Jose Pierre-Fanfan

Alexandria_Queens11

Watching old highlights of a game at pittordrie and he was playing.....

Whats everyone’s memories of him?? Came with decent pedigree in france winning the french league with Lens and helping them to the Uefa cup semi’s, then onto Monaco and lastly PSG before us

Scored on his debut didn’t he? I seem to remember he played a few games at CH, got moved to RB then out the team all in about the space of a month.

A weird one. I thought he looked fine at first (he scored on his debut too) until he (and the rest of our defence) got torn a new one by Ivan Sproule at Ibrox. Eck then punted him to right back where he was hopeless and then after a few more games we never saw him again.

He was a centre back and McLeish played him at right back which he was never comfortable playing in that position.Didn't see the best of him because of that.....just my opinion of course.

Started the initial first few games of that season had a horror show up at ICT and was never seen again. Was all a bit bizarre as he arrived with a good reputation as a decent defender.

Was his debut the season opener against Motherwell where he scored? A header?

He looked like a real physical beast but can’t really remember much about him.

Looked like he had never played football before, ditto for his pal Julien Rodrigues. Fastest he ever moved was getting subbed off during another home defeat.

Thanks for this thread OP:(

thats weird , I could have sworn his name was Jean Pierre-Fanfan
Think your right, was in two minds between the two of them
José-Karl Pierre-Fanfan

Wait a minute!!! Mandela effect?

200.webp

He was that bad you would mistake him for being a Le Guen signing, was that bad I'm sure McLeish barely played him after the first few games of the season. Found out quickly!

We signed him and Rodriguez and then Kyrgiakos came crawling back I seem to remember so he got punted to right back.

I remember him warming up for an Old Firm game, McLeish went over to speak to him and he(FanFan) looked visibly furious after the conversation.

Remember seeing a top with......

Number
Fan Fan

.....at one of our first games that season.

WATP

There was a poster in one of the matchday programmes of him, Hemdani, Rodriguez and Nieto? And I used it to cover my primary school homework jotter. That’s my single memory of him

I appreciate he was coping with a diminishing budget but Big Eck didn't half ship in an absolute barrel of duds.

Actually I don't even want to think about the others.

2004 champs league final with Monaco

Fun facts - Jerome rothen a and Pedro mendes started in the same game, Monaco had prso and adebayor on the bench, Porto had edgaras jankauskas (of hearts) on their bench.

Back