John Lundstram

Not sure if there’s already been a thread on this but only 2 weeks ago we had fans willing to release Lundstram on a free. Now he is probably one of the first names in our team. In the last couple games he looks so much fitter and really hungry.
Not my fav player at all, but credit where credit is due.
Playing with much more authority, and confidence.

Keeping it simple.Is which something he should only be doing.
Break up play, and either pass it back or forward, but do it quickly.

Before he would labor too much on the ball, and by that time the momentum had passed, and hesitation would set in,

Looks slightly fitter as well.Also a good sign.

Kudos to him for taking on board, what Gio and Co have been telling him.

More of the same going forward now Mr Lundstrum!

He, like many others, seem to be playing with the shackles off now.

What shackles you may ask?

For me, the Gerrard/Beale robotic over management ones, that Gio and his team seem to be slowly reversing, allowing a bit more freedom and independent thinking and decision making.

Question: When, before the last two matches, was the last time you seen a Rangers player go to ground to win the ball? Not that I'm advocating diving in or selling themselves. But, it was something sadly lacking from our game (in domestic matches anyway, where it's needed to compete especially in midfield).

This, allowing Lundstrum (and others) to play his (their) own game, instead of restraining him (them) is what will hopefully drive this team forward.

He looks fitter, stronger and more powerful on the ball. Hopefully he keeps it up as if he does he will be a huge asset in the run up.

Always felt that Lundstram struggled at first because Gerrard played him with Davis (and to an extent Kamara) and the two of them were constantly in each other’s pockets.

Both standing next to each other trying to do the same job, taking the ball off the CBs. Because Davis is technically a better player folk were way to hard on Lundstram as a result.

In games without Davis Lundstram played better than Gerrard praised him a couple of tokes. Davis got injured Lundstram was decent but then Gio came in and bombed him out completely.

Now he’s back and getting to play that role and it’s night and fucking day. There is a lot I like about him. He’s powerful and I think gives us something.

Was a moment yesterday when porteous went down even tho Arfield didn’t touch him and Lundstram came over and was screaming at porteous calling him all sorts. I fucking loved it. We really need a lady's front bottom like that.

Last edited:
I hope what we are seeing these last two games is the real John Lundstram because right now we really really need hungry, eager players to step up.

Not only that, we really need someone capable of dragging others with him because certain individuals in this team have been coasting for quite a while now.

Thankfully we have steadied the ship the couple of games but let's not be kidded ,the aberdeen, county and septic results have seriously damaged our chances of retaining this title. Could it be a case of cometh the hour, cometh the man and the much maligned Lundstram is just that player. God I hope so.

Delighted to see how much desire he is showing, he’s like a new signing. Hopefully he pushes on from here and becomes a mainstay.

He's shown an appetite to get stuck in and drive with the ball. Could be worth him having a wee word with Borna :)

I couldn’t believe he was in the starting 11 v hearts but he made me eat my words he was fantastic. He was brilliant last night as well and gave us a bite in the midfield that we’ve been lacking.

Hopefully he can nail his position in the team now and show us the quality that’s been shown in flashes at time in the first part of the season.

Not sure if there’s already been a thread on this but only 2 weeks ago we had fans willing to release Lundstram on a free. Now he is probably one of the first names in our team. In the last couple games he looks so much fitter and really hungry.

Davis is done- goes on to have two of the best seasons of his career.

Arfield is done - now dragging the team by the scruff and leading the way.

Tav is crap - never hides and time and time again delivers the goods when most needed.

Fashion is a headless chicken- scores near enough every game now.

Wonder when we’ll just take a step back and give players a chance… never maybe.

Back