Joule Nouble Livingston

Nouble was excellent at Arbroath last year on loan. If Livi hadn’t recalled him I fully believe they would have got promoted. He’s also better as a wide player than a centre forward. A solid player at mid-Prem level

Thought he played very well today. Big mobile and strong with good feet. Took his goal well too

If he keeps performing like that he could be one to watch

Ok, cheers. The bookings thing probably isn't counted in a players stats (yet). :D
No they don’t. But it says a lot about his performance that we had to commit those type of fouls to stop him.

To be fair though, the ref may have been a bit card-happy towards those in red and white :cool:

Was at the game.
The guy had a stormer of a game.
Agree I think he got no less than 4 of our players booked for fouls on him. Was a right handful, super finish as well.

He went shifting Sands so easily when he came on though, I’ll admit I moaned when I saw him warming up but what a difference he made. Starting to see why GVB rates him so highly

He played well but he was given acres of space and invited to win headers. Sands played him well though when he came on.

I beg to differ, he was first class at Arbroath last year, big man has incredible ball control for a lad his size.
He's not really a striker, but certainly able to ragdoll defenders who don't expect it.
Not sure where to start with that, but Arbroath really? You are only highlighting how inept Souttar was today, and not sure about incredible ball control! but being able to control the ball as a professional footballer is a minimum and not height related. He suits Livvy's style on that pitch, next you'll be telling me their a decent footballing team.

He actually had me thinking about Daniel Cousin today. He probably looked better than he is though as Soutar was having a mare.
I hold my hands up in saying I was not a fan of Sands but he was good today and handled Nouble well.

Said it in the match thread but Livingston's ability to scout 6ft+ jobbers to run our defence ragged repeatedly is impressive.

Now watch him score 4 goals all season.

As long as the other 3 are winners against that lot then that's a fine goal haul for the season.

Said it in the match thread but Livingston's ability to scout 6ft+ jobbers to run our defence ragged repeatedly is impressive.

He'll be lucky to get 4. Today was his 23rd game for them and his 1st goal. It makes absolute sense that it was a wonder goal as well.

I thought the big man played a blinder. Why do other teams always sign these giants out of know where who have a worldy against us.

Losing him and dowds killed arbroaths chances of winning that league last season
Yep. Unfortunately for Arbroath their form meant the parent clubs wanted them back.

They were well on the way to push Killie for top spot until that window.

He was sitting amongst us in the semi final against the manky mob. Big centre half was there as well, they were enjoying singing along with us.

Big cart horse, let’s see how he gets on playing on grass.
Haha

Love this place. Same type of guys who will tell you McGinn, Hinksey, Robertson were "shite".

Anyway, a shame that such a cart horse ran us ragged whenever he had the ball.

I'm sure it was the referee's fault etc just to save you the time mate.

He was sitting amongst us in the semi final against the manky mob. Big centre half was there as well, they were enjoying singing along with us.
I was chatting with him tonight. Good mates with Aribo and Kamara he was saying.

Was at the Leipzig semi too and loved it.

I was chatting with him tonight. Good mates with Aribo and Kamara he was saying.

Was at the Leipzig semi too and loved it.
Yeah, he was bouncing about when the crowd were giving it laldy. Big lump of a boy so is the big defender.

%^*& off, see everytime someone has a good game against us we don't need to sign them.

He is a bang average player who caught Souttar on a bad day. Souttar is either a bad player or was over eager today and trying to get too close too many times to show he was committed instead of being clever and realise he this boy was rolling him everytime to allow him the space.

%^*& off, see everytime someone has a good game against us we don't need to sign them.

He is a bang average player who caught Souttar on a bad day. Souttar is either a bad player or was over eager today and trying to get too close too many times to show he was committed instead of being clever and realise he this boy was rolling him everytime to allow him the space.
Nobody on this thread has suggested signing him from what I can see.

Nothing wrong with commenting on a player who played well against us and especially one who is friends with a couple of our players/ex players and attended matches.

