John Macmillan, former President of the Rangers Supporters Association, has passed away aged 89

Never knew John personally despite working for the same company. He always represented our club and the association in a very professional and elequent manner. He will be sorely missed in the local community and by the Rangers support in general. Thoughts are with his family and friends at this sad time. RIP Mr McMillan.

Had the privelage and pleasure of knowing John and being in his company several times . Was our area secretary as well as the RSA Secretary at the time . An absolute Gentleman

RIP John

So sad to hear, he was a true gentleman and a truly nice human. Was so helpful to me when he was the RSA secretary, he had a wicked sense of humour but you’re right, I never heard him swear.
It was a pleasure to know you John, sleep easy friend

Will your anchor hold in the storms of life,
When the clouds unfold their wings of strife?
When the strong tides lift, and the cables strain,
Will your anchor drift or firm remain?
We have an anchor that keeps the soul
Stedfast and sure while the billows roll,
Fastened to the Rock which cannot move,
Grounded firm and deep in the Savior’s love.

I knew John. We were chatting a few months ago about Rangers, he was so passionate.

My mum told me the news when he was in hospital and i hoped he would pull through.

Will be a sad loss and thoughts with John's family.

I never knew him or met him personally but its a name that has been associated with our club for many years.Always a sad day to lose a fellow bear

Rest Easy John

Very sad news travelled with his club for over 20 years. Total gentleman and a great Bluenose. Thoughts are with his family at the sad time

I had the pleasure of knowing and dealing with John for many years doing my duties for Largs RSC. He was an absolute gentleman and did a lot of great work for the Supporters Association and Rangers supporters in general.

Rest in Peace John and thoughts are with your wife and family.

Sorry to hear this, didn't know him personally but knew of him in his role with supporters association.

Believe his seat was not far behind where I sit.

Rest easy sir, a kind and gentle man and a bluenose to the bone.
I met him a few times at Ibrox as a kid, he was a friend of my old man, both called John and both passed away at 89.

He'll be sadly missed.

Remember having dealings with John concerning our RSC back in the early 90s, in the Wee Rangers ( when it was the association that ran it) . A great help and a gentleman to boot.

Very sad to hear of this today.

Very sad today on hearing of John's passing. Worked with him in the Association for a number of years. One of the nicest guys I've ever met.

Have known John for many years through area 16 of the RSA ,A job he served with great distinction as well as his roles at the Association headquarters..

As said by many above a gentleman and a true Rangers man who it was a privilege to call a friend.

Rest Easy John you will be sadly missed by all in our area and beyond,

Very sad to hear this, his was a life well lived.

Obedience, Reverence, Discipline, Self-respect and all that tends towards a true Christian manliness. The objective he helped pass on to many of us, how he lived his life and how he will be remembered.

RIP Mr MacMillian

This is such sad news to hear. I`ve had the pleasure to meet and be in the company of John on many an occasion. A true Rangers man; an absolute gentleman. In terms of RSCs, more specifically those under the auspices of the RSA, we will never see his like again.
My heartfelt condolences to his family and many friends.

I never knew John, but like many people, I'd definitely heard off him. The many fantastic tributes left by the people who did know him show how highly respected and liked John was throughout his life, a true gentleman and a True Blue.

RIP John, condolences to all family and friends.

Never met John but worked with his son for years, rest easy sir and thank you for your service to our club
Condolences to the family

Very sad news. had a lot of dealings with John over the years through my RSC. He was a gentleman and he will be sadly missed.

A lovely tribute Mark and the thoughtful and respectful comments on here are a true measure of the man. RIP Mr Macmillan.

Back