Jon McLaughlin Shut Out Stats For Rangers

Previous clubs have got nothing to do with it - his performances here do, and he has never let us down. He has a number of strengths in his game that McGregor simply does not have.

Whether he is a 'true' No.1 will maybe be determined but there is no reason he doesn't get a chance. Spending money and taking a keeper from a big club is no guarantee of success. Look no further than the Greek Barney across the city.
Lionel Letizi is proof that and a YOUNG Greegsy moved him out the way.

werder bremen i was talking about

he was like a mix between kahn and andy gorum
You can't say he got us to a European final when he never played in any of the semi final ties.

Yes against Bremen he was immense, I was in my 20's when Goram became our Keeper so I've seen everything both have done for us and IMHO Shagger edges it but it's now my humble opinion that there is more errors in Greegsy just purely down to age catching up with him sadly but it is true, if the errors cost us the league this year then he'll leave feeling like shit and there will be fans who won't let it go, I'm just glad it's not my decision.

You can't say he got us to a European final when he never played in any of the semi final ties.

Yes against Bremen he was immense, I was in my 20's when Goram became our Keeper so I've seen everything both have done for us and IMHO Shagger edges it but it's now my humble opinion that there is more errors in Greegsy just purely down to age catching up with him sadly but it is true, if the errors cost us the league this year then he'll leave feeling like shit and there will be fans who won't let it go, I'm just glad it's not my decision.
so it will be his fault if we lose the league ffs

we have never had a settled defense all season, midfield has been been piss poor and only decent striker is alfie

saved us against the manky mhob from a proper cricket score

whats jon mcl done to be number 1 for rangers?
the guy cant get a game for scotland but you want him no1

that is just crazy talk

did he make a save that wasnt virtually straight at him or That any keeper in the league wouldn’t have made?

Hart wouldn’t have conceded the three they scored and McGregor would never make the save Hart made on Arfield.

This season is a season too far for McGregor.

Allan McGregor has been a fantastic servant to us, a proper European class keeper. I think some people are being too sentimental over him, he's looked slower this season and more prone to error with poor judgement calls. From the games I've seen with McLaughlin between the sticks, he's been very calm and looks way better with his distribution and the ball at his feet. The defence looks tighter with him as a keeper, he comes out for crosses, punches away etc. McGregor gives me the fear when we concede a corner, he stays rooted to his post and puts pressure on the defence.

Previous clubs have got nothing to do with it - his performances here do, and he has never let us down. He has a number of strengths in his game that McGregor simply does not have.

Whether he is a 'true' No.1 will maybe be determined but there is no reason he doesn't get a chance. Spending money and taking a keeper from a big club is no guarantee of success. Look no further than the Greek Barney across the city.
Entitled to your opinion but if McLaughlin is so good y has he been kicking about diddy clubs until his early 30s?

I love shagger with all my heart but pains me to say this has been a season to far IMO. I would give him the Scottish cup games so he’s not just finishing his Rangers career on the bench completely.

But there have been 4pts lost due to clear basic late minute errors.

I’m in the middle right now. But I can see why the question is being asked.
i agree hes made mistakes but hes also saved us this season

the midfield has been piss poor , our sitting deep and our lack of striking options
is more shocking and the only solid defender has been goldson

good no 2

if you think hes anything other your bonkers

reminds me of the time people thought cammy bell was good
Bell was rightly slated after his howlers, especially the one in the Motherwell playoffs, McGregor has made similar errors costing usthe lead in the Premiership and access to 40 mill, but he’s Shagger isn’t he! Hates the rhats man! Hes a middle aged man and should be nowhere near the team, McLaughlin is solid and dependable just now, that is what our defenders need in the run in, not panicking every time a cross ball comes in

Bell was rightly slated after his howlers, especially the one in the Motherwell playoffs, McGregor has made similar errors costing usthe lead in the Premiership and access to 40 mill, but he’s Shagger isn’t he! Hates the rhats man! Hes a middle aged man and should be nowhere near the team, McLaughlin is solid and dependable just now, that is what our defenders need in the run in
Not what the manager thinks.McLaughlin isn’t far off being middle aged

Can’t disagree with that. We’re seeing an (expected) decline in performances from an ageing keeper. Let’s just hope for one final push from Shagger
Trouble is we can't take a chance on that final push from Shagger - far too important to leave anything to 'chance'

Entitled to your opinion but if McLaughlin is so good y has he been kicking about diddy clubs until his early 30s?
Nowhere did I state he was "so good". I made a statement saying that he has strengths to his game McGregor doesn't.

Also, many many reasons some players don't fulfill potential or stay with more unfashionable clubs. I haven't watched his career, so I am simply going off what he has done for us. There are sometimes rough diamonds out there under other peoples noses.

McGregor is going to cost us more points this season which could in turn cost us the league. Only reason he is playing is due to sentiment. People can bang on about him having the ability to pull off "world class" saves but when's the last time he did that?

Don't mention the double save against Sparta Prague either - they were two saves he wouldn't have had to make if he could just venture off his line for a cross now and again.

I'd be 100% more confident this season going forward with McLaughlin.

we wouldnt have got that far without him ffs

people blaming him for the old firm game when he made 4 or 5 great saves

if gio,gerrard seen a past it mcshagger as no 1 ill take there advice over yours

jmc is a step backwards

were hopefully want to be a champions league regulars

j mc cant get regular games for scotland

If you need to go back to 2007/08 to make your point about McGregor then you've lost the argument.

Barry Ferguson was shit hot then too but I doubt he'd do a job for us at centre mid nowadays.

None of them were saves McLaughlin could only dream of though, that’s just hyperbolic nonsense
Some make out McLaughlin can’t save anything

I can think of a few top class saves he’s made whilst with us.

His save last season from Nisbets volley at ER was superb. Top drawer that had McGregor saved it, his fan boys would be claiming McLaughlin could only dream of it …

Back