Joule Nouble Livingston

For a so called 26 year old journeyman he gave us a helluva lot of trouble today.

Usually big men can be quite clumsy but his close control was impressive.

Would not be surprised that clubs will be looking at him.

Dave Martindale can sure get some uncut diamonds for Livingston.

Souttar struggled against him.
Our high line maybe suited his game.
He won't get that against other SPFL sides.
But he was certainly MOTM.
Well done to the big fella.

For a so called 26 year old journeyman he gave us a helluva lot of trouble today.

Both centre backs really struggled in the first half. Right decision to bring on Sands.

Commented on more than once that that was his first goal in 36 games. Cracking finish though.

Wasn't just Souttar that struggled with him. Two of our players were booked for professional fouls on him. Looked strong, skillfull & direct. Think he will have a good season. Let's hope he causes Celtic problems too.

It happens, these type of guys are littered across Scottish football and pop up to give us or them a bit of a problem. Probably fairly highly rated when he was young but no consistency, just think of others like Kabamba, Ikpeazu, Dolly Menga, even Lyndon Dykes to some extent.

Said it in the match thread but Livingston's ability to scout 6ft+ jobbers to run our defence ragged repeatedly is impressive.

Now watch him score 4 goals all season.
Indeed. Every time we play them there is a big monster up front who turns into Ronaldo. You don't hear about him again until the next time we play and he scores his second goal of the season. Both against us.

He’s garbage, he hadn’t scored for Livingston before today and even at that we gifted him a goal.

Did fine today but will lucky to get near double figures for the entire season.

He’s garbage, he hadn’t scored for Livingston before today and even at that we gifted him a goal.

Did fine today but will lucky to get near double figures for the entire season.
He looked like the biggest guy that Livingston could pluck out of their small crowd

Guy is a haddy who suits playing on that scandal of a pitch, Rob Kiernan would have handled him better than Souttar did which says it all.

Souttar struggled today but I had seen that his brother passed away recently and the funeral is this week, his head would have been all over the place I imagine.
That being the case, in my view, he shouldn’t have been playing.
It’s not as if we didn’t have an able replacement.

sometimes i think these guys look better against a team who are playing a very high line. if we bought him and asked him to be the striker to play in a team against a bank of 10 he would be horrendous.

Souttar struggled today but I had seen that his brother passed away recently and the funeral is this week, his head would have been all over the place I imagine.

That definitely was not a John Souttar performance today so its no surprise he has things going on personally. I believe John will go on and be a big player for Rangers in the coming years alongside Goldson. And the fact they have Ben Davies challenging will only keep them all on their toes.

Seems like one of those "Yeah, watch him next week" situations.

Debut, opening the season against Rangers, home advantage on a dry 3G pitch.

Next week it's just another SPL game on grass and that'll show everyone a lot more about him.

We always struggle against those type of players. Bang average but a big strong player that can bully defenders.

Looked good but we went touch tight far too often.

One of those types of players where it's easier to give them a yard of space & nick the ball rather than get into the physical battle with

Said it in the match thread but Livingston's ability to scout 6ft+ jobbers to run our defence ragged repeatedly is impressive.

Livingston have a knack for setting up against the Old Firm to be fair to them.

If they could sustain it against everyone else they'd be a decent wee outfit.

I honestly think Souttar was signed as a back up option in January in case Goldson left in the summer, we’ve went on to sign Davies since then and think at best all Souttar will get this season if Goldson is injured tbh

He had our defence all over the shop today.

A bit like the Hearts striker that many on here wanted to sign (Simms) or whatever it was

His brother, wow must have been a really young man, rest easy Mr Souttar, imo no way should he have been playing under these circumstances.

Hadn't heard this to be honest. Would certainly explain him not being fully on it today.

Nouble is at least 6ft4 and literally built like a house. He made all of our players look tiny.

Their gameplan was get it to him use his physique.

They'll try and play football against everyone other than us and the filth though.

He wont play a better game all season…All the dross can raise their game once in a while.

Souttar having a nightmare did make him look better than he is, better defending and he doesn't score today.

Guy is a haddy who suits playing on that scandal of a pitch, Rob Kiernan would have handled him better than Souttar did which says it all.
I beg to differ, he was first class at Arbroath last year, big man has incredible ball control for a lad his size.
He's not really a striker, but certainly able to ragdoll defenders who don't expect it.

Reminded me of Alfie in a strange sort of way, the way he managed to bully our defence.

Not saying he’s anywhere near Alfie, but had that kind of game.

I only saw the last 20 minutes today so his first 70 must have been special because I don't think I saw him touch the ball.

Sky gave him MOTM even though Tav's stats were better.

I only saw the last 20 minutes today so his first 70 must have been special because I don't think I saw him touch the ball.

Sky gave him MOTM even though Tav's stats were better.
He was causing us all sorts of problems early on.

Scored and got 3 of our players booked.

Back