Jordan Jones disrespect

This may seem trivial to many but it has been niggling me for ages.Last week there was a clip on the news about Rangers and it showed Jones and Tav standing talking and Jones flicks Tav on the head with a pamphlet.I don't know but that annoyed the fek out of me.Can you imagine a player just in the door,not kicked a ball doing that to big Greig,Gough or any of our Captains,they would have been flattened.
Maybe it's me or maybe it's symptomatic of Jones attitude and why there are rumours of him going out the door.

It’s obvious he’s an in your face character. One who will not be liked by everyone. There was an old training video where Katic clearly wanted to smash him!

Problem with players like that is they can only get away with the behaviour if they are doing a job on the pitch and he isn’t! Don’t honestly see him being here very long.

I'm with the OP. Nobody would've done that to Richard Gough, back when we had standards (insert name of person would be turning in their grave)

Big staunch inhale through the nose, big staunch exhale out the mouth, chest puffed as I staunchly eye the comedy responses with a blue steely gaze.

Any truth to the rumour that Tav was so mad he shouted “ooh I could crush a grape”, before chasing him around the pitch flicking him with a wet towel. Top japestering. Ally’s coming in tomorrow so they can boot a ball at his bare arse.

We deserve answers. A once proud people reduced to tomfoolery.

If Michael O’Neill finds out I suspect that will be the end of Jones hopes of appearing in the Euros should they qualify. Have you seen the size of those official tournament programmes? #notworththerisk

The boys head is obviously full of daftness, there is a few of these videos where he is laughing, joking and generally larking about. No crime in that of course but you'd maybe expect a bit more focus to get his career back on track given his injury was self inflicted.

He just gives off a vibe of amateurism. Gerrard grew tired of Laffertys immature behaviour would not be in the least bit surprised if that's the case here.

Have always felt that SG found it difficult to contain his angry in the manner Jones got himself injured. Add in that the fact it has resulted in him losing more than 4 months of the season has probably been the final straw.
So a single incident both initially angered Gerrard and was also the final straw? Righto.

Has to go. Could have done some serious damage that. How can anyone condone someone who attacks their colleague with a makeshift weapon?

To be fair, Morelos did give him a passing glance in the aftermath and the resulting emotional injury is what has delayed Jones’ full recovery. It’s understood that a Celtic fan was within 500 yards of Ibrox at the time and is suing Alfie for emotional abuse for getting caught in the radius of the glance.

So a single incident both initially angered Gerrard and was also the final straw? Righto.

If you recall SG was quite open in his anger at Jones getting himself injured when make a needless tackle in injury time on 1 September. However it was felt he would only be missing for around 6 weeks.

Therefore the fact that the self inflicted injury meant that Jordan was out for more than double the time initially forecast clearly irked SG in an interview I heard only a few weeks ago.

Today we waken to find Jordan is, by all accounts, up for transfer. Perhaps I am wrong in my summation but something has definitely gone wrong when Jordan's time at the club appears over after a promising start.

If you recall SG was quite open in his anger at Jones getting himself injured when make a needless tackle in injury time on 1 September. However it was felt he would only be missing for around 6 weeks.

Therefore the fact that the self inflicted injury meant that Jordan was out for more than double the time initially forecast clearly irked SG in an interview I heard only a few weeks ago.

Today we waken to find Jordan is, by all accounts, up for transfer. Perhaps I am wrong in my summation but something has definitely gone wrong when Jordan's time at the club appears over after a promising start.
So what you’re saying is that Gerrard was (rightly) angry at Jones for the initial stupidity, and because he didn’t heal quickly enough he’s had enough?

This may seem trivial to many but it has been niggling me for ages.Last week there was a clip on the news about Rangers and it showed Jones and Tav standing talking and Jones flicks Tav on the head with a pamphlet.I don't know but that annoyed the fek out of me.Can you imagine a player just in the door,not kicked a ball doing that to big Greig,Gough or any of our Captains,they would have been flattened.
Maybe it's me or maybe it's symptomatic of Jones attitude and why there are rumours of him going out the door.
To be fair Tav seems to enjoy that kind of carry on, I don't see anything wrong with it just players having a laugh.

So what you’re saying is that Gerrard was (rightly) angry at Jones for the initial stupidity, and because he didn’t heal quickly enough he’s had enough?

I can only assume so, it is an opinion and I may be, or perhaps I am, totally wrong. The player showed promise in his few outings before the injury, like a good few on here, I'm surprised he has not been given more time.

Fair to say something has happened to see him shown the door. Perhaps, as I said previously, I am reading too much into SG interview where he came across as less than enamoured with Jones self inflicted absence.

This is a joke surely? :oops:

Mr dont run with scissors!

Just because it's the captain doesnt mean you cant laugh and joke with them. If the stories about him being cocky are true and he has this attitude problem then that's up to the management to nip it. Dont get yourself so bent out of shape over this, lighten up.

If Gazza was still around he'd be hitting Tav with a fish never mind a leaflet.

What situation? And what’s this Katic was wanting to smash him all about ?

Dunno about the Katic situation?

But I can tell you his attitude at Middlesbrough was disgusting, his ego was off the charts to the point that even the local media said he was "cocksure" of himself. Basically they were saying he was excessively arrogant.

Its rubs people up the wrong way.

His past also shows he can be aggressive and he showed how stupid that aggressiveness was against them when he does himself more damage than the opponent.

He had to get rid of his car when he was at Kilmarnock because after games/days off he was always going back down the road and then having to travel back up on the day of training. That's not good for your recovery.

Jordan Jones has done very little wrong in a Rangers shirt except that mental tackle against Celtic, if his attitude was that bad im sure he would've followed wasters like Grezda into the the reserve squad.

Jones appears, from what I have read, to lack maturity. SG gave him the opportunity to grow up, but it seems like he has missed the boat. Tough, but it's his choice. SG is running a team going for #55. He doesn't need wasters.

Actually, I *really admire* SG's attitude. It's just what we need across the board. Adherence to principles, and redolent of Struth and Wallace.

Jordan Jones has done very little wrong in a Rangers shirt except that mental tackle against Celtic, if his attitude was that bad im sure he would've followed wasters like Grezda into the the reserve squad.
exactly, he was unlucky with that silly tackle, im still hopefull he can play a part if he gets a chance, which I hope he does, a start tomorrow night would be good.

Jones appears, from what I have read, to lack maturity. SG gave him the opportunity to grow up, but it seems like he has missed the boat. Tough, but it's his choice. SG is running a team going for #55. He doesn't need wasters.

Actually, I *really admire* SG's attitude. It's just what we need across the board. Adherence to principles, and redolent of Struth and Wallace.

as Houllier told a young Gerrard "keep out of the nightclubs, keep out of bother, work hard and you are going all the way to the top!"

This might sound harsh & I hope I'm wrong but he does appear to have a touch of the Kyle Lafferty's about him.

Can't believe there's a thread on this, but loving the banter.
And in case you haven't noticed OP, 2020 doesn't have the respect of the Greig/Gough days. Young yins don't give a flyin..

Back