Jones & Barker replacement

I think it is still to early to fully judge Ojo. He is young and been ok. Problem is he shouldn't be a starter and should get experience in games where we are up.

In that case it's pointless then.

He doesn't contribute anywhere near enough to get in the squad IMO.

Why develop someone else's player when we could develop our own?

It'd be different if he was absolutely flying but he's like a man down more often than not.

Facts are mate - we need to win a trophy this year or Gerrard does start to get questioned IMO

Absolute nonsense.

When Jones got injured, most this forum where annoyed at his rush of blood, because we seen him as a loss. Jones was showing potential. The narrative surrounding him has been re-written during his time out. Jones was not afforded the same grace from Gerrard, as more consistent offenders within our squad. His red card and subsequent injury was foolish, but no more foolish than the actions of some of his team mates. Its beginning to look as if that one mistake is being used to black ball him and that's wrong.
Not a lot to disagree with there mate

Barker hasn’t done anything since signing. Bit early for Jones but there must be a ‘plan’ somewhere. Rangers first 11 are a match for anyone, it’s the strength in depth that needs looked at.
If its a bit early for Jones, it's also a bit early for Barker, considering Jones has played more football than him.

Personally I don't see it with either of them, and if we can make a profit, then cheerio.

No names mate.Was told that Barker is on silly money considering his ability and that’s down to Mark Allen,Jones performance against Stranraer didn’t go down too well and it appears that we’re freeing up wages to bring in a No.10.Guess we’ll find out in the next few days.
You were told or you are just saying this now it was reported yesterday in the record? Seems a very big coincidence this info hasn't been divulged by now.

No names mate.Was told that Barker is on silly money considering his ability and that’s down to Mark Allen,Jones performance against Stranraer didn’t go down too well and it appears that we’re freeing up wages to bring in a No.10.Guess we’ll find out in the next few days.

Jones was a major disappointment against Stranraer. He was sh*te.

However, I noted that he was repeatedly playing very central and rarely ventured onto the wing. I know that's how we play, the wide players in a front three are very narrow. The width comes from the full-backs. Its brought us a fair amount of success, particularly in Europe and, latterly, against the Dhims. Jones had clearly been instructed to play that way.

As a general point though I'd say its not always required. In relation to Jones (and to Hastie if he's going to feature) it is wholly unsuited to their style of play. If we want to start guys like them then give them a chance by letting them play to their strengths and, for the most part, stay wide. We've become predictable with the narrow front three. Shake it up when we can and let the wingers play as wingers. That is especially relevant if Flanagan is one of the full-backs.

I just don't understand the Jones thing, first game back after injury and on one performance hes deemed not good enough? plenty other players have had stinkers or made vital errors and been given more time.

I never seen the Stranraer game at the time, was the performance really that bad??

When Jones got injured, most this forum where annoyed at his rush of blood, because we seen him as a loss. Jones was showing potential. The narrative surrounding him has been re-written during his time out. Jones was not afforded the same grace from Gerrard, as more consistent offenders within our squad. His red card and subsequent injury was foolish, but no more foolish than the actions of some of his team mates. Its beginning to look as if that one mistake is being used to black ball him and that's wrong.
We don't know what he's like in training. We don't know what's been said behind closed doors. We don't know how Jones reacts to being criticised by management, or being pushed to better himself.

The transfer rumours have come from at least 1 of 4 places:

1. The potential buyers
2. Our club
3. Mischief making journalists
4. The player's camp.

Do we know for certain that the rumours, which only surfaced once Jones was reaching fitness, weren't circulated by his camp to try and force Gerrard into playing him? It's no more ludicrous than the club circulating then to try and light a fire under his arse.

Still not seen anything from a reliable source.

Hopefully we are very actively trying to move Barker on because he has been atrocious and is also always injured.

I don't think we have the squad depth to be moving Jones on, unless we have a few players lined up which seems unlikely

I just don't understand the Jones thing, first game back after injury and on one performance hes deemed not good enough? plenty other players have had stinkers or made vital errors and been given more time.

I never seen the Stranraer game at the time, was the performance really that bad??

He never played well mate, but I was more concerned with his lackadaisical attitude, considering it was a good opportunity for him to stake a claim for a starting place.

I think that's what was infuriating Gerrard too.

You were told or you are just saying this now it was reported yesterday in the record? Seems a very big coincidence this info hasn't been divulged by now.
In all fairness, I'm exactly the opposite of ITK, in fact, I make renowned hermit @David Edgar look like (insert reference to popular celebrity who is always out) with my self-isolation, and I heard about Barker's wage a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure it was on a thread on here.

For that reason, I don't think it's unreasonable that others who actually are ITK and have contacts may have heard before now.

Jones id maybe say deserves another 6 months to prove his worth but the more i see Barker the more i dislike him. No where near good enough for a team the size of ours.

I really hope we get shot of Barker in the next few days.