Souttar struggled today but I had seen that his brother passed away recently and the funeral is this week, his head would have been all over the place I imagine.
I was told the same a few hours ago about his brother passing away last Sunday, but he must have assured the manager he was ok to play, but understandable in the circumstances.

No. Just no.

Saw on the match thread was that all we needed now was someone saying we should be looking at the big monster up front for Livi. :)) BTW, I do realise it was meant as a joke

As others have said, he played the game of his life today and will now disappear into utter obscurity scoring 2 more goals all season if he’s lucky. :))

He was excellent for Arbroath in the first half of last season then Livingston recalled him in January
Should Gio not take this into account and give him a couple of weeks to settle. Play Sands it's a no-brainer ?

The big guy was a handful. I can see him causing a lot of teams problems this season.

First game of this season.

This guy is no greater than our worst player is shit.

It is one game. He might be shit next week and Souttar might stroll it.

Last edited:
Ffs what was the circumstances? I thought his brother was also a pro?

Thats Harry. I believe its his brother Aaron being referred too. Think he had a long term terminal illness. Just from snippets ive read online. Obviously i dont know anything for a fact, but thats definitely whats being alluded too.

Haha

Love this place. Same type of guys who will tell you McGinn, Hinksey, Robertson were "shite".

Anyway, a shame that such a cart horse ran us ragged whenever he had the ball.

I'm sure it was the referee's fault etc just to save you the time mate.

He ran Souttar ragged, who had a poor game, that was it. Let's not go overboard.

Think people are getting way ahead of themself here.

He scored 0 goals in 20 odd games last season for Livi. He's not that good.

He had a couple good attempts against us but they were due to Souttar having an absolute howler. I'm pretty sure he would have been anonymous had we had a stronger left side of defence today.

Think people are getting way ahead of themself here.

He scored 0 goals in 20 odd games last season for Livi. He's not that good.

He had a couple good attempts against us but they were due to Souttar having an absolute howler. I'm pretty sure he would have been anonymous had we had a stronger left side of defence today.
Spot on mate.

When Sands came on the guy was anonymous.

A pretty poor player in reality.

Has spent his career in non-league football - and it shows.

I think he was first half MOTM.

He tired in the second half but gave Souttar a torrid time until then. Sands played him better.

I disagree that he’s a ‘cart horse’ - he had good close control for such a big guy.

a good player

For a so called 26 year old journeyman he gave us a helluva lot of trouble today.

Usually big men can be quite clumsy but his close control was impressive.

Would not be surprised that clubs will be looking at him.

Dave Martindale can sure get some uncut diamonds for Livingston.

Souttar struggled against him.
I'd normally laugh at and rubbish this kind of post, but you're right. He looked the part, had technique as well as physicality and drive. He'd cost buttons (relatively) I wouldn't mind us taking a punt.

Literally said before the game “that Nouble has a CV that means he will score today - probably from a defensive mess - then FF will have a thread about signing him.”

This year’s Dolly Menga.

Might be a bit more respectful if you rein in your obvious football tactical expertise before slaughtering guys under the circumstances

Might be a bit more respectful if you rein in your obvious football tactical expertise before slaughtering guys under the circumstances

I hardly slaughtered him. I said he had a bad day and I hoped that was all it was.

Slaughtering him would be saying he is shite and will never improve this is the best we can expect from him and he should never wear the shirt again. I have said he had a bad day and I hope it was over eagerness that caused that display because if he doesn't learn from it then we have a problem.

If his personal circumstances were mentally impacting him, he should be speaking with his manager and not playing. Do you believe his personal circumstances made him get on the wrong side of Nouble and that he got touch tight to him 4 times and got rolled 4 times??

He gave our defence a torrid time throughout and had the beating of Souttar. The chance he was one on one against Goldson he had 2 chances to get a shot away before the other guy ballooned it over. Thankfully he chose the wrong decision.

Back