Jordan Jones to Sunderland?

He was involved in the process but let’s not re-write history.

Andy Scoulding and King were prominent in the procurement of Gerrard.

Gerrard’s agent Struan Marshall, a good Bear, also played a huge role.
Not saying they weren't but it was mark Allen's idea in the first place

You were rewriting history implying he was a disaster

Hopefully 1 or 2 others on the periphery will be moved on either on loan or permanently and perhaps make room for the pre contract guys.

He contributed to a great Rangers moment with his cross for Alfie against Warsaw. At that point he must have felt that he was on track for a promising Rangers career - I know I did.

Without being privy to goings-on behind the scenes, I felt that his being ostracised in the wake of his dismissal in the reverse against the mendicants seemed harsh. Sure it was a rash challenge - but not of the type that our manager had not been guilty of himself in pressure games.

And for a brief moment this season it appeared that he was back in The Gaffer's plans. The goal v Motherwell was breathtaking; searing pace matched by an equally impressive finish. This was exciting.

And then he went and f**ked it. His (and GE's) actions could easily have placed us in a similar predicament to Celtic post-Dubai. We we're fortunate that it didn't in all honesty.

He doesn't seem like a bad lad, just a person who is lacking in focus and a tad irresponsible. To be like that and survive at Rangers, one needs to be very special. JJ isn't.

Sunderland, albeit a toxic club, could still be a decent move for the lad. Good luck to him.

Its a shame that things didn't work out for Jones at Ibrox. Make no mistake, there is a player there who has the capacity to alter games as an impact sub. But he and Gerrard clearly had a compatibility problem, and therefore the onus was on Jones to prove the manager's conception of him to be wrong. His immature behaviour clearly damaged any possibility of this happening, and so the proposed move to Sunderland.

We are left then with the sense of 'what might have been' with Jones, he could have had a good career, winning things, and been successful, instead he'll get the chance to ply his trade with Sunderland - one of football's perennial 'losers'.

You’re both right.

As far as Jones is concerned, the party isn’t the only time he’s shot his foot. He’s blown making a success of the biggest club he’ll ever play for, and he’s blown his chances of trophies.
Champions League possibly next year. The place where you play the best in Europe and the biggest clubs in the world start looking if you impress there.

Or Sunderland.

Offloading Jones, Stewart and Barker would be nice.

The 3 players just a window into the brain of Mark Allen.

Scary. Truly scary.
Very harsh. All 3 of those signings were free transfers and very low risk.

He also signed Kamara and played his part getting SG in as manager.

No doubt we are in a better position since he left but I'm still grateful of his contribution in our journey getting back to the top.

Surprised he is dropping down to League 1. He is a championship level player and a lot of championship sides have been looking at him.

I was hoping he would be used to bring wright in early. Pay Wright's development fee early and give them Jones for 6 months.

Surprised he is dropping down to League 1. He is a championship level player and a lot of championship sides have been looking at him.

I was hoping he would be used to bring wright in early. Pay Wright's development fee early and give them Jones for 6 months.
A championship level player based on what exactly?

The championship is a high level of football (requiring fitness. dedication and professionalism) for which Jones is nowhere near based on what we’ve seen thus far - which is sporadic good performances and high levels of idiocy and inflated self worth. He’s been a good player at Kilmarnock- who might do ok in the vauxhall conference.

Average Scottish Premiership player with a questionable attitude ever since his younger days. Never really produced through out the course of a season. Strange signing - many said so at the time. Managers don’t get them all right.

Got the chance to play for Rangers, attitude never changed, now out on his arse.

Enjoy Sunderland or clubs of that level. The one shot at glory has gone and his career only goes one way.

Silly lad.

Good move for all involved. Sunderland can really use him and G-d knows he's not getting anywhere near appearing for us (unless we have several players out).

Absolute waste of an opportunity. Imagine getting a chance to play for Rangers and throwing it away. Maybe, if he ever grows up he'll realise what he threw away.

Hope he does well an signs ,

tell u what tho , how will he cope with mcgeady and that other fucking bheast McGuire in the same team ???

Make no bones about it, Jones is a very good player. He can be a bit daft at times, but so have many good good players. I actually believe he could and should be a big player for us, so I hope it works out between us.

Good luck to him, hope he does well and earns a permanent move.
Talent wise he’s fine but a bit loose with his decision making.

You like JJ you say?
Was it the ridiculous tackle that put him out the game for months against Celtc ?
Or
The COVID-19 debacle?
Or
His general state of malaise ?
He’s a total wage thief. He’s been getting a portion of my hard earned season ticket money.
He pretty much lived my dream and he fu.cked it
I don’t like JJ

I liked his performance away in Denmark, I liked his assist for Morelos against Legia, which took us into the Europa league. I liked his performance against Motherwell earlier this season.

The tackle against Celtic was a crazy decision but let’s not get carried away with it. Better players than Jones have made stupid challenges during their career.

His attitude is a problem and I’m not defending that. I’m simply saying there is a player in there who could have added to our squad.

He contributed to a great Rangers moment with his cross for Alfie against Warsaw. At that point he must have felt that he was on track for a promising Rangers career - I know I did.

Without being privy to goings-on behind the scenes, I felt that his being ostracised in the wake of his dismissal in the reverse against the mendicants seemed harsh. Sure it was a rash challenge - but not of the type that our manager had not been guilty of himself in pressure games.

And for a brief moment this season it appeared that he was back in The Gaffer's plans. The goal v Motherwell was breathtaking; searing pace matched by an equally impressive finish. This was exciting.

And then he went and f**ked it. His (and GE's) actions could easily have placed us in a similar predicament to Celtic post-Dubai. We we're fortunate that it didn't in all honesty.

He doesn't seem like a bad lad, just a person who is lacking in focus and a tad irresponsible. To be like that and survive at Rangers, one needs to be very special. JJ isn't.

Sunderland, albeit a toxic club, could still be a decent move for the lad. Good luck to him.

that rash challenge cost him 2 months through injury.

he is almost in his late 20s now, if he hasn't grown up now he never will and if he going back down there then it will end in trouble.

Always had bad vibes from him.

An energy sapper and bad infleunce on those around him.
I'm from greenock (shitehole yes I know , can't pick your birthplace sadly) knowing who he was hanging around with and what he was constantly up to down here i couldn't believe he played for us. I understand everyone has a life outside of football , but the nonsense this boy got up was beyond bizarre , and miles below the standards set by Rangers. He was never going to make it at us , he's blew it big time , the final nail in the coffin was his Covid house party nonsense.

If he is away then it's a good thing. He has no future at Rangers so is just draining cash. Best for him and us if he just got a move elsewhere.

I thought he'd turn out to be a decent option for the squad! Just hasn't worked out at all, best for both he moves on.

Hopefully bring Wright in when he goes

The manager rates Barker, I think he will stay

No matter how many threads the hard of thinking on here drag him into it’s not going to change Gerrard’s view on him.

You either trust Gerrard and his team selection or you don’t.

It’s tiresome from the same simpletons, they just don’t get it.

Back