mhedia.

The game here is corrupt to the core. I’d wager that one of the 3 who review video evidence is the ex-ref who did not hesitate to let everyone know he was a rattler on his retirement. It’s a corrupt as &£@# kangaroo court. I’m feeling like this after 1 game!

He was shocking that day, but I also remember him playing a blinder for us at New Year and also hunted all the mob looking for retrospective action too!

He was an absolute disgrace in the Hibs game you mention.
The most outrageous, incompetent display I've ever seen from a Scottish referee and that's some going.

It was an absolute disgrace, for some reason it’s one of the standout things I remember from the ‘journey’.

...seem to remember another game at the beginning of a season vs Hibs at Ibrox where this guy managed to put in one of the worse performances in living memory!

I have been watching Rangers in the flesh since 1964, and that truly was one of the very worst refereeing performances I have ever seen.

Stokes should have had three red cards for starters!

There are no neutral or impartial referees in Scotland , the all have the same agenda. :mad:

The most outrageous, incompetent display I've ever seen from a Scottish referee and that's some going.
I agree, I can’t remember a worse display than that.

Trying to be fair to him though he reffed us before and since without any major incidents, he just had an absolute shocker that day which cost us at least 1 point. I don’t think I’m general he is any worse than the rest.

I used to dread getting Beaton, in the context of things, he now feels one of the better ones. Shows what a sorry state our game is in, in respect to referees.
Yes, he has.

Beaton has NOT refereed a Celtic game this year. Funny that - eh?

If I live to 100 I'll never see a worse refereeing performance against Rangers than that day.

as above Cheatons ref performance in the Hibs game was the worst I have witnessed, however thought the players handled the Killie game very well, especially Morelos (cause he took some stick throughout but did not react)

same again - dont give him an excuse for anything

The Morelos cool head hasn't been mentioned enough. I know we should expect it, from a professional, but after the first main incident with him being huckled lesser men would have lost the rag.

Of course, as there was nothing about him to discuss, there was the comments about how he should have been yellowed for the multiple fouls against him.

(Again, still waiting to see a replay from Sky on any of them as most of them looked outmuscled at worst, or no foul at all)

2nd worst for me, the Clyde/mentally challenged game on roy keane's debut was the worst most blatant cheating ive ever seen.How Clyde won that is still a mystery.

I hope he has as good a game as he did when we beat the mentally challengeds, he had a very good game until the 19th Century Terrorist crackpots started their shit a day later.

Back