Juan alegria

Thistle score from a corner. Ball played low towards the penalty spot. Thistle players fools ICT defence by missing the ball completely, it goes behind him and another Thistle player shoots and scores.
Just shows that completely missing the ball when you try to kick it, it fools the opposition.

Just switched this on. You could tell straightaway it’s Scottish football. Within the first ten seconds, a punt into the box, ball scrambled clear, a foul when two players literally collide with each other aimlessly. A shite ball back into the box from the free kick, a miscontrol and a pathetic, weak stab at the ball that goes for a goal kick.
Add in that there's a stand missing and three mutants presenting it :D

Thought he was more than decent, would come on even more with better players behind him. His movement was pretty good and so was his touch. Strong and decent pace also. That pitch was unreal though.

Plastic pitches are poor in Scottish football but Partick and our game at St johnstone the pitches are an absolute disgrace. No chance of decent football.

To be fair to Thistle they're sharing with Queens Park so they at least have an excuse.

I thought he was fine in the 50/55 I watched.

Didn’t look out of place in the slightest.

Thought he was more than decent, would come on even more with better players behind him. His movement was pretty good and so was his touch. Strong and decent pace also. That pitch was unreal though.

Cracking touch off a looping through ball, attempted the lob and just over. Probably a 6/10 match, decent game for a first pro start in Scotland for a youth.

Thistle score from a corner. Ball played low towards the penalty spot. Thistle players fools ICT defence by missing the ball completely, it goes behind him and another Thistle player shoots and scores.
Just shows that completely missing the ball when you try to kick it, it fools the opposition.
Similar to murderwell second goal last week. Boy tried to take a touch one way and sent Tav and Goldson the wrong way.

For the television viewer, yes. Which I guess is the main thing these days.

Probably not a great time for the Caley fans this

Feck them, and please don’t call those merger supporting cunts Caley fans. There was only one Inverness Caledonian, and those bastards killed it.

Feck them, and please don’t call those merger supporting cunts Caley fans. There was only one Inverness Caledonian, and those bastards killed it.

I doubt most of the ICT fans going now were even born when the merger happened.

I can vaguely remember Telford park and going to some Caley games when I was very young. Walking along the canal and stopping in at that little pub for a coke and crisps just before (the Caledonian inn?)

I don’t remember anything about the merger though or any opposition to supporting ICT from those around me

Em, no he didn't. Didn't stand out at all amongst the rest of the players.
Only going on what 1 of the thistle players told me, said they couldnt get out their own half 1st half, he came on at half time and they started going longer and he and the other other striker were holding the ball up and bringing others into play.

junior teams can manage to get there pitches in order

theres no excuses for plastic pitches and clubs that would be more suited to growing tatties

Firhill has had 2 teams playing on it all season - Thistle and Queens Park. Understandable that they've struggled to keep the surface in any kind of condition when there's a game on it pretty much every saturday.

Same problem with Dumbarton and Rangers B both playing down at the rock.

Pitches need to be properly maintained at the best of times, never mind with games on them pretty much every Saturday.

Only going on what 1 of the thistle players told me, said they couldnt get out their own half 1st half, he came on at half time and they started going longer and he and the other other striker were holding the ball up and bringing others into play.
Agreed, they changed tactics, but HE didn't "change the game" .

Back