It may simply be a decision that had to be made. We've decided we really need to free up the wages to bring another player in who'll immediately improve us and the two most expendable have been decided as Jones and Barker.

Reading between the lines, my take on it is that the gaffer seems to be entirely unimpressed with Jones' attitude rather than his overall ability. It's a bit of a shame given JJ's impressive displays in early games against mitjylland and hibs, not to mention his delivery for the winner against Legia. But if I'm right then Jones is offski for sure as Gerrard doesn't take any prisoners if he thinks you're not putting the right effort in.

Barker is not good enough and never will be. Mark Allen taking the opportunity to push for his golden boy when the Kent deal looked in doubt I think.

Absolutely zero problem in both of them going if it means we can bring in an effective attacking player who can contribute for second half of season as we do badly need one imo. Question is, who fits the bill that would be available?

He never played well mate, but I was more concerned with his lackadaisical attitude, considering it was a good opportunity for him to stake a claim for a starting place.

I think that's what was infuriating Gerrard too.
Yeah fair enough, probably not the worst if he tried and things never came off, but by the sounds of things he put in less than 100% which is not acceptable at Rangers, especially under Gerrard

Barker should go but I'd give Jones a chance to regain some form. But we're all just fans and don't see the attitude in training, relationships with other squad members etc.

If Jones leaving gave us cash to get someone decent in I'd be happy with that.

Doesn't seem anyone has the slightest clue who we are trying to get in. I just can't see it being anyone in the SPFL. That still leaves the rest of Europe - for now, anyway.

I don't know why people get all snidey about the ITK stuff. You don't need to be 'ITK' to read between the lines and realise that we're clearing the decks to bring someone in.
I dont usually mate. But the 10k figure was in the record last night therefore everyone on this forum knew already. It's not being snidey. There are genuine ITKs, such as mark confusion on twitter, doc stone and sher brook loyal. If I acknowledge their info is bang on, does that still make me snidey?

In all fairness, I'm exactly the opposite of ITK, in fact, I make renowned hermit @David Edgar look like (insert reference to popular celebrity who is always out) with my self-isolation, and I heard about Barker's wage a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure it was on a thread on here.

For that reason, I don't think it's unreasonable that others who actually are ITK and have contacts may have heard before now.
Fair enough mate. I dont recall any thread about it and I am sure if there was a thread solely about barker being on 10k+ it would be an 8 page minimum.

Gerrard doesn’t rate Jones he wants someone in of a similar standard to Kent. IMO there will be times when Aribo needs to drop out this season as he still lacks consistency

Can anyone enlighten me as to where this number 10 will fit into the current system?

I also noted Gerrard's recent comment about Aribo being a number 10... somebody better tell Aribo, as he has spent most of his playing time wide right.

Can anyone enlighten me as to where this number 10 will fit into the current system?

I also noted Gerrard's recent comment about Aribo being a number 10... somebody better tell Aribo, as he has spent most of his playing time wide right.
By changing the system. It clearly doesn't work in certain games and currently we have no second system.

Fair enough mate. I dont recall any thread about it and I am sure if there was a thread solely about barker being on 10k+ it would be an 8 page minimum.
Maybe I saw it somewhere else and dismissed it then. I know I was trawling through various sites to lift stats for him, Jones and Ojo in the last few weeks (in terms of gametime, starts, assists, what matches they've played in etc).

Barker was a shocking signing and should be out the door.

Jones has done well much better than OJo

Says this morning the Barker signing was baffling!!!! The guys rank rotten and offers nothing. A 3 year deal and reported 10k a week is absolutely disgraceful and whoever signed off on this needs brought to task!!

We play with two number tens. Kent is the left sided no.10 and Aribo is the right sided no.10. This is how Gerrard has described it. Width is mainly offered by our attacking full backs.

Maybe try for someone like Saka, young wide player from arsenal? Boy will run at players all day. Very effective whenever I have watched him. If only we could find a young Aluko-type player who defenders shit themselves from

Norwich striker Adam Idah supposedly available for a loan spell, Charlton Athletic showing interest. Seen him play in the FA Cup a few weeks back for the Canaries and looked decent, grabbing a hat-trick. Different kind of option to Morelos and Defoe. Could see him doing well up here. This is just my opinion.

Says this morning the Barker signing was baffling!!!! The guys rank rotten and offers nothing. A 3 year deal and reported 10k a week is absolutely disgraceful and whoever signed off on this needs brought to task!!

Mark Allen parting gift his signing for sure .

We play with two number tens. Kent is the left sided no.10 and Aribo is the right sided no.10. This is how Gerrard has described it. Width is mainly offered by our attacking full backs.

Two number 10s who play nowhere near the lone striker?

Maybe try for someone like Saka, young wide player from arsenal? Boy will run at players all day. Very effective whenever I have watched him. If only we could find a young Aluko-type player who defenders shit themselves from

I suspect Arsenal may be against the idea of loaning us their most exciting youth player who has recently broke into the team and is currently getting game. Just a hunch. ;)

Back