John Souttar today

DJ_RFC_1872

To busy focusing on Rangers today to notice him.
For me i wonder how our season would've went if Worrall didn't come in.
Goldson and Katic for me is our best CB pairing just now and with the loans returning we will need another option and i think Souttar could do a job for us but price is what could make us look elsewhere.
We have always been interested in Souttar tho.

Carson's Cat

I missed today's game as I was up 'That London' with my youngest who needed new clothes to go back to school on Wed. No uniform policy but the encouragement is for lassies to dress "work smart" in her 6th Form.

I shelled out £37 for a girl's blouse. Rangers should apply the same pricing wrt Souttar.

Coda

He’s not very good at all. Really hope we avoid him. And those were my feelings prior to today’s game.

PalefaceRedskin

Unfair to judge him on today I feel , as hearts were chronic and their midfield collapsed .

Still think he’s a good signing moving forward , although anyone will have some job removing big Katic from our first 11 . He was immense yet again .
I think that’s spot on. Any Centre half has a tough time if their midfield is continually getting robbed. He’s not perfect but he’s good and we need two for next season.

I wouldn’t pursue the deal, not because he’s a poor player but just because Hearts will be so hard to deal with.

vinnie

For 2 million quid? Robbery!

25% of that maybe. We do need to fill a CB slot. McAuley wont be here either next year. Without signing someone we’ll only have 2 pro CBs.

I dunno, playing with better players, different training regimes? He might be good, he might be awful.

I guess we can only trust in the scouting and teansfer policy! But if I was asked to increase my ST by 5% and seeing it spent on an over inflated player like that, right now? I’d pretty pissed.

AZBlue

He's been poor against us at least twice. Unless he's been outstanding against the tarriers then it's a no.

Williem2

Both Katic and Goldson are miles ahead of him, don’t see the point in bringing in a player that cannot push them two for a starting place.

muz73

It's a simple equation in football; buy/ bring in somebody better than you already have.

Souttar is not better than our current c/b's.

Despite the fact I think we are now a 'selling club' we need better quality than Souttar to move on for a profit.

WATP

gerz1873

Today was unfair to judge him but I've not been impressed by him in the limited games I've watched him against the famous

Gers11

Money would be better spent elsewhere.

All over the shop today.
Agree the boy has a hellava lot to learn about defending and passing a ball.
He's not near ready to play for us, i would prefer to go for big Berra, as i think he could be another Davie Weir for us.And play for another couple of seasons, as he wins most balls in the air, and read's the game well.
And he could help to develope the younger players around him.imo.Sorry Souttar's not for me, keep the cash, and put it towards a good striker.

Barrymoped

The entire Hearts defence was dreadful today. We scored 3 but could easily have had 5 or 6.

It’s hard to judge a lad by 1 performance but this was fairly poor.

Gers11

Katic is improving now he's had a wee run of games.

I'd only go for Souttar if Goldson/Katic left and the price is no more than £2m.
At the moment we would be buying a player with potential for maybe £2 mill.i don't think so.
As he's not ready to play in our jersey yet, and im not basing that opinion on to -days game.
In my opinion weve got two centre halfs who at this moment are far better players than young Souttar.
Goldson & Katic.

Gers11

For 2 million quid? Robbery!

25% of that maybe. We do need to fill a CB slot. McAuley wont be here either next year. Without signing someone we’ll only have 2 pro CBs.

I dunno, playing with better players, different training regimes? He might be good, he might be awful.

I guess we can only trust in the scouting and teansfer policy! But if I was asked to increase my ST by 5% and seeing it spent on an over inflated player like that, right now? I’d pretty pissed.
If that's the case, why not bring in Christophe Berra for a couple season's as he's still looking pretty sharp for his age, and never rarely loses many high balls coming into the box.
And his experience could be invaluable next season to help out the younger players.
Only a thought which i think could work, in our's and S.Gs.favour.

Gers11

The entire Hearts defence was dreadful today. We scored 3 but could easily have had 5 or 6.

It’s hard to judge a lad by 1 performance but this was fairly poor.
I don't think any footballer can be judge on any one performance, but in my opinion, if were willing to pay £2 mill.i think we could pick up better player with more experience.I.e.his Captain Berra for instance, you could get 2 yrs.out of him im sure, as i think he's now got over the injuries he had.
I think it would be worth taking the chance on the guy, as he's good in both boxes, with his head.?

stein and johnston

To be fair I personally don’t spend a lot of time watching other teams player’s performances.
Only because I saw Levein’s meltdown when asked pre-match about Rangers potential interest in him, on this occasion I did, but unfortunately he didn’t impress me..
He might just have had a bad day at the office.

Ranger1003

Not 1 for coming on and saying about prospective signings. But he is a cracking player. But won't push katic out

BobbyShearer55-65

He is an SPFL standard player who will routinely perform at SPFL level. If that is the extent of our ambitions, then he would do a job for us.

If however, we have any aspirations to dominate the SPFL or aspire to operate at a level above, then we should immediately begin looking elsewhere.

And that's before we get to the question of the over-inflated transfer fee that Hearts would demand from us.

ald

If that's the case, why not bring in Christophe Berra for a couple season's as he's still looking pretty sharp for his age, and never rarely loses many high balls coming into the box.
And his experience could be invaluable next season to help out the younger players.
Only a thought which i think could work, in our's and S.Gs.favour.
It’s a fair point. Personally I wouldn’t touch Berra or Souttar. But if you speak to pretty much any Hearts fan (I work with a lot) they say that Berra is undoubtedly the dominant one out of him and Souttar and that when Berra doesn’t play Souttar is noticeably poorer. They really rate Berra but Souttar not so much. Now Berra is knocking on a bit, opted for Hearts rather than us a few years ago (apparently) and is settled at Hearts so, for a few reasons, I don’t see us going for Berra and I wouldn’t. But of the two you can certainly make a case for Berra over Souttar. Which kind of tells its own story as to whether paying good money for Souttar is a good idea.....

Grigo Yossarian

Let’s not forget he was mince at Ibrox in the 3-0 game just there.

On those two performances alone I’d probably be against signing him.
He didn’t get close to Morelos at Ibrox. I’m 100% against us signing him. Absolutely no pace which I’m against for a modern CD.

The higher the level, the more the games played outside the box, so the more exposed he is pace wise imo. He could be a liability in Europe.

Square and compass

He didn’t get close to Morelos at Ibrox. I’m 100% against us signing him. Absolutely no pace which I’m against for a modern CD.

The higher the level, the more the games played outside the box, so the more exposed he is pace wise imo. He could be a liability in Europe.
For me, i would have preferred goldson and katic with bates as back up.
I thought that way back in august, imo we slipped up there.
Is cardosa any worse or better than soutar. ?

Latest posts