Julen Lopetegui agrees to join West Ham for next season

I don't remember West Ham ever being 'entertainers' in my lifetime.

They had a few decent players when I was a kid, Brooking and Devonshire were fantastic footballers, but apart from them, I'm struggling to think of anyone that would get you off your seat in anticipation of what they were going to do.

Tony Daly maybe?
Tony Daley played for Villa mate, you not think of Arthur?…

People who only focus on the fact Moyes won them a trophy aren't seeing the whole picture.

The football under him recently was absolutely dire, he was already on the verge of being sacked until he won the Conference League.

It would have probably been better for both parties if he had left them after winning that trophy.

The claim that fans want him out because he's not playing 'the West Ham way' is also nonsense. Fans wanted him out because the team was stagnating under him and he was terrible at managing his squad.
European trophy, Qf, semi final and top half finishes... Terrible.

50 odd years ago haha I know how they played then but it's not exactly like it was the previous manager and that's how they haven't taken to Moyes.
You're right!

You'll have to forgive me - as a 70's teenager it's my 'go to' reference point for all that was best in football, music and movies.

It doesn't seem it, but it was a long time ago.

Mark Ward ???
Think he ended up doing time for dealing drugs

Just checked, he got 8 years for dealing Cocain

No, not him.

Trevor Morley is who I was thinking of. It seems the internet is saying he was a striker, but for some reason I thought he was a winger.

A decent player, with great hair.

Circling the relegation zone is the West Ham way. He’s got them deep into Europe, won their first trophy since Alan Devonshire and Trevor Brooking and consistently finish around 7/8. Not sure what else they expect.
Alan Devonshire ! One of my favourite players growing up. Terrific player at his peak.

The way this has played out in the media is a shambles.

Announcing a new manager before Moyes has made it public he’ll be leaving, mutually or otherwise.

The way this has played out in the media is a shambles.

Announcing a new manager before Moyes has made it public he’ll be leaving, mutually or otherwise.
Totally agree. Very poor from the Board.
Moyes deserved more respect than that.

I'm a West Ham fan, Moyes has been fantastic for us but his contract is up at the end of the season and the time is right for change, his football this season has been every bit as bad as Gios, also West Ham have only won 3 games in 2024.

He's been treated appallingly.

The guy won them a European trophy. They could at least treat him with a wee bit of dignity. But then again it's one half of the Dildo brothers we're talking about.

Unfortunately clubs are like this now.

Months after being a penalty kick away from winning us a bigger European trophy, we had a charlatan in the directors box overlooking our under pressure manager.

One of the most un Rangers things we've ever done.

No, not him.

Trevor Morley is who I was thinking of. It seems the internet is saying he was a striker, but for some reason I thought he was a winger.

Tony Morley was the winger (with the great hair!).

We’re re back to Villa again!! Haha!

No, not him.

Have a Google check on Trevor Morley and Ian Bishop for some interesting reading!!

SAF once said about West Ham fans complaining they didn't play "the West Ham way". He said he'd been in England for years and had never seen "the West Ham way"

It's strange watching mid table clubs get above their station and commit suicide.
I ve a feeling whu may regret this move.

I think Europe will have played a part of the inconsistency in the league.

Semi-finals of Europa, lost to winners. Won the conference league the next season then put out in quarters of Europa this season by the probable winners.

I can't see Lopetegui beating that or even matching that, and if I was a West Ham fan, knowing they can't win the league I'd be loving the European runs.
Paqueta supposedly off to City, Liverpool rumoured to interested in Bowen.

That would leave a massive hole in that West Ham side although Simon Jordan was hinting that Moyes has rejected a contract at West Ham rather than the club not wanting to extend it.

Moyes will probably be in another job within the league before Christmas

Back