Jullien

By sounds of it Sturgeon is pissed off and not pleased with SPFL/SFA's nothing to see here approach. Mentioning having seen the pictures just now and how she thinks they are full of sh1te. Reviews to take place. Hopefully doesn't impact our European campaign.

Outrageous that Julian travelled to Dubai.
It’s not like he’s at the end of his recovery. He’s at the stage where it’s purely resting his injury.

I would imagine his “close contacts” are:
All the defenders, the GK’s and the other french players.

Posted on the other thread that it was utter lunacy to drag him in crutches half way round the world.

There needs to be serious ramifications for this - it was purely R&R for him, not training.

Playing devil’s advocate they could say he was there to be part of the ongoing coaching sessions and drills etc without physically needing to compete.
Ceptic will also have taken their medics and physio staff with them. Scum will argue that he had to be there to receive ongoing treatment.
Funny how Lady Karma operates, innit?
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

By sounds of it Sturgeon is pissed off and not pleased with SPFL/SFA's nothing to see here approach. Mentioning having seen the pictures just now and how she thinks they are full of sh1te. Reviews to take place. Hopefully doesn't impact our European campaign.
That p!ssed off she couldnt help mention us again. No need. In fact no other club in scottish football has blatantly disregard for the rules. So stick to them hen!

We would need to sue the Scottish government for loss of earnings if they impacted our euro run (I’m sure they won’t).

What sort of elite sports training was a man on crutches doing?
This is the root cause. Just like having to chew a fruit pastille, putting a set of crutches in with any group of lads, everybody has to have a wee go on them. :))

I suppose they'll also regret ordering the buckets of KFC on their last night too?:)):))

FBS

A player who is so badly injured he's on crutches has no business being on a training camp that is supposed to be restricted to as few people as possible. They should be hammered for that.

Sturgeon is fuming about their essential training camp trip quite clearly going by her press conference there.

She has seen photos and heard evidence on the matter and her statement about a show of respect for the virus shows her anger.

A Tim workmate was laying off about it all, I says mate out of respect for the virus, other people, the NHS and staff on frontline Celtic should have demonstrated a moral standing here and cancelled their trip. He couldn't respond unsurprisingly.

They are a vile disgusting arrogant shower of bastards. Many an innocent life has been lost due to Covid with heartbroken families effected globally yet these immoral classless bastards swan about in Dubai with an injured defender of 4 months who clearly couldn't participate in any method of training other than a bevvy with the lads now contracting/contacting others.

My hatred for them grows by the day, who the %^*& do they think they are.

A player who is so badly injured he's on crutches has no business being on a training camp that is supposed to be restricted to as few people as possible. They should be hammered for that.
It’s not supposed to be restricted to as few people as possible, it’s supposed to not happen at all. The travel exemption applies to “essential training”. This was certainly not essential, as evidenced by the 11 other clubs who have somehow managed to function without it.

It’s not supposed to be restricted to as few people as possible, it’s supposed to not happen at all. The travel exemption applies to “essential training”. This was certainly not essential, as evidenced by the 11 other clubs who have somehow managed to function without it.
Training camps were allowed under the rules for elite sport. It's no use trying to pretend otherwise. Whether they were a good idea is another issue - and how Celtic manipulated things to ensure they and only they would get a warm weather training camp is also another issue. But how they behaved and the disregard for the SFA regulations on how training camps are to be conducted is the issue here.

There could be mileage in the rumour that when the players were all training, and Julian was unable to, he was mixing with people in the hotel and spending time in the hotel spa. That might explain how he came into contact with it.

Training camps were allowed under the rules for elite sport. It's no use trying to pretend otherwise. Whether they were a good idea is another issue - and how Celtic manipulated things to ensure they and only they would get a warm weather training camp is also another issue. But how they behaved and the disregard for the SFA regulations on how training camps are to be conducted is the issue here.
Mate, I linked to the rules earlier. They very, very clearly state that travel is allowed only for “essential training”. It’s there in black and white accessible via gov.scot

I‘m pretending nothing. It’s no use buying the “it’s not the trip itself that’s the problem” narrative that’s being pumped out right now.

Mate, I linked to the rules earlier. They very, very clearly state that travel is allowed only for “essential training”. It’s there in black and white accessible via gov.scot

I‘m pretending nothing.
Literally no one is saying training camps are not allowed other than you. :D

Julliene and Edouard are best friends so the chances that they were not in each others company a lot is BS probably took him along to keep Edouard company.

How can a player who is out for 4 months go on a warm weather training camp , this proves its was a jolly they were on

TBH, if it hadn't been for covid you could see why he went, keep him part of the team etc.

But it as stupidity to take him in this time.

Literally no one is saying training camps are not allowed other than you. :D
I’m not saying it. Page 5 of the rules published via the Scottish government website does. Under “General Guidance”.

It was 100% a piss up and a piss up only. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded to feck.

This does prove it though.

How do you know?.
BREAKING: The Celtic players told to self isolate for 10 days

Jullien
Barkas
Edouard
Ntcham
Soro
Rogic
Christie
Laxalt
Taylor
Forrest
Bitton
Ajer
Elhamed

Just saw this on Facebook not sure if true or not. My mistake Eduard mentioned

Also assumed that because Edward had it before that you couldn’t catch it again

Fair chance he was there as part of his rehab following his injury, given the medical staff would be there with the rest of the squad.

Personally don't see much of an issue with him being there specifically. The trips itself was obviously an act of sheer lunacy.

Jullien
Barkas
Edouard
Ntcham
Soro
Rogic
Christie
Laxalt
Taylor
Forrest
Bitton
Ajer
Elhamed

Should tell you all need to know mate, that list is BS :))

You can test positive twice & still be a carrier, so he’d need to isolate again.

Jullien
Barkas
Edouard
Ntcham
Soro
Rogic
Christie
Laxalt
Taylor
Forrest
Bitton
Ajer
Elhamed

Edouard was one of the names mentioned to me. He can carry the virus despite previously testing positive.

On the other hand, it seems that Rogic was not even in Dubai.

49 staff and players. Sent across the world for a strict training regime during a global pandemic. Despite being on crutches we are expected to believe this as essential and not rest and relax getaway for a player who caught COVID.

SFA have really took the piss with Celtic to allow this trip. Yet have hid behind the sofa hoping it is swept away. A complete embarrassment of an organisation that dares to have professional in their title.

It's ironic that the one guy who didn't have to be there is the one who tests positive. That one bad piece of judgement has sparked one hell of a shitstorm.

Almost poetic.

Back