John Lambie accused of covering up sexual abuse at Thistle

Nothing was stopping the chap who was allegedly assaulted going to the police.

In fact Hart was just sacked after an allegation
Oh behave. He was 20 and must have been weighed down with the thought that if he went direct to the police bypassing Lambie his career at thistle would have been over. That’s how these types operate, they know their position of strength protects them

It’s not an easy thing for a sexual assault victim to go to the police.

Those who prey on them know it.

The victim will be disbelieved, shamed and have their life ripped to shreds to get a conviction.
Then there’s the feelings of shame, the lack of self worth and the distrust they need to carry for the rest of their lives.

It’s not like someone stealing your car.

Exactly

No easy thing to tell a complete stranger you have been raped/mollested by another male.

The stigma of rape does not deminish no matter what sex you are.

It seems that ahead of whatever is waiting on court for Celtic there is a significant amount of effort going into creating a perceived landscape where sexual abuse was evident across Scottish football…. so it’ll be a football problem, not an individual club problem.

Edit:
I’ll add to this that it is disgraceful that the media and football authorities have been so reluctant to cover this topic over decades where there were whispers and rumours about it.
Indeed.

I’ve argued before that there are two scandals going on here: the decades long abuse at Celtic Park, and the media’s determined refusal to expose it.

What do both of these say about us as a nation?

It’s sad to say this but there seems to be a few on here, a minority I might add, that only want to take these sort claims as gospel when it relates to the bheasts case, while any other claim outwith them is to be taken with a pinch of salt. Almost as if they care more about keeping maximum pressure on celtic than validating any other abuse claims within Scottish football.

It is a football problem. It was just a far bigger problem at Parkheid where it was kept secret and swept under the carpet despite multiple coaches being paedophiles and assaulting hundreds of kids.
I have zero doubt this happened at almost every club, and it shouldnt be used as a tool to score points (not meaning yourself).

It’s sad to say this but there seems to be a few on here, a minority I might add, that only want to take these sort claims as gospel when it relates to the bheasts case, while any other claim outwith them is to be taken with a pinch of salt. Almost as if they care more about keeping maximum pressure on celtic than validating any other abuse claims within Scottish football.
True, but this case is - obviously, and I'm sure you're in agreement - completely incomparable to the Scum's ongoing case.

Thistle Sacked him immediately. The issue seems to be the fact they didn't flag it up to the police.

On the other side of the city, the Scum facilitated ongoing abuse for 40+ years and actually re-employed the beasts.

True, but this case is - obviously, and I'm sure you're in agreement - completely incomparable to the Scum's ongoing case.

Thistle Sacked him immediately. The issue seems to be the fact they didn't flag it up to the police.

On the other side of the city, the Scum facilitated ongoing abuse for 40+ years and actually re-employed the beasts.
I absolutely am in agreement - one claim doesn’t equate to a paedophile ring.
However there does seem a reluctance for some to even want to believe that it happened at other clubs and that people in power knew about it, as if believing such a thing would take the heat off the scum.
The guy is quoted as saying Lambie initially laughed it off and then Thistle didn’t sack him until a year after it was first brought to Lambie’s attention - yet Thistle say the guy was sacked immediately. Doesn’t add up.

It most certainly isn’t on the same level as that lot but that doesn’t mean the guy’s claims aren’t valid because it supposedly happened decades ago, nor does it mean it shouldn’t be reported.

I absolutely am in agreement - one claim doesn’t equate to a paedophile ring.
However there does seem a reluctance for some to even want to believe that it happened at other clubs and that people in power knew about it, as if believing such a thing would take the heat off the scum.
The guy is quoted as saying Lambie initially laughed it off and then Thistle didn’t sack him until a year after it was first brought to Lambie’s attention - yet Thistle say the guy was sacked immediately. Doesn’t add up.

It most certainly isn’t on the same level as that lot but that doesn’t mean the guy’s claims aren’t valid because it supposedly happened decades ago, nor does it mean it shouldn’t be reported.
Agreed.

Every single thing needs to be reported. And every single instance of this societal cancer needs to be subject to independent interrogation under the guise of cleansing Scottish football.

We need everyone to be quite clear as to what happened and where... Then, and only then, will the decent people in society feel the need to see that justice is done, one way or the other.

Last edited:
Unless you have experienced this in your own life, then I would suggest you can make no comment whatsoever on how people would react to it. We're all different and luckily for me, it's a situation I've never been in to make any judgement.
Well said mate. The bastard should have been jailed and Lambie had a duty to report this to the police. I couldn’t care less if they sacked him or not, that’s not doimg the right thing.

I wonder how many other boys were put at risk due to his failure to inform the police!

If Thistle are investigated, the Scum should be getting the same treatment, there's a lot more evidence against those rat bastards.

If Thistle are investigated, the Scum should be getting the same treatment, there's a lot more evidence against those rat bastards.
Are you aware there's already been convictions for abuse at Celtic and a class action against Celtic is going through the courts at the moment?

Are you aware there's already been convictions for abuse at Celtic and a class action against Celtic is going through the courts at the moment?
Ofcourse I am.
Probably worded my post wrong, maybe if I'd wrote if Thistle end up all over the tabloids then so should Beast FC.

It is a football problem. It was just a far bigger problem at Parkheid where it was kept secret and swept under the carpet despite multiple coaches being paedophiles and assaulting hundreds of kids.
As well as re-employing them after they had been found guilty. What happened in Fhilth land is worse much worse than went on anywhere else.

Back